The 2015 "Spy Craze" is ON...dear Bond laddies ;-)

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    delfloria wrote: »
    Told you so! Told you so! Finally, IMF are fighting their own SPECTRE, which is The Syndicate! Finally, they're making a proper Mission: Impossible film rather than The Ethan Hunt Show (the first three), thanks to Ghost Protocol. Can't wait to see the full teaser tomorrow. :D

As described in the trailer, The Syndicate is much more like Thrush (which is a supra-nation), than the private criminal organization that SPECTRE is.
    But, of course it is. I was referring to the role of the antagonism only.
    Rose Byrne just looks... extremely elegant. My type of a lady.
    Any movie with Rose Byrne is virtual must see, I believe!
    timmer wrote: »
    Well I did love her in X-Men: First Class. :D

By the way, can we include The Transporter Refueled into the spy craze thread? It has many James Bond influences ever since the first film.
    Just reading this new article from our friends at HMSS-Blog / The Spy Command: https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2015/03/23/return-of-the-mysterious-shadowy-organization/

I especially love the opening of the article: "It’s like the mid-1960s all over again!"
    Isn't that cool >:)
    By the way, can we include The Transporter Refueled into the spy craze thread? It has many James Bond influences ever since the first film.

Thanks @ClarkDevlin ;-). Just made the necessary "course corrections" :P.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 4,622
    timmer wrote: »
    Well I did love her in X-Men: First Class. :D
    Yes, she was stunning in that film, and she's back in X-Men:Apocalypse too.

:D

Thanks @ClarkDevlin ;-). Just made the necessary "course corrections" :P.
    You're welcome, old chap. ;)

Oh, and by the way, here's the trailer...

...but, before anyone could complain... it's not Statham...

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Looks fun. :)
    Has anyone noticed that Frank Martin's wristwatch is changed from Luminor Panerai to an Omega? I wonder why. ;)
    How could I have forgotten "Spooks"!! New 20th Century Fox trailer is out:

Teaser trailer:

Full Theatrical trailer:
    I did like the Spooks tv series
    SaintMark wrote: »
    I did like the Spooks tv series

I'm still finishing "Homeland" and "The Americans". After that I'll perhaps turn on "Spooks".

By the way, I've also added the teaser poster for "London Has Fallen".
    I loved spooks, can't wait to see this.
    Hmmm, I don't know what to think of it. To me it seems a bit low-budget....
    Even if it's a feature length version of the TV show, I'd be happy. Always thought the
    Programme had pretty high production values, for British TV, which isn't exactly
    Rolling in money. Unless it's some crap like X Factor.
    Updated with this magnificent trailer :-D!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=12&v=GvQJbF2CXLQ
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 11,119
    Good news for "Kingsman"! Apparently, as I already expected, "Kingsman" is on its way to score big in China. Entgroup China is expecting a $100 Million box office result over there, pushing it easily towards $400 Million globally! Fox Pictures did some pretty damn smart marketing in Asia:

http://english.entgroup.cn/views_detail.aspx?id=2982

And make no mistake, 20th Century Fox now have "their own Bond". There will most certainly be a sequel to "Kingsman: The Secret Service". The figures so far, excluding figures from this weekend in the USA (March 28th & 29th) and the figures from its opening weekend in China:

Domestic: $117,214,000 39.1%
    + Foreign: $182,913,440 60.9%
    = Worldwide: $300,127,440

Also "Taken 3" (another 20th Century Fox franchise) is doing pretty well at the box office. With the first box office numbers from China coming in -it premiered there on March 20th- it now has accumulated this:

Domestic: $88,871,116 28.6%
    + Foreign: $222,400,000 71.4%
    = Worldwide: $311,271,116

Markets in China will also be the key to success of upcoming action franchises like "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation" (Paramount/Bad Robot), "Spy" (and another 20th Century Fox production), "Furious 7" (Universal Pictures), "The Man From UNCLE" (Warner Bros.) and Bond 24..."SPECTRE" (Sony Picturues/MGM).
    Here's a TOP 10 of upcoming movies according to IMDB. The article/feature is called "Top 10 Upcoming Movies on IMDb MOVIEmeter". So it only includes real upcoming movies. Not those that are already in cinema. The list was made with Sunday March 29th updates included. So, it was AFTER the release of trailers for both "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation" and "SPECTRE". James Bond "SPECTRE" now firmly on no#3: http://www.imdb.com/list/ls076237283/?ref_=hm_top_lk1#1

#01 in "upcoming movies TOP 10", #03 in real IMDB MOVIEmeter":
    "Avengers 2: Age Of Ultron" (Disney Pictures/Marvel)

#02 in "upcoming movies TOP 10", #07 in real IMDB MOVIEmeter":
    "Pixels" (Sony Pictures)

#03 in "upcoming movies TOP 10", #10 in real IMDB MOVIEmeter":
    "Bond 24: SPECTRE" (Sony Pictures/MGM/EON Productions)
    IMDB Comment: "No surprise here. The 007 universe continues its savvy move of rolling out vlogs in advance of trailer debuts to give fans an on-set look at the locations and stunts being dreamed up in order to maintain the franchise's commitment to upping the stakes with every release. And whoever thought of casting Dave Bautista is a prophet."
    I told ya guys ;-).

With the teaser trailer just released over the weekend, look for a MOVIEmeter jump this week.

#04 in "upcoming movies TOP 10", #14 in real IMDB MOVIEmeter":
    "Paper Towns" (20th Century Fox)

#05 in "upcoming movies TOP 10", #15 in real IMDB MOVIEmeter":
    "Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens" (Disney Pictures/Lucasfilm)

#06 in "upcoming movies TOP 10", #16 in real IMDB MOVIEmeter":
    "The Longest Ride" (20th Century Fox)

#07 in "upcoming movies TOP 10", #18 in real IMDB MOVIEmeter":
    "Hotel Transylvania 2" (Sony Pictures)

#08 in "upcoming movies TOP 10", #23 in real IMDB MOVIEmeter":
    "Max" (First independent MGM Feature!)

#09 in "upcoming movies TOP 10", #25 in real IMDB MOVIEmeter":
    "The Transporter Refueled" (Canal+/RelativityMedia)

#10 in "upcoming movies TOP 10", #27 in real IMDB MOVIEmeter":
    "Jurassic World" (Amblin/Universal Pictures)

Not featured in the TOP 10 are:
    --> #37 IMDB MOVIEmeter: "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2" (Lionsgate)
    --> #46 IMDB MOVIEmeter: "Spy" (20th Century Fox)
    --> #78 IMDB MOVIEmeter: "Mission: Impossible - Rogie Nation" (Paramount/Skydance)
    --> #80 IMDB MOVIEmeter: "The Man From UNCLE" (Warner Brothers)

Some interesting things here. It seems Sony Pictures (3 films) and MGM (2 films, their 1st independent production "Max" included) can look forward to a very good year indeed. "Pixels" is already a movie to look out for. Its trailer release from two weeks ago certainly paid off.

And "SPECTRE", well, that film was always going to compete with the biggest ones ("Avengers 2", "Star Wars 7", "Furious 7"). And don't forget that the release date for "SPECTRE" is still far far away...Still, another +1 Billion Dollar movie is really in the making. I'm still sticking with my $1.2 Billion global box office prediction. China and USA will make that happen for sure this time, grossing totals that are quite magnificent.

On the downside, we see that "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation" could not really gain from their trailer release last week. Is it telling? Is the Paramount publicity machine slightly rusty...slightly "panicky"? Interesting to see how "The Man From UNCLE" will hold up against "Rogue Nation".
    A new poster and trailer is out for "Spy". And they are quite amazing ;-):

spy-poster-gold.jpg
    Jude Law sports the Bond attire, while Jason Statham sports the Archer attire. :))

Rose Byrne... Oh Lordy!!! :-O
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    #¤%¤% off, Jude Law.
    Sadly, it doesn't look good to me. :(
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Well, the SPECTRE trailer (original upload from 007.com) has been watched by over 6 million viewers. I've been monitoring the views over the past four days and it appears that the video is gaining 1 million views each day. :)
    A new poster and trailer is out for "Spy". And they are quite amazing ;-):

spy-poster-gold.jpg

It is not a trip to the cinema for me this movie, but I have to say I did find the trailer very funny! :))
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2015 Posts: 4,443
    Pierce Brosnan Survivor (2015) is now August movie in The Netherlands with 27 August 2015, one weak after The Man from U.N.C.L.E.. and one weak before Agent 47. Previously release date was 12 November 2015. VS release date is 29 May 2015. UK 5 June. Belgium 11 November (Wil possible change, mabey not in 26 August.)

The movie is released by Dutch FilmWorks, same Dutch company who released The November Man last year in September. The movie did $465,047. Mabey it will help if there saying that the movie is directed by the directer of V for Vendetta.

suavejmf wrote: »
    Beards look s***. They should be banned when promoting such a film. Image is everything in marketing.

I don't know about Armie Hammer, but Henry Cavill grew his beard for a movie called Stratton he's about to start filming. Comes up in passing in this interview:

I looked past the beards of those two wunderful actors. One thing is for sure. Armie, but especially Henry......ooze the Bond charisma. I really can see Henry Cavill play agent 007 one of these days.

Also, here's a wunderful article about the upcoming "The Man From UNCLE":
    http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-ca-movie-sneaks-man-from-uncle-cavill-vikander-20150426-story.html

It really seems agent 007 gets "attacked" by many other spies this year ;-).
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Pierce Brosnan Survivor (2015) is now August movie in The Netherlands with 27 August 2015, one weak after The Man from U.N.C.L.E.. and one weak before Agent 47.

The Dutch spy fans are being spoiled this summer :-P. In rapid succession:
    --> "Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation"
    --> "The Man From UNCLE"
    --> "Survivor"
    --> "Agent 47"
    I already have passed on Hitman: Agent 47, because the trailer showed nothing but nonsense where there are only explosions, unnecessary gymnastic stunts, no discretion with the protagonist from the source material he's supposed to be derived from, and instead of being a "Silent Assassin", he goes on to pull the trigger on anything that moves. The trailer alone makes the previous Hitman film truthful to its source material.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I agree, @ClarkDevlin. Agent 47 looks atrocious in every way. Sadly we'll likely never see a faithful onscreen adaptation of the character considering that his silent methods clash with the explosion-loving climate of the movie-going types they're marketing it towards.
    If they want to make it action-packed, there are elegant ways of doing it, not try and write 28 pages of high-octane adrenaline bumping elements and only two lines of spoken words. That's Michael Bay's alley. If they really want to make a truthful Hitman film, it has to be suspense thriller, not action/adventure. 47 doesn't get himself involved in a shootout if he's to be portrayed by the book. Sure, in the games, if you break out of stealth, there will be loads of firefights, but it won't give you the "Silent Assassin" rank, which was what 47 is, if you do catch my drift. Keep explosions and torn down buildings to Avengers Assemble and Transformers.