The 2015 "Spy Craze" is ON...dear Bond laddies ;-)

Comments

U.N.C.L.E., which is in the vein of "From Russia with Love" and Ipcress File is very much a Spy Thriller.
    Where this topic goes, newspaper "The Guardian" follows ;). Read here a wunderful article about how to prepare for "SPECTRE.....off course by watching a lot of "Bond-wannabes" in cinema:
    http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/apr/30/spectre-james-bond-seven-spy-movies-to-see
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Personally, I was never attracted to the show, so I'll be letting this one slip.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Sad news for me. I loved the show and was really looking forward to the film. :(
    I'll still give it a go though. ;)
    In The Netherlands the new action film "Big Game", with Samuel L. Jackson, gets a neat 3-star rating:
    http://www.cinema.nl/bioscoop/artikelen/11499136/recensie-big-game

I have a feeling this is a bit "The Goonies" meets "James Bond" meets "Airforce One".
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2015 Posts: 4,442
    Dutch poster of Spy

9200000043162039.jpg

The poster and spymovie.nl confirm the movie is delayd with 2 weaks from 21 May til 04 June, but trailer who also can find on the website stil say 21 May.

Big Game wil be released in September on BD/DVD by DFW
    9200000041188516_1.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Jude Law's hairline and toupee is a joke.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @£$€ off, Jude Law.
    Oh dear, where's Rose Byrne?!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Jude Law, either I really like him (Sherlock Holmes, Don Hemingway), either he makes me want to punch my TV (Alfie remake, Sleuth remake).
    Jude Law, either I really like him (Sherlock Holmes, Don Hemingway), either he makes me want to punch my TV (Alfie remake, Sleuth remake).
    I do agree with that one. That's exactly the same feeling I have about Jude Law.
    I do agree with that one. That's exactly the same feeling I have about Jude Law.

I really liked him in "Side Effects". Wunderful film.
    Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer arrive back in Rome. East European Comic Con starts very soon which will mark the start of the official publicity tour for promoting "The Man from U.N.C.L.E.". From here on out it should get interesting. Perhaps the new trailer will hit soon.
    Grimsby isn't out until 2016 now.

Out of interest @Gustav, how would you define spy movie? Because I don't think a few of these count. Big Game is about the US president teaming up with a Finnish hunter kid to fight terrorists in the wilderness. Hitman, if it follows the games, is about an assassin working for an independent assassin agency. Fast And Furious are about street racers turned bank robbers turned, well they seem to just end up doing odd jobs for people now. The Transporter films are about an expert driver mercenary. Taken isn't really a spy film, it's a series of revenge films about a retired special forces assassin. Blackhat is a film about hackers.

Anyway, I quite liked Kingsman and if we are counting Taken 3, I thought that was alright. Grimsby should be funny. Other than that, eh. Man From Uncle just looks really cheesey and not very interesting at all to me tbh. As for Spy, I like Jason Statham but I can't stand Melissa Mccarthy. Thought Spooks was a good show but the film seems pointless, the ending of the show wrapped things up nicely, no need for a film. Also, the film looks very cheap and it hasn't gotten great reviews so I'm not gonna see it.
    London's People's Premiere of U.N.C.L.E. on Aug 7th...................SOLD OUT IN 60 SECONDS.
    [img][/img]UNCLE%20poster%203%20_zps0fhs18yq.jpg
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    That's a very cool poster!
    Certainly is a cool poster indeed! :-bd
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 11,119
    delfloria wrote: »
    [img][/img]UNCLE%20poster%203%20_zps0fhs18yq.jpg

I think it's very Bond-esque. Hell, even the turtle-neck is back :-P. Actually, Armie Hammer as James Bond 007? First American actor to do so? Ideas?
    The 'turtleneck' is back from UNCLE, itself, that started the trend of it. ;)
    Still from SPECTRE. OK they all share the same tailor.[img][/img]Solo%20and%20007%20in%20black%20_zps6cuy1jsl.jpg
    The Spy Craze gets hotter and hotter"dear Bond fans :-P! Hear, hear, hear the theme song to the already critically acclaimed Bond spoof "SPY". Los Angeles based singer/songwriter Ivy Levan wrote, composed and sang the Bond-esque theme song!!

In the meanwhile "SPY" gets excellent reviews, which is quite unprecedented for a Bond spoof:
    95% critics rating on RottenTomatoes
    96% public rating on RottenTomatoes
    7.5 public rating on IMDB
    80% critics rating on Metacritic

Anyone?
    Anyone?

Spy could have a 200% positive score, it still looks weak and unfunny to me. Shrug.
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    Anyone?

Spy could have a 200% positive score, it still looks weak and unfunny to me. Shrug.

I think it could be really a pleasant surprise. Less tacky as spoofs like "Get Smart", "Spy Hard" and "Austin Powers", because of some serious good action sequences. According to critics, the comedy and jokes enhance the plot and story...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Not a fan of McCarthy or Jude Law. It looks like a by the numbers bad comedy. I'll see it when it hits the shelf of my Local Library.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I can't stand Melissa McCarthy. I find her terribly annoying and unfunny, as well as unappealing. So I won't be watching SPY, except on video.

@Gustav_Graves, regarding your suggestion of Hammer for Bond, please see my thoughts below (he has failed to impress me in anything I've seen him in up to now - I hope for the best in Uncle):