No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Italy Lures Filmmakers With Its Climate, Locations and a 30% Tax Credit
    https://variety.com/2019/artisans/production/italy-production-incentives-1203173279/
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,619
    So score one for Bamigboye, who had referenced filming in Jamaica back on March 7.

https://jis.gov.jm/discussions-advanced-for-filming-of-bond-movie/
    And for @peter who referenced filming in Jamaica in this very forum even before that. Btw, Peter was also right about filming starting in March.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    So score one for Bamigboye, who had referenced filming in Jamaica back on March 7.

And for @peter who referenced filming in Jamaica in this very forum even before that. Btw, Peter was also right about filming starting in March.

Absolutely right, here. Good man @peter.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited March 2019 Posts: 3,497
    Zekidk wrote: »
    The location doubling is too much in the Craig-era. London and eastern Europe doubling for Miami, London doubling for Shanghai, etc. I can understand why they do it, but I really want Bond on location.

Not exactly a new thing in the series, ey.

E.G. http://movie-locations.com/movies/g/Goldeneye.php
    Here here peter

@PanchitoPistoles, it is very welcome to get such a positive post from you. @peter was and is spot on. I know the man and deeply respect him (he's a superb writer too), and I never, ever, doubt him. He knows of what he speaks.
  • EiragornEiragorn Hessia
    So coming from Variety we can safely call all the locations pretty much confirmed then. Still I do sincerely hope that the singer rumours don't materialize. But since there isn't a composer attached yet and the production was just commenced I don't buy a sec that there is any artist chosen not to mention s/o as plain and ordinary as Dua Lipa. There are so many more inspired and also successful artist at the moment from Janelle Monae to Hozier to Sza to Kelela and sooo many more.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 3,167
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    The location doubling is too much in the Craig-era. London and eastern Europe doubling for Miami, London doubling for Shanghai, etc. I can understand why they do it, but I really want Bond on location.

Never argued that. But I still want Bond more on location. Shanghai played a large part in SF, but the 1st unit never went there. That's too much cheating. Luckily Jamaica will most likely turn up as Jamaica. I'm a sucker for landmarks in Bond-movies, like in MR that had plenty.

Never argued that. But I still want Bond more on location. Shanghai played a large part in SF, but the 1st unit never went there. That's too much cheating. Luckily Jamaica will most likely turn up as Jamaica.

Well, I dare to say that I very much like SF, but those Komodo dragos look a bit... fake ;-)
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 3,126
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Jamaica must not have that big of scene if they are just securing it I'm guessing its probably the end of the movie

I'd lean the other way, actually. If multiple government officials are travelling to the UK to secure filming, that speaks to something significant enough to warrant that degree of public involvement. If they were just shooting at Goldeneye -- purely as an example -- that's a private resort, and I assume the hoops that would need to be jumped through wouldn't be nearly as significant.

Maybe it's where maleks villain base is like dr. No and are they still filming in Greece?
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.

Luckily Jamaica will most likely turn up as Jamaica.

It was rumoured it will double for Cuba.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

I didn't notice any of it except Prague for Miami. That one was bad.
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    So based off these spoilers. Whats the sense do you all think the movie will be about?

I thin k some of us are mistakenly assuming that the girl is either A) Madeleine at a young age; 2) The daughter of Bond and Madeleine. It might be neither.

Madeleine's daughter from a previous marriage is also a strong possibility. Knowing the girl would always be in danger she either put her up for adoption or let her husband have full custody and leave. But somehow, now, she is in real danger. Who knows why.

What is being filmed in Norway could be a PTS, but I doubt it. I can't see a PTS with Bond not in it, though that would be a good twist.

TripAces wrote: »
    So based off these spoilers. Whats the sense do you all think the movie will be about?

I thin k some of us are mistakenly assuming that the girl is either A) Madeleine at a young age; 2) The daughter of Bond and Madeleine. It might be neither.

Madeleine's daughter from a previous marriage is also a strong possibility.

Do you honestly believe the film will involve Bond's lover's daughter from a previous marriage?

Do you honestly believe the film will involve Bond's lover's daughter from a previous marriage?
    The daughter of bond and/ or Madeline is not a serious possibility.
    Of course. Unless they want to completely turn Bond series into a family drama.

"Shanghai" was filmed in Pinewood, Primrose Street and Broadgate in London (skyscrapers), The Four Seasons Hotel London for the Shanghai swimming scene and Ascot Racingtrack for Shanghai Airport. Only a couple of establishing shots are from Shanghai (skyline and the neon highway).

London doubled for Miami in CR, when they used the Dunsfold strip, which is understandable, for the runway scenes.

"Shanghai" was filmed in Pinewood, Primrose Street and Broadgate in London (skyscrapers), The Four Seasons Hotel London for the Shanghai swimming scene and Ascot Racingtrack for Shanghai Airport. Only a couple of establishing shots are from Shanghai (skyline and the neon highway).

London doubled for Miami in CR, when they used the Dunsfold strip, which is understandable, for the runway scenes.

But the "that country is standing in for this country" has always been like that in the series.

The Prague is Miami did not bother me, the only time I thought they went a bit overboard was with "Montenegro".
    edited March 2019 Posts: 4,554

It is possible. Yes. To what extent this would be part of the plot, who knows?

It is possible. Yes.

I fail to see who else this might be than a young Madeline. Look at the clothes the girl is wearing. Remember the story she told in SP.

Or... are they pretending that SP never happend? :o
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

The Prague is Miami did not bother me, the only time I thought they went a bit overboard was with "Montenegro".

Right? Should have been Monteafricanamerican.

Right? Should have been Monteafricanamerican.

Hehe.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 3,167

But the "that country is standing in for this country" has always been like that in the series.
    Like I wrote earlier: I know. Bond being chased at nighttime by Goldfingers goons in Switzerland, but filmed in England? No problem. Hugo Drax estate in California that was imported from France, and of course filmed in France? No problem. Bahamas doubling for Madagascar in CR? Hmm... havent't decided what I think of that one. It doesn't bother me, as long as they don't go overboard, like SF, where most places filmed were somewhere else.

It wouldn't surprise me if Norway is doubling for another country in B25.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    ColonelSun wrote: »

@PanchitoPistoles, it is very welcome to get such a positive post from you. @peter was and is spot on. I know the man and deeply respect him (he's a superb writer too), and I never, ever, doubt him. He knows of what he speaks.

I can also testify to this like @ColonelSun, he is indeed a talented writer. Taking my idea born out of my frustration with a certain Bond film and it's now become something really exciting that at some point we hope to share with everyone.

I'm no writer by a long shot, although he had a look at something I was thinking of doing and gave me the encouragement to go for it and now we are working on it together.

Taking my skeleton of an idea and putting some real impressive flesh on those bones.

@peter is a top drawer fella and someone I can call a good friend.
    You dont need a french girl to play young Madeleine. Maybe the girl has no speaking part or they just dub over her voice.

It seems to me like this part they're filming is indeed about the assassin who was sent to their home, that she told about to Bond in SP.
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    Are they still going to Cádiz (aka fake Cuba)?
    Are they still going to Cádiz (aka fake Cuba)?

I don't think so.

Like I wrote earlier: I know. Bond being chased at nighttime by Goldfingers goons in Switzerland, but filmed in England? No problem. Hugo Drax estate in California that was imported from France, and of course filmed in France? No problem. Bahamas doubling for Madagascar in CR? Hmm... havent't decided what I think of that one. It doesn't bother me, as long as they don't go overboard, like SF, where most places filmed were somewhere else.

It wouldn't surprise me if Norway is doubling for another country in B25.

TBH, the superimposing of that castle in MR didn't look that not bad lol.
    SPOILER. Nice, Michale Meyers with a machine gun instead of a kitchen knife. BTW why doesn't he just SHOOT HER! Oh yeah, I gave up on the 007 films when they substituted Pinewood for Kentucky.
    Personally, I prefer when Bond sticks to one local and soaks the location for everything it's worth. Dr.No and YOLT being great examples.