The 2015 "Spy Craze" is ON...dear Bond laddies ;-)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @BondJasonBond006, it's weird, right before I clicked on this article, I was actually reading an interview with Ed Skrein. Seems like a very down to earth, peaceful, nice guy. I haven't seen anything from the new 'Transporter,' but I'll probably check it out once it hits home release.
  • Now the "SPECTRE" poster has been released, I think a proper poster collage of all of this year's spy movies would be very welcome. I ranked them in order of premiere date:

Jv3lpD.jpg
    BATYUE.jpg
    U7as4u.jpg
    5DEerv.jpg
    6CtEBf.jpg
    ppNJLB.jpg
    yEoBMe.jpg
    NkBzmu.jpg
    NAdCqd.jpg
    WX2QWV.jpg
    tj0toB.jpg
    YyRtlM.jpg
    iWLJ82.jpg
    egfJ7G.jpg
    N06TeI.jpg
    6veofi.jpg
    ds4TcM.jpg
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited September 2015 Posts: 15,423
    Just seen The Transporter Refueled.

Wow, I liked that one, much more than Hitman or UNCLE.

Simple, spectacular fun and action and fighting scenes.

Ed Skrein is marvelous and he sure looks and acts a lot like James Bond in that movie.
    Born 1983 he'd be the perfect age to succeed Craig.
    Glad to hear some good voice provided to Refueled. The idiocy on the Facebook main page with several ignorant comments like "No Statham No Transporter" has gotten unbearable since the first day... I'm looking forward to it myself.
  • Besides "SPECTRE", I am still looking forward to "Bridge Of Spies". Don't forget...it's a collaboration between Steven Spielberg and the Coen Brothers.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I saw transporter refuelled and it was as I expected; not a very good film at all but delivered on entertainment. I went in knowing that and that's precisely what I got.The film delivers exactly as advertised and anybody going in to see it, expecting something more is kidding themself. It's OTT ridiculous action and stunts with poor acting but the locations were sweet though. I'm more a fan of the transporter TV series than I am any of the movies and Skrein as the next Bond? :)) :)) :)) :)) an absurd suggestion will never happen.
  • doubleoego wrote: »
    I saw transporter refuelled and it was as I expected; not a very good film at all but delivered on entertainment. I went in knowing that and that's precisely what I got.The film delivers exactly as advertised and anybody going in to see it, expecting something more is kidding themself. It's OTT ridiculous action and stunts with poor acting but the locations were sweet though. I'm more a fan of the transporter TV series than I am any of the movies and Skrein as the next Bond? :)) :)) :)) :)) an absurd suggestion will never happen.

How were the car chases in this film??
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Like they've always been in the previous 3 movies but with an extra side of OTT madness.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited September 2015 Posts: 9,020
    doubleoego wrote: »

We'll see in 2020 :)) some called Craig's appointment absurd too in 2005
    But of course I see your point, and my suggestion was with a twinkle in my eye ;)

I didn't find Ed Skrein's perfomance bad or wooden. He did what was asked of him to do I think. In fact I was pleasantly surprised how many bondesque moments the movie had because of him. That's not to say he's qualified for it, just what I noticed during the film.
    @Gustav_Graves

There is more car action in it than in all previous 3 movies combined I think.
    Bloody OTT awesome!
    doubleoego wrote: »
    It was going to be ridiculous. Surely you didn't expect 'Shakespearean' play from it, did you? They kept the trend of the original trilogy from what I heard, which is the over-the-top action formula. My kind of thing. I'll most sincerely go and see it myself. And in defense of JasonBond006, the whole film series had that Bond feel and moments taken to an unbelievable level, which in other words is called 'OTT', and may I say... particularly Transporter 2.

Having said that, though, neither Ed Skrein nor Jason Statham are Bond materials. Now, these I'll call (to quote Anthony Horowitz properly) 'too street' or 'rough' for the character, and we all see why. Chris Vance, the TV Transporter on the other hand, had the more realistic approach and charismatic presence wherever he went. More calculative and calm than the uber-cocky Statham. Frank Martin, The Transporter was displayed as a generic action hero, whereas Vance gave him a characterization somehow... And I dare to say, he was a mixture of James Bond and Simon Templar. One episode has a low-life villain telling him "You think you're James Bond, right?" Only for Martin to answer, "Bond... gets smarter villains." How right he was! :)) Such a shame there's no confirmation on whether there'll be a third season, because the last one ended with an absurd cliffhanger... No spoilers provided, of course.

As for Refueled, I'll be going to see it, knowing it's a knock-off of Statham vehicle without him in it, but an imitator I've been told.
    @ClarkDevlin

When you've seen Transporter I would be interested to know what you think of Ed Skrein, the movie trailer isn't that revealing and I found him to be quite convincing. I think there's more to him than meets the eye in that movie.

Furthermore I want to add that while Statham sure is one of my favourite actors I didn't miss him a second, maybe because I already got accustomed to a different actor, namely Vance in the TV Show.

As for the third season, I read somewhere that it will happen. But it is not a normal TV Show that gets season produced every year. There was also a very long wait for the second season with no word of renewal for a long time.
  • Marketing-wise, it wasn't a very smart move to choose Ed Skrein. The movie is an even bigger flop than "UNCLE" (Actually "UNCLE" most likely passes the $120 Million). So a 4th Transporter-film is out of the question.
    edited September 2015 Posts: 15,423
    Marketing-wise, it wasn't a very smart move to choose Ed Skrein. The movie is an even bigger flop than "UNCLE" (Actually "UNCLE" most likely passes the $120 Million). So a 4th Transporter-film is out of the question.
    Well, for a film that's made with $22 Million budget, it already made a $19 million in the box office in less than a week. I wouldn't call that a 'flop', whereas UNCLE barely passed the $80 Million within the length of a month, against a $75 Million budget.
  • I just saw "The Gunman" with Sean Penn, Javier Bardem & Idris Elba. My advice? Go see it!

I really don't understand all the negative reviews of this movie. It has a certain "Quantum Of Solace"-flair to it. Sean Penn is marvellous as ex-secret agent/ex-hitman. And, again, Javier Bardem knows how to act. One of his best roles since "Skyfall". Pity it wasn't bigger.
    Just had to sit through that crock calling itself Transporter Refueled because Mrs Bondsum fancied seeing it, no matter my objections. Looks like this "spy craze" is over before it's even been allowed to flourish based on these spy offerings. As for Ed Skrein, the athlete come actor, he's far too "street" for Bond. Am I allowed to say that? He's okay-ish in T4 but he's not as good as Statham. As for the plot, kinda felt like it was borrowing from the Connery/Harrison dynamics that made Indy Jones: Temple of Doom so popular; we know Luc Besson is a bit of a magpie when it comes to his movies. Sadly, Skreiin is no Ford and Bo Stevenson is no Connery. The car chases weren't all that either, nor were the quick-cut fist fights. SPL 2: A Time for Consequences is still the best action movie I've seen this year. Don't waste your money or time on this Transporter crap. The tank is empty :))
    I disagree. I've seen the movie, and I enjoyed it immensely. Ed Skrein wasn't brilliant but he was good in the role. I'm looking forward to seeing him reprise the role. And I did like Ray Stevenson's character as Frank's father, and their relationship as familial best buds. So, I would recommend the film, like JasonBond006 said here, for those who like escapist fun films.
    I disagree. I've seen the movie, and I enjoyed it immensely. Ed Skrein wasn't brilliant but he was good in the role. I'm looking forward to seeing him reprise the role. And I did like Ray Stevenson's character as Frank's father, and their relationship as familial best buds. So, I would recommend the film, like JasonBond006 said here, for those who like escapist fun films.

Yes, I can wholeheartedly recommend it. It is pure fun and spectacularly great in car action scenes. Ray Stevenson is amazing (again as usual).
    As for Ed Skrein, I think he is underrated. I liked him very much and he can fight he can run he can look angry or make witty comments. And he looks swell in a suit.
    That's why I said I could imagine him as Bond.

One thing is important when watching Transporter Refueled. Don't compare it to the Statham trilogy. It is a remake more than a reboot. There's not much left of the original story and concept expect the Audi and his rules and the name Frank.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The producers of the 'Transporter' films signed for a 4th, 5th and 6th film before 'Refueled' was made. And given Luc Besson is producing, he has the money in his pockets to make more sequels even if no-one else wants to.
    Thanks, @ClarkDelvin and @BondJasonBond006. I've made a mental note of both your names and will be avoiding any future movie recommendations you make here on the forums. You see, I can get something positive from this experience. ;)
    bondsum wrote: »
    Thanks, @ClarkDelvin and @BondJasonBond006. I've made a mental note of both your names and will be avoiding any future movie recommendations you make here on the forums. You see, I can get something positive from this experience. ;)

I highly recommend Spectre :))
    I just saw "The Gunman" with Sean Penn, Javier Bardem & Idris Elba. My advice? Go see it!

I really don't understand all the negative reviews of this movie. It has a certain "Quantum Of Solace"-flair to it. Sean Penn is marvellous as ex-secret agent/ex-hitman. And, again, Javier Bardem knows how to act. One of his best roles since "Skyfall". Pity it wasn't bigger.

Neither did I! I really enjoyed it for what it was, and I had a damn good time watching it.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    I just saw "The Gunman" with Sean Penn, Javier Bardem & Idris Elba. My advice? Go see it!

Neither did I! I really enjoyed it for what it was, and I had a damn good time watching it.

I liked it a lot too! Got bad ratings, but undeserved. If one looks for a more serious spy-flick, than in this year 2015 "The Gunman" is the best choice.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I liked it a lot too! Got bad ratings, but undeserved. If one looks for a more serious spy-flick, than in this year 2015 "The Gunman" is the best choice.

It was time well spent and I loved the action scenes and finale in it. Plus, Sean Penn was scary jacked and talented in it. Very believable in his role.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited September 2015 Posts: 4,456

New Trailer from Momentum, with Olga Kurylenko, James Purefoy & Morgan Freeman.

A drive is stolen.. (But this time we know where it is...)

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2601235225?ref_=tt_pv_vi_aiv_1

Quote: I spend years hide in the darkness, now it is time to coming to the light...

Because movie is delayd, so there is no new release date yet other then 20 November 2015 from Uk and limited release in USA on 16 October 2015. But like November Man and that other Brosnan movie No Escape (29 October in Dutch cinema's) the movie will be released by Dutch FilmWorks in The Netherlands.

momentum_ver2.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I so want to see that! :D
  • M_Balje wrote: »

New Trailer from Momentum, with Olga Kurylenko, James Purefoy & Morgan Freeman.

A drive is stolen.. (But this time we know where it is...)

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2601235225?ref_=tt_pv_vi_aiv_1

Quote: I spend years hide in the darkness, now it is time to coming to the light...

Because movie is delayd, so there is no new release date yet other then 20 November 2015 from Uk and limited release in USA on 16 October 2015. But like November Man and that other Brosnan movie No Escape (29 October in Dutch cinema's) the movie will be released by Dutch FilmWorks in The Netherlands.

momentum_ver2.jpg

How could I....miss this film :-O @M_Balje ?? Well, this is indeed a action-spy-film.......looks a bit like "Salt"
    edited October 2015 Posts: 15,423
    Finally, I've come around to lend an eye on Hitman: Agent 47. Those, in the reception department, who claim that this was a better film than Oliphant's have no idea what Hitman was about. In fact, the whole film shared very little in common with the source material, almost nothing but the superficial concepts like 47's appearance and some 'elements' that can be overlooked.

In fact, 2007's Hitman was more truthful to the game franchise than this one. It was about an assassin who played hide and seek, with only one over-the-top (almost) action sequence occurring in the whole film, and that was the scene in the nightclub where 47 posed as some arms dealer. No spoiler tags needed because I'm talking about an eight year old film.

In the new one, well, that's where I won't unveil too much, it was all about action, OTT and rewritten history regarding 47. It's revealed in the trailer that both 47 and Katya (the lead girl) are originated from scientific experiments as opposed to the first film's idea of abducting orphans from early age and turning them into bald headed assassins with barcodes. No one of them got it right. But, the new one just drifted away as much as it can. The Hitman series, while having elements in its stories that could be classed as larger than life, it relied on realistic physics. The first film almost went similarly on the note. This one, though, inserted some gunkata (or gunfu, originated from Equilibrium) into the mix, run and gun every five minutes per se, John Woo slow motion and so on... Felt like a film that should have been made 15 years ago... and unrelated to Hitman.

That said, I did find the film entertaining in its own measure, as a separate motion picture. If you are wanting to kill time without having to give much thought into it, then Hitman: Agent 47 is for you.

But... Timothy Oliphant was the better Agent 47 by far, like it or not.
    Has anyone seen this lovely spy film ;-)? You can see it in full here. I like it much more than those over-the-top "Derek Flint" and "Matt Helm" spoofs. Here's the link to the full film:

I have! And I believe @MajorDSmythe did, too. Great film! And by far better than anything Flint and Helm offered. No competition.
    I have! And I believe @MajorDSmythe did, too. Great film! And by far better than anything Flint and Helm offered. No competition.

I loved the chess game! :-)