Things We've Learned from…..Spectre

Comments

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    AstonLotus wrote: »
    I still think Another Way To Die is the worst song of the series.DADs song isnt exactly good but AWTD is just a mess sounding like random noises thrown together including a cat walking on piano keys.
    Exactly my feelings about AWTD.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    59. rather then telling Bond she's been hit, M prefers to just lag behind, helping Silva obtaining his goal of her demise.
    60. M thinks all policemen should recognise her car. You'd rather expect her, as head of an intelligence organisation, to prefer not to be recognised.
    61. Q thinks getting to know the agents of his organisation and equipping them is best done in a public area with a nice view.
    62. you can see the mental state of Bond by checking his beard.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    63 Bond is gay.
    64) Well he was in the Royal Navy (Rum, Sodomy and the Lash, as Winston Churchill put it).

65) Sometimes, the old ways are better.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited May 2015 Posts: 2,629
    66. Javier Bardim gives awesome thigh massages.
    67. Never take the tube that runs underneath the Parliament.
    68. Istanbul is a safe bet to do a Bond film.
    69. Judy Dench can still mother Bond as a ghost.
    70. Homages can be more subtle.
    71. I actually wouldn't mind having that porcelain bulldog.
    72. Dan's D**k of Death streak continues. That lady who was momentarily on screen was kidnapped by Galatasaray hooligans after the tryst. She was then tortured, drowned, covered in oil then was tied to a rock and then shot.
    73. You should be honored when Kincaide calls you a jumped up little sh*t.
    74. Great MTS songs can still be done.
    75. Despite being rusty from his sabbatical, Bond is still in better shape than I am.
    76. It was time to retire the Aston Martin DB5.
    77) Evidently giving Javier Bardem a ridiculous looking hairdo in a villainous role has become a behind the scenes running joke in Hollywood.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    78) If the presumed-dead son of the owner of the house you maintain comes back after many years in a classic car, make sure to ask no questions of how he survived, who the lady is or why there is a private army trying to kill him.

79) Scottish people have a strange welcoming ritual.
    80 Buying art on the black market can be a bad idea.
    81) I anybody could doubt it, the scorpion is proof that Craig's three Bond movies are a reboot.
    Gerard wrote: »
    81) I anybody could doubt it, the scorpion is proof that Craig's three Bond movies are a reboot.

82 Alcohol makes you stupid.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Gerard wrote: »

82 Alcohol makes you stupid.

speak for yourself. I find it highly logical what he doesss...
    *hips*
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    83. Perhaps David Arnold wasn't so bad after all.
    Murdock wrote: »

84. Arnold had his shot and did nothing new or original but drum 's bass Barry music.

85. Craig was due to copyright protection not to say the one-liner "I'll be back", which is a good thing as nobody does it better than Schwarzenegger.

86. baddies do change from great to a paranormal OTT crazy fool with paranormal tendencies. Too bad he did not see that 007 is just not his lucky number. Should have killed M the first chance he had while Bond was recuperating.

87. The English protection units of MI6 are worth nothing as a recovering and out of shape person can get by them easily to enter their bosses house. The fact that it took so much effort on Silva's behalf to kill M shows what a poor baddie he was.

88. Aston Martins in a 007 movie are always cool, they should invent cinema chairs that would remove complainers in the same style as the AM can do.
    89. Bond better watch his back as Hannibal Lecter just might take a bite out of it due to nicking his prison.

90. Gollem, Frodo & Bilbo all did it better than Silva, but then again they had the ring and not a set of falsies.
    91. Tanner will sit and do nothing while Silva is on his way to Kill his boss
    92. M will read poetry in spite of her life being in danger
    93. Ralph Fiennes is Awesome
    94. Fire Extinguishers will ruin plans
    95. M was always a terrible shot yet somehow became head of the secret service
    96. M's first name is Emma

This might alittle off-topic but I never understood the hate for Newman. If I had one complaint it'd be that he was too similar to Arnold. Had I went into Skyfall blind and missed Newman's name in the credits I would've just assumed it was another David Arnold score.

This might alittle off-topic but I never understood the hate for Newman. If I had one complaint it'd be that he was too similar to Arnold. Had I went into Skyfall blind and missed Newman's name in the credits I would've just assumed it was another David Arnold score.

I didn't think Newman was so great. Half is score is okay but the rest sounded out of place. It wasn't memorable enough in my opinion. I don't hate Newman but his score was just kinda generic to me.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2015 Posts: 4,447
    97. Quantum turn of tap of water in some parts of England with no water ballet at the metro scene and Tanner at his beer on his work.
    98. Rival Spy movies think Bond is too serious following Skyfall's release.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 1,778
    99) Bond and MI6 apparently got bored with trying to take down Quantum and put it on the bottom of their "to do" pile for over 5 years.

100) M thought the alcoholic, severely injured, and burnt out 007 who hasn't done anything except play scorpion-related drinking games for the past 3 months would be MI6's best chance for success. I'm not sure if that speaks highly of Bond or very very lowly for the rest of the 00 section. Than again Moneypenny somehow got promoted to field agent so maybe M was right on the money.

101) Bond doesn't buy into metaphors.

102) One can continue to retain employment as the gamekeeper of an estate several decades after the owners perished.
    edited May 2015 Posts: 45,489
    [quote="SaintMark;453605"

88. Aston Martins in a 007 movie are always cool, they should invent cinema chairs that would remove complainers in the same style as the AM can do.[/quote]

Haha! Good idea.
    103) All double O agents besides Bond are apparently on leave during the events of this film.

104) Drinking Heinekin while on the job at MI6 is ok.

105) After being shot with a depleted uranium bullet, it is perfectly plausible to check your cuffs.

106) Bond can survive drowning without any explanation whatsoever.

107) Critics will call a Bond movie the best in the series as long as its released on the franchises 50th anniversary year.

108) Train drivers will not bother to stop the train they are driving if one of the carriages gets mangled by an onboard bulldozer.

109) You can get your Boss killed and be immediately given another assignment when you are a double O agent for MI6.

• RC7RC7
    110) Rehashing villainous plots from other movies doesn't stop people calling your film a masterpiece.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2015 Posts: 4,447
    111) That the wrong person taka look to grave of Bond his parents. It should have been Bond him self not Silva. Mabey if Bond find his soul, new M or Eve can make alternate stone the visitting together mixed up with a vist to the old M her grave.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @AstonLotus, I've let it be known many times that I'm not the biggest fan of SF, but for #106, I will say that we see the mysterious woman's hand pull Bond out of the water. I believe she's part of the title credits, before the hand turns huge and we get Adele's song really kicking in. But yes, I always thought it was insinuated that she dragged him out of the water.
  • RC7RC7
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @AstonLotus, I've let it be known many times that I'm not the biggest fan of SF, but for #106, I will say that we see the mysterious woman's hand pull Bond out of the water. I believe she's part of the title credits, before the hand turns huge and we get Adele's song really kicking in. But yes, I always thought it was insinuated that she dragged him out of the water.

Well the hand appears to drag him down. It's all a bit ambiguous, as it is in other parts.

This doesn't make much sense to be honest... Firstly, Bond was not on a job at the moment he drank Heineken. Secondly, why would it be such a crime to have a drink ones in a while? Assignments have certainly not stopped Bond from Heavy drinking in the past... I am not sure what your point is?
  • RC7RC7
    jobo wrote: »

This doesn't make much sense to be honest... Firstly, Bond was not on a job at the moment he drank Heineken. Secondly, why would it be such a crime to have a drink ones in a while? Assignments have certainly not stopped Bond from Heavy drinking in the past... I am not sure what your point is?

He means Tanner, while at MI6, not Bond.
    RC7 wrote: »

Tanner had a long and stressful day. I think we can forgive him for one brew on the company's time.
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »

Tanner had a long and stressful day. I think we can forgive him for one brew on the company's time.

I don't think @AstonLotus is criticising it. We've all done drinks after 6, I assume?