Things We've Learned from…..Spectre

1252627282931»

Comments

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    46) Unfortunately, Craig doesn't want to be Bond anymore.
    Things I learned watching CR '67 (well, someone has to do it) :

1) Never has the expressions "Too many cooks spoil the dish", and "Two captains -or more- on the same ship, you sink it" been more true.
    2) Sorry, Mr. Belmondo, but "Merde" doesn't translate as "Ouch". He was probably using a bowdlerized lexicon.
    3) "The Look of Love" should have won that Oscar.
    4) American paratroopers should change their war cry. The joke is too obvious (and done better in "Aladdin and the King of Thieves").
    5) Whatever you do, don't watch the movie in french. You'll escape the voice of Mireille Matthieu that way.
    6) The chase between Evelyn Tremble and Le Chiffre here is even shorter than the one in CR '06. In fact, it's non-existent.
    7) Smersh is consistant with where they get their milk (see TLD to see what I mean).
    8) Deborah Kerr looks like she had a lot of fun doing this movie.
    9) Mata Bond, the daughter of Moneypenny ? I want some of that youth fountain.
    10) The spy school got the same designer as "The Cabinet of Doctor Caligari".
    11) I'd hate to pay the bill for that taxi ride from London to Berlin.

More later.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Daniel Craig can play James Bond after all.
    We also have a new movie so while there will be spoilers here we go
    And again SPOILER ALERT

things I learned from No time to die
    Behind the scenes knowledge
    1. The producers didn't really look through the Fleming titles as The Garden of Death would of been he perfect title so would All the time in the world!
    2. Getting a director and writing scripts is hard

from the film\
    1. If you wear a white mask you instantly have powers of transportation and healing
    2. Madeline swan played with tomagachi?
    3. Mr. White's wife is drunk and pissed
    4. if your the daughter of an assassin you are a good shot
    5. So Safrin saved Madeline Swann's life because why Again?
    6. I always flash back to traumatic events when swimming.
    7. Bond is going to visit Vesper's grave just like in .. On her majesties secret service
    8. So bond can survive explosions right next to him with minimal long term effects ok...
    9. the bridge jump scene is amazing no joke here just DAM
    10. same with the motorcycle stunt\
    11. so is Swann evil.. yes no maybe so...
    12. jeez Bond is suicidal in this one
    13. Billie Eilish is singing a depressing song Bond was suicidal in the PTS and we have an OHMSS call back ... I'm sensing a pattern
    14. the Scientist is a hold over from Moonraker right? like somehow they have unused footage from Moonraker and it's inserted in my gritty Craig bond film
    15. 5 years late Bond has just been in Jamaica doing what exactly?
    16. How did the CIA know where he was but not MI6
    17. wow Bond is going to sleep with the new 007... oh wait never mind
    18. so is M a villain?
    19. the villains are really really stupid in this one
    20. Cool Bond is going to sleep with Paloma... oh wait never mind
    21. So does everyone know Bond's exact measurements?
    22. so all of Spectre is gone?
    23. so all the 30 something characters are whiny and annoying.. glad they think so highly of people around my age.
    24. I like the coin game I don't get it but I like it
    25. oh good the scientist is back with more buffoonery
    26. is the CIA bad again?
    27. Leiter can't pick partners very well can he
    28. so Leiter is Dead
    29. oh how cute they are driving home the 007 thing that hasn't gotten annoying after the 8th time they make the "it's just a number" joke
    30. So Q and Moneypenny are going to help bond because... why again
    31. and Bond's new 00 number is?
    32. So psychiatrists don't screen their patients at all
    33. How does Safin know she has a daughter but mi6 doesn't
    34. So M who was against drones is for chemical warfare because reasons?
    35. And Noomi doesn't ask about Madeline's new Fragrance Death to Blofeld
    36. Bond Kills Blofeld in the least exciting way
    37. Oh bond is going to finally sleep with someone Madeline Swann... oh wait NEVER MIND
    38. So why does Mr. White like secret rooms
    39. Why Does Madeline lie
    40. So Bond is feeding his kid an apple thrilling
    41. Nice call back to for your eyes only
    42. Swann at 16 expert shot and knows how many bullets are left at 30 well i guess you loose skills
    43. Ok so Bond is 007 again ... and what is Noomi's 00's number?
    44. Where did Safin get all his henchmen?
    45. So the climax is in the Garden of Death and no Fleming title matches this film really EON are you freaking kidding me
    46. oh they are doing You only live twice the novel ... so Bond will "die"
    47. why are so many countries trying to get heracleas
    48. So bond survives explosions in the pts but not at the end sure
    49. I hate to sound like a grumpy old man but I am pretty sure the kid's next line would be "no thanks mom I want to watch dora the explorer"
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2021 Posts: 4,442
    50. That a young child can be cute
    51. Asking for Leiter is deadly
    52. You at a girl on train and you wil see her back
    53. Looking to Fireworks without protection is dangerious
    54. How to use webcam so to that you can stil be in contact with your co workers whyle you be in quarantaine and 55. That don't make a difrence if your ''brother'' infect you.
  • Risico007 wrote: »
    49. I hate to sound like a grumpy old man but I am pretty sure the kid's next line would be "no thanks mom I want to watch dora the explorer"

"No thanks, mom, I want to watch Dora the Explorer" would certainly have been a very different way to end Craig's run.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    “I want to tell you the story of Bond, James Bond.

Chapter one: he comes to find me in my office to tell me your grandfather ate a fucking gun…

Then I get kidnapped by a man who gouges out peoples eyeballs with his thumbs.

Chapter two: sex and violence on a train…”
  • Perhaps she should have said, "Let me tell you about a man named Bond...James Bond...when you're 13."
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Risico007 wrote: »

"No thanks, mom, I want to watch Dora the Explorer" would certainly have been a very different way to end Craig's run.

"Very hard to know what to say, but I thought we should gather and remember. And I… I thought this was appropriate.

'We did it!'

To Dora. To Dora. To Dora.

To Dora.

Alright. Back to work."
  • mattjoes wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »

"Very hard to know what to say, but I thought we should gather and remember. And I… I thought this was appropriate.

'We did it!'

To Dora. To Dora. To Dora.

To Dora.

Alright. Back to work."

:)) M always did have a way with words.

Chapter one: he comes to find me in my office to tell me your grandfather ate a fucking gun…

To be fair, it was violence, then sex.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Gerard wrote: »

To be fair, it was violence, then sex.

Very true.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

I needed that laugh 😄
    My turn :

56. Apparently, in Italy, you can take a train without a ticket.
    57. All right, raise your hand if you put a mode AM DB5 in an aquarium because of that shot in the title scene.
    58. Apparently, Dr. No and MI6 get the same supplier for their anti-radiation/bilogical danger suits.
    59. Like Drax, Madeleine knows her Oscar Wilde.
    60. Funny, I would have thought she would be more of a Proust girl.
    61. Let's see : Egyptian cats (I think, I may own a cat, or rather my cat owns me, but I'm not an expert) preuvian music, chinsese cooking, french wine : Q is a man of varied, and cosmopolitan tastes.