No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Bounine wrote: »
    Too many spoilers on this thread. I'll have to take leave until I've seen the film. :) Enjoy the movie ladies and gentlemen!

Fingers crossed it's a good one matey !
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,400
    matt_u wrote: »

Linus Sandgren was also in Italy yesterday.

Can anyone translate?

Basically they say that Cary scouted some location and places in Matera - with the help of a local guide - while enjoying the place. His visit confirms all the location previously reported by Sassilive. Cary will stay in Matera til Sunday at least and then he will move to a beach location close to ‘Matera (Marina di Pisticci, already reported again by Sassilive). They say filming is already taking place at Pinewood. They also talk about the possibility of using an helicopter in Matera while confirming the city will feature in the beginning of the movie.

All this sounds like a confirmation of some info we had from Sassilive: a scene taking place between Bond and a “successor” in that Church, a wedding taking place by that seaside location etc etc...

Very interesting that CJF and Sandgren are there till Sunday! Clearly, they have some pre-shoot work to do. Which means.....the film is still in pre-production.

I guess this means they pushed the start date to either the end of the month/some time in May. Which is worrying but shouldn't pose a risk to that April 8th release date.

Additionally, Lea Seydoux has begun filming The Story of your Wife this week.

https://www.cineuropa.org/en/newsdetail/347751/

So...it looks as though she'll only have a supporting role this time around.

Meanwhile, Rami Malek was in NYC this week

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Can anyone translate?

Basically they say that Cary scouted some location and places in Matera - with the help of a local guide - while enjoying the place. His visit confirms all the location previously reported by Sassilive. Cary will stay in Matera til Sunday at least and then he will move to a beach location close to ‘Matera (Marina di Pisticci, already reported again by Sassilive). They say filming is already taking place at Pinewood. They also talk about the possibility of using an helicopter in Matera while confirming the city will feature in the beginning of the movie.

All this sounds like a confirmation of some info we had from Sassilive: a scene taking place between Bond and a “successor” in that Church, a wedding taking place by that seaside location etc etc...

Very interesting that CJF and Sandgren are there till Sunday! Clearly, they have some pre-shoot work to do. Which means.....the film is still in pre-production.

I guess this means they pushed the start date to either the end of the month/some time in May. Which is worrying but shouldn't pose a risk to that April 8th release date.

Definitely not. Filming for SP started 10 months and an half before the premiere, and we're talking about the biggest Bond ever, a mammoth effort. Even if filming will start in May there shouldn't be any issues.

Can anyone translate?

Definitely not. Filming for SP started 10 months and an half before the premiere, and we're talking about the biggest Bond ever, a mammoth effort. Even if filming will start in May there shouldn't be any issues.

That’s true.

The major difference being that with SP you had a director who had previously made a Bond film with a much more generous production schedule that came in under budget and schedule.

Mendes knee the drill and what corners to cut the second time out.

Fukunaga has not mounted anything quite a s big as Bond.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited April 2019 Posts: 4,343

Can anyone translate?

That’s true.

The major difference being that with SP you had a director who had previously made a Bond film with a much more generous production schedule that came in under budget and schedule.

Mendes knee the drill and what corners to cut the second time out.

Fukunaga has not mounted anything quite a s big as Bond.

This is also very true, but if they were able to release QoS in time (with another director with basically zero experience with this kind of blockbuster crazy size) without even a completed script I think there would be no need to worry for another delay for 25. As for now chances are 0 to me.

The idea of a PTS being shot by a visionary like Fukunaga and a genius like Sandgren in a place like Matera is something beyond exciting imo.
    and again they have filmed stuff for Risico ( I am tired of calling it Bond 25) so I suspect they will continue to film
    007.com are asking fans on social media to name their favourite henchperson. A sly for them to do some audience research for B25?
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited April 2019 Posts: 1,756
    TR007 wrote: »
    007.com are asking fans on social media to name their favourite henchperson. A sly for them to do some audience research for B25?

No.
  • TR007 wrote: »
    No.
    Agreed. The social media account is just posting the usual ol' 007 trivia.
    TR007 wrote: »

No, I don't think it's something with BOND 25. They published a similar video, on the International Women Day.
    Ok, so when do we think main unit filming will begin? According to what Sandgren said several weeks ago, it should begin this month...
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Ok, so when do we think main unit filming will begin? According to what Sandgren said several weeks ago, it should begin this month...

The month is not over yet.

Just in case you were already looking for the keys to your Delorean.
    JamesCraig wrote: »

The month is not over yet.

Just in case you were already looking for the keys to your Delorean.
    Where did I imply it was over?

Probably during or by the end of the month. Didn't that lady in Norway say something about a possible conference being held at the end of the month? I'm counting on that, although not holding my hopes too high.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    So, all in all, we shouldn't assume the film is in production until it's officially announced. I liken that Norway shoot to the preliminary filming they did for QoS in Italy featuring the horse race. The film's official status as of now is pre-production, as far as I'm concerned.
    The 25th of April would be a great day to host a press conference. Just sayin’... ;)
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    The 25th of April would be a great day to host a press conference. Just sayin’... ;)

Bingo.

Bingo.

Yep ;)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Did I miss something?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    jake24 wrote: »
    Did I miss something?

Just more speculation.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada

Bingo.

Sounds like we have a rumored date
    Believe it when I see it, end of another day. Off to bit e my nails with the football now. Night night all!!! Lol!
    Judging by the “late April” info that we have, it’s pure speculation.

Yep, and the 25th happens to be a holiday where @marketto007 and I are ;) Assuming @marketto007 is where I think he is, of course ;) BTW, cheers mate, hope everything's going well.
    Univex wrote: »

Yep, and the 25th happens to be a holiday where @marketto007 and I are ;) Assuming @marketto007 is where I think he is, of course ;) BTW, cheers mate, hope everything's going well.

“Cá estou”. ;)
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    With Avengers Endgame worldwide release on the 24th?
    See, I was thinking maybe the 24th as the 25th will start the Thursday screenings for Avengers Endgame and that will dominate a lot of social media conversations.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    Avengers Endgame will dominate conversations days before its release.
    Avengers Endgame will dominate conversations days before its release.

True, We'll probably have some news or a conference in May.
    Guys, if they want to wait until NOTHING else is dominating social media conversation, then they will never hold a press conference and they will never announce the title.