No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Univex wrote: »
    Theo were so many "ideias" along the way. So many we don't know. I bet Spielberg had an "idea" at some point. And who cares by now? It probably involved multiple scenes with a young Bond mourning his parents, some others with them still alive and fighting because the parent was absent. And then Bond finding a new family at MI6, with M as his new father.

That sounds like something Mendes could have come up with.

Well, he was Spielberg's protege at some point in his career - hint: it was at the beginning ;)

Did not know that!

I think Spielberg invited him to direct American Beauty. And the rest, as they say, is History.

You learn something new every day! Makes yonder who Cary Fukunaga draws inspiration from. Could be an insight to what we might expect with Bond 25.
    Theo were so many "ideias" along the way. So many we don't know. I bet Spielberg had an "idea" at some point. And who cares by now? It probably involved multiple scenes with a young Bond mourning his parents, some others with them still alive and fighting because the parent was absent. And then Bond finding a new family at MI6, with M as his new father.

Well, he was Spielberg's protege at some point in his career - hint: it was at the beginning ;)

Did not know that!

I think Spielberg invited him to direct American Beauty. And the rest, as they say, is History.

You learn something new every day! Makes yonder who Cary Fukunaga draws inspiration from. Could be an insight to what we might expect with Bond 25.

To my knowledge, Kubrick. He's been to his house a few times, even to study from his Napoleon archives in order to work in the gargantuan Napoleon project Spielberg is producing for television. Yep, Spielberg again ;) So, all the right Gods, so to speak.

Did not know that!

To my knowledge, Kubrick. He's been to his house a few times, even to study from his Napoleon archives in order to work in the gargantuan Napoleon project Spielberg is producing for television. Yep, Spielberg again ;) So, all the right Gods, so to speak.

Thanks, that's interesting for sure! Never been too much of a Kubrick guy myself (even Spielberg, but that's mostly a genre thing), but I do like Full Metal Jacket and The Shining. Two very disturbing films!
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Getafix wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I just really hope the film looks visually stunning and grand. One of the problems for me with SP is that the cinematography, while I love Hoytema's work on other projects, just fell flat. It effects the film. The same happened with QoS. I don't think it suited the film and made a film that had such a wide scope feel tight and dark, with weird shine effects throughout, especially in Blofeld's lair.

Now while somewhat confident, with Linus Sandgren being such an inspired choice, some of his work points to the same kind of look that SP had, but I think that Sandgren will definitely understand the Bondian essence that the films need.

Watching a couple of Bond films over Christmas I've noticed how high res digital tvs really ruin the cinematic experience. The detail is totally distracting and you're constantly reminded when a scene is shot on a set. CR and QOS both looked awful.

That’s why plasma HD is the superior format, none of this 4K nonsense
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    For anyone interested, we have a (supposed) recent photo of Daniel on Instagram.

Go to the user @capt_defreitas. It’s the first photo on his account. Looks like maybe Daniel was taking flying lessons perhaps? Interesting.

Anyway, Craig is looking pretty well IMO.
    Let's predict the writing credits! My prediction (which is also my dream scenario at this point):

Story by:
    Neal Purvis
    Robert Wade
    John Hodge
    Danny Boyle

Screenplay by / Written by:
    Neal Purvis
    Robert Wade
    Cary Joji Fukunaga
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Let's predict the writing credits! My prediction (which is also my dream scenario at this point):

Story by:
    Neal Purvis
    Robert Wade
    John Hodge
    Danny Boyle

Screenplay by / Written by:
    Neal Purvis
    Robert Wade
    Cary Joji Fukunaga

Actually very plausable

edited December 2018 Posts: 7,981
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    For anyone interested, we have a (supposed) recent photo of Daniel on Instagram.

Go to the user @capt_defreitas. It’s the first photo on his account. Looks like maybe Daniel was taking flying lessons perhaps? Interesting.

2+ months out, he looks great

gYLnYgi.jpg?1

Certainly looks "on track" fitness wise. Do hope his hair isn't going to be any shorter than that.
    So Daniel is in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. Pleasure or business?

Or both?

Good catch. I didn’t even notice that.
    Craig's tenure and his Bond's career (or maybe even his life) ending in the Caribbean would make perfect sense.
    Jamaica please
  • peterpeter Toronto
    talos7 wrote: »
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

2+ months out, he looks great

gYLnYgi.jpg?1

He is well on his way @talos7 . No surprise
    Bright sun,teal waters, fast boats, bikinis, sharks and more, Yes please.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    I've got no objections to that!
    Craig looks damn good there. I'd say he's Bond ready now.
    Hes coming along but still looks a bit puffy. Compare that recent facial photo to a similar one in Spectre and you can tell he's still not as lean
    He only has 8 weeks
    Puffy? Only 8 weeks? Sigh....
    I actually think he looks better in the face here than in SPECTRE.
    Puffy? Puffy where?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

Same.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    He looks good there.
    doubleoego wrote: »

Same.
    There are moments in SP where, IMO, he looks more like Bond than anywhere else in his run. Craig looked great in that film.
    jake24 wrote: »
    He looks good there.
    doubleoego wrote: »

Same.
    There are moments in SP where, IMO, he looks more like Bond than anywhere else in his run. Craig looked great in that film.

I general, with a couple of exceptions, he did look great in SP
    My initial reaction to the comparison of the recent photo to how he looked in SP was my recollection of how he looked in some of the snow scenes, particularly post plane crash, where I found him looking tired and drawn.
    For the most part he was on point .

This actually touches on a concern of filming in Norway and very cold weather; often, for numerous reasons, it isn’t complimentary to mature actors.
    This was very evident for Roger in FYEO. Look at the difference between how he looks in the cold, snow scenes and how he appears in the Greek sequences , particularly the “boat drag”
    He looks much better in the sunny ,warm environment.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Good points.
    Very true. The Hoffler Klinic scenes in SP didn’t do any favors for Craig. However, he looked fantastic in the Rome & Morocco scenes.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2018 Posts: 23,883
    You gents need to give me the name of your oculist. I thought Craig looked rather lousy in SP. Almost as if he had done some work. This was particularly noticeable in the PTS when he takes his mask off, when he's chasing Sciarra (when they close up on his face check out the eye area), and when he's at Blofeld's HQ (under the 'needle' and also when he's in the control room). I agree on the snow scenes as well, where he looked particularly aged. I thought he looked his best in that film at L'Americaine.

He's looking trimmer in the above photo than he has in other recent shots, but I'm going to wait until there are shots from the actual film before passing further judgement.
    He's fine! Besides, his hair is finally going white or grey isn't it? So, finally we get a non blonde Bond ;)

eheh, had to be the one to say it.