The 2015 "Spy Craze" is ON...dear Bond laddies ;-)

Comments

Here's a great article about the upcoming "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.", as well as some insight in the new "Mission: Impossible 5" movie.

total_film.png

As well as a great new poster from "Kingsman: The Secret Service". And it's inspired entirely by those painted Bond posters on a white background ("Live And Let Die"? "You Only Live Twice"?):
    kingsman_the_secret_service_german_poster.jpg

And a version on a black background:
    kingsman-poster-main.jpg
    Anddd, today the first trailer from the spy spoof "Spy" was released:

And the poster:
    spy-poster1.jpg

And the poster:
    spy-poster1.jpg

Now that did make me chuckle! :))
    Hehe, it's indeed funny.

There's new news about "Mission: Impossible 5" Bond laddies! Apparently, the crew headed to the Cayman Islands for several underwater action sequences. So funny.....where Bond is doing an "OHMSS", Mr Hunt is probably doing a "TB" :-P:

http://masterherald.com/mission-impossible-5-shooting-possibly-continues-with-cayman-islands-stunts/7605/
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I wonder if this new Spy craze, will help get the " Saint" series off the ground ?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    1. Survivor
    2. Kingsmen: The Secret Service
    3. Taken 3
    4. M:I 5
    5. The Man From U.N.C.L.E

I don't go to the cinema much these days, but those are the ones that i'll be adding to my DVD collection on release.
    So it is official: "Mission: Impossible 5" premieres a whopping 5 months earlier. And they still need to film underwater sequences on the Cayman Islands before that. I hope this new release date doesn't put crew and cast in "rushing up mode". I am longing for a damn good 5th M:I-film, not a rushed up affair.

Anyway, this is perfect news for agent 007 in "SPECTRE". "SPECTRE" will now truly be the last and final non-sci-fi, non-fantasy and non-3d film of 2015, making it slightly more likely that it can have a better holdover before, during and after the premiere of "Star Wars 7" :-)!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited February 2015 Posts: 4,443
    Big Game http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2088003/

a0ffafc.jpg

Finland: 25 March 2015
    The Netherlands: 07 May 2015
    VS/UK: 8 May 2015
    Belgium: 13 May 2015
    Germany: 18 June 2015

Already have been seen in Canada in September 2014. This made it like Kingsmen and Taken 3 a 2014 movie, but released in 2015 in moost other country's.

Beause of Mi5, Man From Uncle Dutch release be delayd for a weak til 20 August 2015.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I saw Taken 3 and loved it, so the year is off to a great start! :D
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I'm onto Kingsman in a few days, been waiting forever for that film. Lord knows how many times it was pushed around back and forth.
    That " Big Game" looks good. :)
    I personally wonder what would be the eventually-baptized title of Mission: Impossible 5. Will they use Roman Number behind the series' name? or add a sub-title to it like Ghost Protocol for the fourth?

As for The Man From UNCLE, big fan of the series, big fan of Guy Ritchie, it's definitely a top priority for me. The cast is amazing as well.

Any ideas when Survivor is actually coming? There are no reports as of yet, and the film that was inspired by both Taken and Rambo, in which Pierce Brosnan also stars (not in the lead, though) as a "heroic government agent", called No Escape is pushed back to September.
    Survivor:

The Netherlands 12 November 2015 (Pathe.nl said this, imdb stil 09 July 2015)
    UK 10 July 2015 (Imdb)
    Belgium 11 November 2015 (Imdb)

gz6p4sucip.jpg
    Souce poster: Filmtotaal
  • I have been checking the reviews of "Kingsman" lately. Some two weeks ago it hit the 8.4 mark on IMDB. But the rating is already down to 8.2. On RottenTomatoes it can't get past the 80% after already 51 counted reviews. Metacritic has it at 6.6 right now.

Now reviews don't tell everything. But it's certainly not as review-friendly as the last couple of Bond films :-).
  • RogueAgent wrote: »

And the poster:
    spy-poster1.jpg

Now that did make me chuckle! :))

Yeah, me too :-P. It's a blatant copy of the "Skyfall" poster hehe. Again this Bond films leaves an impression on others :-P.
    Here's my reviews of the first two out of the gate.

Blackhat: Cheap looking flat and dull. Horrible. Not worthy of a rating. OK 1/5

Taken 3: Watchable, but not very good.2/5 max.
    With spy movies seemingly back in fashion, are there any rumours of
    Derek Flint,of Matt Helm making a come back too ? :)
    DrGorner wrote: »
    DrGorner wrote: »
    I did hear of Helm rumblings. Nothing re Flint

I of course am wishing for Destroyer re-launch.(Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins)

But this time, call it The Destroyer!
  • Well, let's not forget the TV-series. They seem to be quite popular as well within the spy genre:

"The Americans", season 3 premiere:
    The_Americans,_season_3,_promotional_image_2015.jpj.jpg

"Homeland", season 5 premiere:
    homeland-season-4-key-art-full.jpg

"Burn Notice", final season:
    o-BURN-NOTICE-FINAL-SEASON-KEY-ART-900.jpg?6

"Covert Affairs", season 5 premiere:
    piper-perabo-covert-affairs-embed1.jpg
    Homeland Season 4 be on Dutch tv on the moment. Please use spoiler option for Burn Notice poster. Dutch tv stil must release Season 4 and later. Mad Men too, Dutch tv must stil show season 6!. The Americans is also tv series who not been on Dutch tv yet. Some tv guide/tv channel partly already runed Board Walk S3 (I hope it wil be this year, we already waiting 2 years) with showing 2 others chacters with lead actor on promotion of season 4 who be in doubt or there wil surving S2.

You must realy lurn to use spoiler tags more, inspecialy even more with tv series or in case of Spectre.
  • I'm sorry. But I don't consider this spoiler of any kind. Especially not when the final season of "Burn Notice" has already been broadcasted in the USA. It is common knowledge. It doesn't say one bloody thing about the story or plots. This also goes for the season premiere posters.
  • DrGorner wrote: »

A Matt Helm project has been bouncing around Paramount for several years. Haven't heard any news about it for quite some time.
    edited February 2015 Posts: 15,423
    I've finished Burn Notice two years ago. Can't say it was the way I wanted the series to end, wasn't happy with the last two seasons, but again, it was a good run, @Gustav_Graves. Enjoy it.
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Survivor:

The Netherlands 12 November 2015 (Pathe.nl said this, imdb stil 09 July 2015)
    UK 10 July 2015 (Imdb)
    Belgium 11 November 2015 (Imdb)

gz6p4sucip.jpg
    Souce poster: Filmtotaal
    Well, if those release dates are that close, we should've gotten a trailer by now. Always have been in love with Milla Jovovich, with Pierce being my ideal Bond for the modern times, and with the idea that I always wanted them to pair them up in action/spy film, I have to say, I am pushing my luck demanding the release of this film, as soon as possible.
    Burn Notice final season is old news. It's been out about a year or so on dvd.
    Good finale .Nice finish for both Mike and Fi.
    This show is worth watching for the incomparable Bruce Campbell.
    edited February 2015 Posts: 15,423
    timmer wrote: »
    Burn Notice final season is old news. It's been out about a year or so on dvd.
    Good finale .Nice finish for both Mike and Fi.
    This show is worth watching for the incomparable Bruce Campbell.
    Bruce Campbell is phenomenal. Well, I've been hearing rumours about Sam Axe and Jesse Porter spin-off. Haven't you, @timmer?
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 4,622
    Anything with Sam Axe would be super. Jesse too, but Sam's the key.
    And do leave Mike and Fi in hiding, and retired. They've been through enough.
    Anything with Sam Axe would be super. Jesse too, but Sam's the key.
    And do leave Mike and Fi in hiding, and retired. They've through enough.
    I couldn't agree more. Have Sam cracking jokes and taking things lightly while giving the villains hell for what they've done. My money is on Sam, indefinitely that is.

"You know spies. Bunch of b!tchy little girls." :))
    Campbell as Sam Axe is what made me keep coming back to that show. Donovan was good too. It was his show, but Axe was best sidekick ever. Campbell's comic touch is deft, and he could play tough and nasty too, but his forte is his one-liners and wisecracks.
    A Sam Axe spin-off would be perfect. The finale left Sam and Jesse positioned for just that, and of course the show could be populated with girls galore too.
    Sam is ultimate ladies man.
    Campbell as Sam Axe is what made me keep coming back to that show. Donovan was good too. It was his show, but Axe was best sidekick ever. Campbell's comic touch is deft, and he could play tough and nasty too, but his forte is his one-liners and wisecracks.
    A Sam Axe spin-off would be perfect. The finale left Sam and Jesse positioned for just that, and of course the show could be populated with girls galore too.
    Sam is ultimate ladies man.
    I second that notion. I've been a Campbell fan long before Burn Notice (Evil Dead/Army of Darkness anyone?) and of course, I liked Donovan in the role of Michael Westen, too. But he sort of dropped the ball for me in the last two seasons. Probably too much over-reactive? Axe is the man who keeps his cool no matter what. Wasn't it the finale of the first season where he was captured and held captive as a hostage? His one-liners and humour were unbeatable even then. That's what I like about Sam.