Things We've Learned from…..Spectre

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    86 Elvis is not exactly Red Grant. Spectre have clearly lost it.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    87) The British Goverment buys expensive villa's for people if they falsly accuse them.
    88) Qantum should really find better places to meet.
    89) The luck that when you steal a tuxedo its from a guy who is the same build and size as you to gaurentee a perfect fit.
    90) The Ford KA is an ungly car.
    91) Despite it being discovered Qantum have men everywhere even within special branch Bond still manages to take out 4 of them in a lift while M is in a foreign country with no bodygaurd.
    92) If your credit card is declined from purchasing an airline ticket, you can take a free luxury boat ride to the Italian lakes instead.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 5,808
    93) Oil is not as sexy as gold. Which leads to :

94) Shirley was luckier than Gemma.

95) Americans are so obsessed by oil that they forget that water is more important.

96) If "Another Way to Die" is not the worst Bond song ever, it's at least in the first three worst.

97) Medrano may have gotten his name from a circus.
    98) Bond needs to look harder for the stationary.
    99) The CR theme continues in the sense that Bond likes to throw keys
    100) You can put out an aeroplance enginee fire by flying it vertically stright up.
    101) You can disengage you parachutte only 10 metres from the ground and live.
    102) Bond does'nt have any friends
    103) Tosca isn't for everyone.
    104) Members of consulate can make arrests.

Which you can.
    105). If your a friend of Bond's and you die he will put you in a bin.
    105). If your a friend of Bond's and you die he will put you in a bin.

106 He will not even sort the rubbish.How working class!

I did mention that one. The bad editing failed to convey that Bond and Camille went through a natural chimney underground, which added a few meters to the fall, and made them seem as invulnerable as Superman

I also posted that one.

107) A little black dress makes a woman looks classy in any place, including the Bolivian desert.

108 Bolivian generals are generally rapists.
    109. Plain, simple location cards are below Marc Forster.
    110 The Danish Actor Association has people everywhere.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 1,778
    87) The British Goverment buys expensive villa's for people if they falsly accuse them.
    88) Qantum should really find better places to meet.
    89) The luck that when you steal a tuxedo its from a guy who is the same build and size as you to gaurentee a perfect fit.
    90) The Ford KA is an ungly car.
    91) Despite it being discovered Qantum have men everywhere even within special branch Bond still manages to take out 4 of them in a lift while M is in a foreign country with no bodygaurd.
    92) If your credit card is declined from purchasing an airline ticket, you can take a free luxury boat ride to the Italian lakes instead.

Sorry if I'm being annoying with this but I posted the same thing almost verbatim.
    Gerard wrote: »

I did mention that one. The bad editing failed to convey that Bond and Camille went through a natural chimney underground, which added a few meters to the fall, and made them seem as invulnerable as Superman

I also posted that one.

107) A little black dress makes a woman looks classy in any place, including the Bolivian desert.

Lets try not to post eachother's points gents. We're up to #108. #109 will be the next one.
    109. If bickering about the gun barrel wasn't enough, a considerable amount of Bond fans can apparently worry and complain about such a simple, trivial matter as location cards...
    jobo wrote: »
    109. If bickering about the gun barrel wasn't enough, a considerable amount of Bond fans can apparently worry and complain about such a simple, trivial matter as location cards...

Amen. I never understood how this was a problem.
    The location cards were classy, Thunderfinger approves of them.
    110) Come 2015, Camille will still be the only Bond girl to have survived during DC's reign.
    111) Bond won't disagree with M when she claims he shot a man and threw him off a roof, despite the fact he didn't shoot him.
    112) M likes talking about trust.
    113) M changes her mind from ''it's time to go'' to.... ''he's my agent and I trust him'' within the space of a minute.
    114) In one of the world's poorest countries where crime is a major problem, locals who own a car leave the door open and the keys in the ignition.
    115) It would have saved time and moaning if Bond said Dominic Greene was from 'Greene Planet' when he was doing the namecheck search with Tanner/M over the phone. After all, he had Greene Planet splashed on his phone from when Elvis called his phone.
    116) Not only is the entire film too short but so was the interrogation scene with Mr White which could have been fantastic. He was underused.
    117) Policeman (Italian and Bolivian) don't survive in Bond films like they used to. Before you'd always see them escape/survive.
    118) Regret is unprofessional.
    119) Before she became a NYPD detective, Ms. Kate Beckett-Castle was a secret agent working for the Canadian Secret Service.

120) More surprising : Canada has a Secret Service.

121) An Italian with a French name working for MI 6 ? Will wonders never cease ?
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    122) Matt Damon whas to expensive to play Beam
    My apologies gents. Was on the bus home when posting missed your posts.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    123. Mr Greene and Mr White show us that randomly picking names from a Clue board can work.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    edited April 2015 Posts: 7,314

It does make you wonder about what kind of information Yusef was trying to extract from her.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    The formula for strange brew
    pachazo wrote: »

It does make you wonder about what kind of information Yusef was trying to extract from her.

I can suspend my disbelief far enough to buy two people opening a single parachute 30 maybe 40 feet above the ground and not becoming a smear on the floor but a super secret and immensely powerful criminal organization like Quantum using it's considerable resources to make the infiltration of Canada (of all places) and its government a top priority is where I draw the line.

Maybe Quantum wasn't such a big threat afterall.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Dammit people, don't you realize our pancakes are threatened by the leaking of this intelligence? In Bolivia, it was water; everywhere else, maple syrup is in danger!
    Dammit people, don't you realize our pancakes are threatened by the leaking of this intelligence? In Bolivia, it was water; everywhere else, maple syrup is in danger!

Canada has obtained the secret receipt to Colonal Sander's KFC fried chicken. Quantum is trying to extort them so they too can get in on that finger licking good money train and cripple the American economy by taking away our most precious resource.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2015 Posts: 28,694
    124) When a good friend of yours dies in front of you during a tragic shooting, the best place to lay them to rest is inside a Bolivian rubbish bin in the seediest part of town. Prove you're a real friend by treating yourself to what money is left in their wallet. They won't be using it, right? Right?

125) In the event that your organization and your plans are exposed by a third party, the best course of action is to evacuate the premises right in front of the said individual/s, giving them a chance to photograph and document your identities for their later use and your eventual downfall.

126) Bond's grip is so powerful that he can yank the door knob off a ritzy bathroom in one pull. I'd hate to see what he's like when constipated.

127) While trying to prove to your boss that you are over the woman who betrayed you and your employers, the best course of action is to steal a photo of her from said boss's top secret file. Brownie points if you spend the next few weeks afterwards whining about her and her cruelty to all of your friends.

"And that's when she locked herself in a rusty old elevator and refused to talk to me as the water began to rise around us. Women, and I right guys? Guys?"

128) When staging a secret meeting between members of your organization, always pick a highly populated location full of people who you don't want to be privy to your plans. Bonus points if the location you pick is a venue hosting a pretentious opera.

129) Pro design tip: Simply handing people things for your organization's secret get-together is far too covert and boring: if you wish to provide your agents with gadgets or devices for meetings, like earpieces, the best solution is to give it to them in fancy gift bags. Sure, these gift bags may accidentally be passed off to those outside the organization, but probability is stacked in your favor that such a thing won't come to pass. Besides, the gift bags can then be used by your members for fun gift wrapping opportunities when birthday celebrations or the Christmas season arrives!

130) Occupational success tip: If wet work is your business and you are eager to impress your boss, wait for an important mission to come across your desk, accept it and make sure you kill every single important lead along the way while carrying out the operation. Some may hate you for it, but you'll achieve lovable rogue status and prompt interesting work discussions around the water cooler.
    Unbelievable. Forget all this Blofeld gossip, the real head of SPECTRE is Aunt Jemima! Property of a lady indeed!
    124) When a good friend of yours dies in front of you during a tragic shooting, the best place to lay them to rest is inside a Bolivian rubbish bin in the seediest part of town. Prove you're a real friend by treating yourself to what money is left in their wallet. They won't be using it, right? Right?

Seriously guys! Do we read each others posts at all? I think this point has been mentioned three or four times by now...

Ill continue on 130...

130. This thread is apparently pointless, as nobody reads what you write here anyway... ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @jobo, in case you haven't noticed, this thread is frivolous and meant for play. I don't know why you're taking it so earnestly or why you are blowing things out of proportion.

Forgive me for not wanting to go through back pages and a 100 other comments to make sure I didn't repeat what'd already been mentioned. I apologize for jumping right in and wanting to have fun like others were. It won't happen again.
    @jobo, in case you haven't noticed, this thread is frivolous and meant for play. I don't know why you're taking it so earnestly or why you are blowing things out of proportion.

Forgive me for not wanting to go through back pages and a 100 other comments to make sure I didn't repeat what'd already been mentioned. I apologize for jumping right in and wanting to have fun like others were. It won't happen again.

I agree i get put off posting, this is beacuse we are numbering them, but for what?. Can't people just post without the post police giving people a hard time for duplicates. We are all busy people who don't have time to read all 27 pages before posting each time. Yeah give people some stick for duplicating posts but in jest.

I said we end the numbering system its just bonkers.
    @0BradyM0Bonfanatic7

"Blowing things out of proportion"? :))

My comment was pretty playful actually... It's just a bit boring when the some point is being repeated endlessly...

Please feel free to repeat people over again, but don't "blow things out of proportion" if someone corrects you... ;)