No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    I thought we were already told by that Instagram conversation that it should be happening towards the end of the month?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I'm good with no press conference and no title.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Interesting tweets concerning comments from the the MGM COO

Once again, it seems pertinent to stress that the Easter 2020 slot is by far the most lucrative release date a Bond film has had in years. If the films works, it could make a lot of money.
    But we already know production commenced from all the Norway news. Perhaps they just didn’t want to formally announce anything yet is why they say production is commencing “soon.”
    Avengers Endgame will dominate conversations days before its release.

Of course, but it’s going into overdrive once everyone can see it.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Once again, it seems pertinent to stress that the Easter 2020 slot is by far the most lucrative release date a Bond film has had in years. If the films works, it could make a lot of money.
    -- yes, @Pierce2Daniel, I'd agree (see, man!...)
    But we already know production commenced from all the Norway news. Perhaps they just didn’t want to formally announce anything yet is why they say production is commencing “soon.”
    -- yes, also correct. CF was out in Norway, over-seeing this shoot. So was, at least, Gregg Wilson, one of the main producers.

Last week I heard about the early part of the week being stunt-prep for DC.

In the latter part of the week, it sounded like more shooting was done at PWS.

I quickly skimmed across the info from TSC, but I can't see a date that this conference happened on? That's an important bit of info-- when did this call take place? Because, as we know, CF has started shooting (in some capacity)...

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I just wish we could be provided with something concrete. A date perhaps? Something for us to look for. I’m so sick of everything being so vague. All we ever hear is “soon,” or “later,” or “not yet.” Please, EON!
  • 007Blofeld wrote: »

Nice find! Looking forward to see what the next few weeks will bring.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 2,115
    //I quickly skimmed across the info from TSC, but I can't see a date that this conference happened on? That's an important bit of info-- when did this call take place? Because, as we know, CF has started shooting (in some capacity)...//

April 10. At least that's when the recording of the investor call was on the MGM site. I looked on April 9 and it wasn't there. Perhaps it was posted late on April 9.

In any event, if you want to listen to the call itself (it runs 51 minutes), go here:

https://www.mgm.com/#/about/investor-relations

click on "conference calls." You'll get icons for the four quarterly calls for 2018 results.

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Linus Sandgren was also in Italy yesterday.

We can also see him here, in the full photo.

micEfvp.jpg
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    //I quickly skimmed across the info from TSC, but I can't see a date that this conference happened on? That's an important bit of info-- when did this call take place? Because, as we know, CF has started shooting (in some capacity)...//

April 10. At least that's when the recording of the investor call was on the MGM site. I looked on April 9 and it wasn't there. Perhaps it was posted late on April 9.

In any event, if you want to listen to the call itself (it runs 51 minutes), go here:

click on "conference calls." You'll get icons for the four quarterly calls for 2018 results.

What does TSC stand for? @AlexanderWaverly
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    Univex wrote: »
    Judging by the “late April” info that we have, it’s pure speculation.

Yep, and the 25th happens to be a holiday where @marketto007 and I are ;) Assuming @marketto007 is where I think he is, of course ;) BTW, cheers mate, hope everything's going well.

“Cá estou”. ;)

Count me in for holiday on 25th
    Locals are not very happy after the the production shot scenes at Lutvann…
    https://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/frykter-badesesongen-er-odelagt-etter-filminnspilling/70967825

An estimated 200 000 kroner is required to repairing the area back to it’s original condition.
  • 007Blofeld wrote: »

What does TSC stand for? @AlexanderWaverly

I think it stands for The Spy Command. That wasn't my abbreviation.
    Meanwhile...Rami Malek was in Paris last night at a Cartier event. That's only a short Eurostar journey to St Pancreas.

12133844-6910731-image-a-57_1554968241174.jpg

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Meanwhile...Rami Malek was in Paris last night at a Cartier event. That's only a short Eurostar journey to St Pancreas.

I think so Brain ... if it was only a three hour tour why did they bring all their clothes and money?
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    JET007 wrote: »
    Avengers Endgame will dominate conversations days before its release.

Of course, but it’s going into overdrive once everyone can see it.

April-May 2019 will reach geek culture overdose. There's the new Avengers film but also the Game of Thrones final season. These two things are assured to saturate coverage for weeks. Most of the pop culture websites are indeed already publishing daily pieces about the "greatest moments" of both the MCU and GoT. Add to this the likely reveal of the Star Wars IX title and teaser, and it will be a crowded field.
    @Pierce2Daniel So the reason they haven't held the presser yet is NOT that Malek is too busy.
    Risico007 wrote: »

I think so Brain ... if it was only a three hour tour why did they bring all their clothes and money?

Please elaborate!
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3,497
    @Pierce2Daniel So the reason they haven't held the presser yet is NOT that Malek is too busy.

It sheems that the movie will shuck very hard now.

JamesCraig wrote: »

"People who think not everything is going 100% perfectly believe Bond 25 will be the worst piece of art in the history of mankind!!"

Oh God.... @JamesCraig has gone all 'Connery' again....get the medication !!

I think they haven’t held the press conference yet because they haven’t started filming!

I don’t know if that is because of Malek’s schedule or the script still being worked on (or any other myriad of issues).

It’s a tradition of the series to do a press conference to launch the start of filming. Though in the post-Comic Con and Star Wars world where fan interaction is so key at big unveiling events. You have to wonder what the benefit of an austere press conference at cold and rainy Pinewood Studios truly is….

Could Eon invite fans to the event so there is some genuine enthusasim in the room – opposed to modest spattering of applause from bored journalists?

Personally, if Eon were to enhance their current model. I’d just start filming and perhaps release a short press statement explaining this. Then wait till you’re in Jamaica and invite the press for the big title revelation with the full cast.
    barryt007 wrote: »

Oh God.... @JamesCraig has gone all 'Connery' again....get the medication !!

;-)

So you're going aftah me.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »

Please elaborate!

Just a joke nothing more
    Press conference... next Wednesday or Thursday.

My prediction.

My prediction.

I see the Spectre on your shoulder... the Spectre of defeat that your luck was about to change

My prediction.

Could we be so lucky?
    So what is the latest date they have to start main unit filming if they want to finish the movie on time and not cause one more delay?