No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

JamesCraig wrote: »
    On one hand this is good news, on the other hand I’m surprised this isnt a done deal.

Da movie will thus be teh floppiez.

This was a hard, out-loud, rainy Saturday morning laugh. Thank you.
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    On one hand this is good news, on the other hand I’m surprised this isnt a done deal.

This was a hard, out-loud, rainy Saturday morning laugh. Thank you.

+1. That was really funny!
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,619

FYI, expressing surprise that Jamaica is not a done deal yet does not equal believing the movie will be bad. Stop being uptight and enjoy the ride, this is where the fun begins!

@DarthDimi Thank you!
    I'm having such a hard time figuring out what type of Bond film this is going to be. We've heard rumours Craig wants a "modern FRWL" to go out on, and Fukunaga seems exactly the sort of director who would fit ideally with that type of material.

But I'm getting a bit of a different vibe from what we're seeing so far. Snowy landscapes in Norway, action in Italy, the possibility of a return to Jamaica -- it feels "bigger". And more exotic. Not what one immediately associates with a pressure-cooker spy story.

I love not knowing, though. Roll on.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

Jamaica must not have that big of scene if they are just securing it I'm guessing its probably the end of the movie
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Jamaica must not have that big of scene if they are just securing it I'm guessing its probably the end of the movie

I'd lean the other way, actually. If multiple government officials are travelling to the UK to secure filming, that speaks to something significant enough to warrant that degree of public involvement. If they were just shooting at Goldeneye -- purely as an example -- that's a private resort, and I assume the hoops that would need to be jumped through wouldn't be nearly as significant.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited March 2019 Posts: 1,756

FYI, expressing surprise that Jamaica is not a done deal yet does not equal believing the movie will be bad. Stop being uptight and enjoy the ride, this is where the fun begins!
    8c670b6348b53c3b33300ef12580f425.jpg

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Well played Sir. Well played.
    Be fun to find out what style Bond 25 is. I’m hoping for a more serious film. FYEO or TLD.
    SP is possibly underrated, though I don’t think the previous films tone.

A big production, or any production for that matter, doesn't go all the way to Jamaica for just a small scene or two, it's too big of a logistical deal (and costly) to move the crew and cast and everything else to such a location just for a short stay. If the scenes were small, the production would find a closer and cheaper location to double up/stand in for the location. The Jamaica shoot is obviously substantial, or they would not be going to so much trouble and travelling so far. They have been securing and prepping the location for quite some time now.
    The Bond film I'd like to see is a Thunderball-esque adventure. Beautiful locations, Bond doing some detective work, etc. Won't and don't expect this with B25 though. The leaked footages seems to indicate something quite different.
    Norway and Italy in the PTS. London and then Jamaica in the rest.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,185
    ColonelSun wrote: »

A big production, or any production for that matter, doesn't go all the way to Jamaica for just a small scene or two, it's too big of a logistical deal (and costly) to move the crew and cast and everything else to such a location just for a short stay. If the scenes were small, the production would find a closer and cheaper location to double up/stand in for the location. The Jamaica shoot is obviously substantial, or they would not be going to so much trouble and travelling so far. They have been securing and prepping the location for quite some time now.

I think the Jamaica shoot is substantial as well.
    As for the diplomats traveling to London, i think what happened is (and this is obviously just me speculating) they got wind of B25 shooting there and got worried that Jamaica might be portrayed in a negative or racist light (based on older films) so they asked the producers to see the Script, and EoN sad "no way Jose, but we can discuss it in our office in London as long as the Script doesn't leave the Room" due to their newfound secrecy. This is arguably a big Deal for Jamaica as there haven't been any major productions there in recent years that i can think of. They could definitly benefit from the advertising that a Bond movie brings, IF done right.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Norway and Italy in the PTS. London and then Jamaica in the rest.

I would love this if it's the case.

It seems the Bond films are always under pressure to rack up locations -- SPECTRE being a particular zenith of the trend. Bond a 007 adventure that keeps some of the flavour while largely sticking to one place, and really committing to an adventure there, could be a refreshing return to the series' roots.

Dr. No, Thunderball, YOLT, even FRWL -- all those classics spring to mind, where the main body of the film largely takes place in one spot.
    Again I want a good plot and title and a little bit of globe trotting I felt Skyfall was to UK based but I enjoy the earlier films even though they are just one location
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Again I want a good plot and title and a little bit of globe trotting I felt Skyfall was to UK based but I enjoy the earlier films even though they are just one location

I'll be content either way!

Related to my point above -- yes, I'd actually give Skyfall credit for this as well. The second half of the film being UK-based was something I quite loved. Very Moonraker (the novel).
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Spending some time in a couple of locations would be nice.

And if our "confirmed" locations are indeed accurate -- snowy Norway, classic Italy, and tropical Jamaica -- well, hard to imagine a set list more Bond than that. :)
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,185

And if our "confirmed" locations are indeed accurate -- snowy Norway, classic Italy, and tropical Jamaica -- well, hard to imagine a set list more Bond than that. :)

I agree, the locations are top. Though i am still a bit confused about Norway, especially if the rumors are true.
    If this is supposed to be Mr. Whites and Madelines hideout, and they both been hiding in Austria in a very similar enviornment, is this location supposed to represent Austria or will they use it as Norway? Which was never used in a Bond film before.
    00Agent wrote: »

I agree, the locations are top. Though i am still a bit confused about Norway, especially if the rumors are true.
    If this is supposed to be Mr. Whites and Madelines hideout, and they both been hiding in Austria in a very similar enviornment, is this location supposed to represent Austria or will they use it as Norway? Which was never used in a Bond film before.

I think that's purely conjecture on fans' parts. There's absolutely no indication that's supposed to be Austria, or that it's supposed to be the same location they used in SPECTRE.

Actually, I'd say that being the "same" cabin is actually the least likely scenario. Mr. White's clearly there in Austria (in SPECTRE) because it's a secret location where he's trying to hide. Why would he be hiding somewhere he lived before?

I think that's purely conjecture on fans' parts. There's absolutely no indication that's supposed to be Austria, or that it's supposed to be the same location they used in SPECTRE.

Actually, I'd say that being the "same" cabin is actually the least likely scenario. Mr. White's clearly there in Austria (in SPECTRE) because it's a secret location where he's trying to hide. Why would he be hiding somewhere he lived before?

I was about to say the same.

You may be right. Though personally I hope they'd use Austria again due to me having Personal relations with the country, as well as Fleming and the Bond franchise itself.

Norway seems a bit of an odd choice, especially since it looks almost indistinguishable from what we saw in Spectre.

But in EoN i trust.

And White moving from one remote snowy no mans Land to the other, the poor guy just can't catch a break... Oh well he was living in a huge Villa at Lake Como in between, i guess that's something
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited March 2019 Posts: 4,554

But just to be clear: he wasn't really "hiding." Everyone knew he was there. "Will you make the journey to Althussie...?" The secret basement was not a hiding spot. He had decided to spend his final days down there, where he had conducted all of his sordid business, like some sort of self-inflicted penance.
    TripAces wrote: »

But just to be clear: he wasn't really "hiding."

But Madeleine was.

Agreed! I love the location choices, assuming they are true. Great mix. I am going to enjoy following this movie.
    So based off these spoilers. Whats the sense do you all think the movie will be about?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I just hope it won’t be something about “finding his place in the world.”
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,284
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    So based off these spoilers. Whats the sense do you all think the movie will be about?

Something… personal. My least favourite angle in any movie plots unfortunately.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 3,168
    The location doubling is too much in the Craig-era. London and eastern Europe doubling for Miami, London doubling for Shanghai, etc. I can understand why they do it, but I really want Bond on location.
    fjdinardo wrote: »

Helping Madeleine through her trauma and doing everything to reverse the trend of his life and actually save her
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 2,115
    BTW, this is the link from that tweet by @Bond25Film. It's from the Jamaican government. You can tell by the ".gov" in the URL. So the Jamaican-Eon talks I think can be classified as official. So score one for Bamigboye, who had referenced filming in Jamaica back on March 7.

https://jis.gov.jm/discussions-advanced-for-filming-of-bond-movie/