Things We've Learned from…..Spectre

Comments

• 65 There is something about dwarves and gold.

That's #66. @ThomasCrown had #65. Please number your entries gents.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I thought he was just making comment as usual.
  • I thought he was just making comment as usual.

Touche. I just assumed because he's a relatively new member maybe he forgot.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    I forgot:(
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    @Kerim, your numbering is off.

Mine was on. You jumped the gun :)

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Kerim wrote: »
    @Kerim, your numbering is off.

Mine was on. You jumped the gun :)

Seven whole minutes before you.
    I had a lot to type.

"Roger Moore CAN act".

Isn't that a double-negative?
    Dude, chill out, it's just a Bond thread.
    @doubleohdad, for heaven's sake and Bond's sake and our members' sake, please stop derailing practically every thread with your hatred of Moore's Bond and your insistence on "give me one example" and arguing here in this thread, which is a fun list.

There are threads where you can discuss and debate Moore to your heart's content (although your "polite" debate is really usually just bashing). Please stop clogging up so many threads and derailing them.

Please stop your triple/quadruple posts also. Just edit your previous post.

Yeah, with all good respect my good fellow, I'm being polite here presenting my points, and if you don't like the way I accuse Sir Roge of not being a very good Bond, which is solely my opinion, you can simply ignore my posts. Or you can debate me on the topic if you'd like, since you think I'm wrong. Up to you, again with all respect.

I sure wish Scaramanga had put a round into that miserable sheriff with the Golden Gun, which was lethal in the Goldeneye videogame back in the day.
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,778

"Roger Moore CAN act".

I am calm. I very politely asked you to stop taking us off topic. I even provided you with a link to continue your ranting. But you seem determined to ignore both my requests and the requests of previous posters to stay on the topic at hand. This thread was stared for board members to show off their sense of humor and wit and poke a little fun at the Bond films not critique Roger Moore's entire tenure. This is the last I'll speak of this as I'm clearly encouraging you.
    Some of you should mention the exterior train stuff in OP, if I'm remembering correctly, though when you cut to Moore on top of the train, he looks like he's just flopping around up there. The stunt stuff was kinda impressive. It's just more fun when you can actually put the actor into scenes like that.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    #67: When in Thailand, look out for the cotton picking schnozzes of looting elephants.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    IFM if the spamming gets worse.

"Roger Moore CAN act".

I am calm. I very politely asked you to stop taking us off topic. I even provided you with a link to continue your ranting. But you see determined to ignore both my requests and the requests of previous posters to stay on the topic at hand. This thread was stared for board members to show off their sense of humor and wit and poke a little fun at the Bond films not critique Roger Moore's entire tenure. This is the last I'll speak of this as I'm clearly encouraging you.

Your post is ironic since I am showing off my sense of humor and wit and simply stating my thoughts. Sounds like you object to my opinion, not my steering from topic. And I am far from ranting, I'm backing up my thoughts with polite fact. As far as MWTGG is concerned:

68) Somehow Bond manages to change his clothes and location in seconds! Amazing!

• That Bond will have no limits to how low hell stoop in terms of women! (The belly dancer)
    The point of this thread isn't to debate Roger Moore's validity in fight scenes, etc. It's clearly to have fun by sharing funny things you have picked up from the films. Please, please, please stop feeding the trolls.
  • SarkSark Guangdong, PRC
    That Bond will have no limits to how low hell stoop in terms of women! (The belly dancer)

Do you mean low literally since he was on his knees?
    Scaramanga makes a million per hit, but clearly can't afford to hire more people to work his solar plant
    Scaramanga makes a million per hit, but clearly can't afford to hire more people to work his solar plant

LOL!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Some of you should mention the exterior train stuff in OP, if I'm remembering correctly, though when you cut to Moore on top of the train, he looks like he's just flopping around up there. The stunt stuff was kinda impressive. It's just more fun when you can actually put the actor into scenes like that.
    You have been asked to stop derailing this thread. Either stick to the spirit of the thread or leave it. Last warning.
    69 or whatever number we're on. TMWTGG seems to bring out the worst in people.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    73 Bond does not cry over spilt liquor. He bats it instead.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    74 was a cool year.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    75. Lulu can be as subtle as Shirley Bassey when belting out a song (though she does come across more like Ethel Merman, as she herself has compared her rendition to).
    76. Chew mi doesn't bother with bathing suits
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    76. Chew mi doesn't bother with bathing suits
    AHHH, 70's skin. Ya gotta love it! And only PG!
    =D>
  • edited January 2015 Posts: 1,778
    Happy New Year everyone!

@Thomas Crown76's comment was was actually #74. Which is an appropriate number to leave TMWTGG on. TMWTGG is our new leader with it's score of 74 far surpassing Thunderball's 53. I guess we learned alot.

Now lets ring in the new year right with,
    Things We've Learned from…..The Spy Who Loved Me.

1) A producer being forced out of power, a writer's strike, turmoil at the studio, and a poor critical and financial performance for the last film would be enough to end most film franchises. Bond isn't most film franchises.

2) Apparently General Gogol's office is located in Count Dracula's castle.

3) Michael Billington has a carpet on his chest.

4) When escaping your Russian pursuers and killing their team leader simply isn't enough, add insult to injury by utilizing a Union Jack parachute to rub it in their commi faces.

5) Despite being a Russian agent, Anya Amosava doesn't have a Russian accent.

6) Roger Moore looks damn professional in a naval uniform.

7) You can take orders and "obey" a man who on the visible evidence (in this film) does not say a word. Jaws must be an ace at charades.

8) One kiss from Bond can force a woman to re-evaluate her life and turn against her powerful bosses in favor of a man she just met.

9) As also seen in LALD, when Bond cannot rely on his trusty PPK he will pull out all the stops and execute the "Moore Maneuver" with deadly precision.

10) Rather than getting an exact time and place, all Bond needs to hear is "Pyramids" to get a fix on Fekkish.

11) Evidently Jaws is Batman.

12) Hulking 7'2 telephone repairmen are commonplace in Egypt.

13) Bond and Amasova will carry on a conversation in a normal tone of voice only inches away from Jaws in the back of a van and assume he can't hear them.

14) A seemingly superhuman man tearing apart a car with his bare hands is no reason for concern if you're Bond.

15) Sharing a helicopter ride with the woman who's sworn to kill you for mudering her lover can lead to awkward silence.

16) Ken Adam….I salute you.

17) Bond slowly riding a circular camera warrants he Bond theme on full blast.

18) Bond can get a woman to forget about the fact that he murdered the man she loved by flashing her a smile and a few witty lines.

19) Upon being discovered making love by a group of your prestigious superiors, simply throw out a one-liner, pull down the curtains, and continue going about your business.

20) James Bond will return in For Your Eyes Only

And just for fun.

21. Some sailors haven't seen a woman take a shower before
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    22. Major can often be a substitute term for Woman.
    21) A great stun t can overshadow the first screen appearance of a winter sport (acrobatic skiing, if I'm not mistaken)

22) Being head of the KGB has some remarkable perks (right, miss Rubelvitch ?)

23) The book might have been banned in the USSR, but not the music of the movie, apparently (Doctor Zhivago)

24) Lewis Gilbert loves David Lean and Maurice Jarre.

25) Stromberg has a great dental plan (although the dentist is a bit rough)

26) MI 6 doesn't care if the head of the KGB visits one of their secret installations.

27) They also don't care that a KGB agent knows the name of their Quartermaster.

28) Bond is right about Naomi : great lines, and what a chassis.