No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Babs cried when she fired brosnan apparently. Makes me wonder if MGW had more of a say in that.
    I am asking the defenders of this rumoured title to list all the official Bond movie titles that are more bland than this. I'm waiting...

There have been plenty:

Thunderball
    Moonraker
    Octopussy (contender for the worst title)
    The Living Daylights
    Tomorrow Never Dies (nonsensical garbage)
    Die Another Day (A rehash of TND)
    Quantum of Solace (Just awful, especially since the film makes little attempt to explain itself)
    Skyfall

The best titles are:

From Russia With Love
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Live And Let Die
    The Man with the Golden Gun
    Goldeneye
    Spectre

Also, if anyone is interested. Fukunaga's dog has an Instagram (I know). By the look of things, they are currently in London.

Here's a photo of Fukunaga and his dog

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Spectre is best and Tomorrow Never Dies is a nonsensical garbage? I think you've got it backwards.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Spectre is best and Tomorrow Never Dies is a nonsensical garbage? I think you've got it backwards.

Yep. At least TND had a double meaning to it. We haven’t got a clever title since that one, actually. Bond’s family motto, childhood manor, a latin frase, a location’s name, an evil organization,... none tried to be clever. Well DUD tried and failed just because it was a stupid stupid film.
    Univex wrote: »

Yep. At least TND had a double meaning to it. We haven’t got a clever title since that one, actually. Bond’s family motto, childhood manor, a latin frase, a location’s name, an evil organization,... none tried to be clever. Well DUD tried and failed just because it was a stupid stupid film.
    +1. Thank you!
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited March 2019 Posts: 4,399
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    True, plus not all mods seem to be on the same page re: spoilers, as DarthDimi posted the title many times on the previous page.

I don't think a rumoured title counts as a spoiler. It's not story material, is it? So what if the sun or moon gets blocked from our view?

My feelings precisely.... Like I have said before - its all conjecture at this stage.... I don't want to know the full story of Bond 25 before going to see it - but yet in a thread marked "possible spoilers" I know risk of happening across something I shouldn't - that's on me.... But this forum is built on gossip and discussion about ALL things Bond.. So if you and I got into a discussion of what the possible story of Bond 25 could be - does that mean we have to spoiler tag it? Because someone who doesn't want to know until Opening Night might not want to see it?? Its the same logic lol..

I mean it is what it is..

Maybe a new NON SPOILER thread is the more reasonable and logical choice.. Wut good is a "possible spoilers" thread if you have to hide everything?.. Yeah its only a button you click - but doing so over the course of a few pages of discussion is tedious..
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

To be fair it wasn’t supposed to be called Tomorrow Never Dies. I like the name though.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires

+1. Thank you!

I think they are going for one word titles to concentrate the hype into one word used all over the world. You know, #SPECTRE and #Skyfall are easier to viralize than #TomorrowNeverDies which in other languages is #ElMañanaNuncaMuere or #DemainNeMeurtJamais.

But, you're right. TND was a clever title in comparison with the Craig ones.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

+1. Thank you!

Also, THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS is a great title. How anyone could think otherwise beggars belief.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 832
    TND is an accidental title, is meaningless, has nothing to do with the film, and is one of the worst bond film titles. Spectre, while not the most creative title, is nonetheless a far better title.
    That's like saying Goldfinger is inferior to something like Skyfall.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    If it's a great film the title takes on greatness.

From Russia With Love: a postcard sentiment.
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service: too obvious, vague, non-descriptive.
    GoldenEye: a duck.
    Spectre: maybe they meant Scepter.

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited March 2019 Posts: 4,043
    That's like saying Goldfinger is inferior to something like Skyfall.

I certainly wouldn't go as far as inferior but I personally prefer it to Goldfinger.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    A title is a title.. Its like the cover of a book - it can hook you, but ultimately its the film itself that matters most..

I personally like Die Another Day - its cheese of a title, but that's okay to me... Now the movie itself on the other hand - that's a whole separate discussion lol.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I loved Skyfall because it had the mystery of not meaning anything anybody knew about, and then they doubled down on the mystery with the trailer, with the word association scene and Bond's reaction to being confronted with the word.
    Never wanted to know what something meant more, and the payoff in the actual film was great.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Above all else, it's a subjective thing.

Quite honestly, I don't care about the title--within certain limits of course--as long as it resonates with the rest of the material.

As for accidental titles, aren't most of them accidental? 'A View To A Kill', 'The Living Daylights', 'Die Another Day', 'Live And Let Die', 'For You Eyes Only' ... These titles could be used for literally every film in the series. Furthermore, most films serve us a one-sentence explanation for the title in a very heavy-handed way. Isn't that just one of those 'silly' elements of the Bond books and films that we nevertheless cherish so much?
    Goldeneye and skyfall comes off sleeker than quantum of solace or license to kill
    Spectre is such a boring title.

No way. Spectre sounds great.
  • Spectre is such a boring title.

Agreed, they should have just called it "Blofeld Returns" :P

If the rumoured title is true, well, it hasn't grown on me yet. I don't think I would like any one word title after the last two, to be honest.
    Gareth007 wrote: »
    No way. Spectre sounds great.
    Sorry, mate. But, it does not. Might as well they call the sequel MI-6.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Goldeneye and skyfall comes off sleeker than quantum of solace or license to kill

Granted.. But I like QOS.. My only issue with its usage as pertains to the film was naming the secret organization Quantum - it makes it confusing.. WE as fans know wut the title means but someone who isn't as dedicated will look at the title and organization as being connected and go "WTF???".. In retrospect, the organization should've stayed nameless in that movie..
    Spectre is a double meaning title, as is Skyfall.
    FoxRox wrote: »

Like wise.. I think he's great... Just less team MI6 helping Bond in the field, the better.
    DJCLE84 wrote: »

Like wise.. I think he's great... Just less team MI6 helping Bond in the field, the better.

Agreed. I am a little concerned about that.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    TND is an accidental title, is meaningless, has nothing to do with the film, and is one of the worst bond film titles. Spectre, while not the most creative title, is nonetheless a far better title.

Tomorrow never dies:

1)The future is always there, whether you are or not
    2) Carver's paper was called Tomorrow
    3) Tomorrow's news today, is a sentence used (well) in the film to convey the villain's manipulative plot

I never understood why people prefer the original to the mistake. I, for one, always liked the final title.
    FourDot wrote: »
    Spectre is a double meaning title, as is Skyfall.

I stand corrected, that's actually true, although they are not particularly clever.
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »

Tomorrow never dies:

1)The future is always there, whether you are or not
    2) Carver's paper was called Tomorrow
    3) Tomorrow's news today, is a sentence used (well) in the film to convey the villain's manipulative plot

I never understood why people prefer the original to the mistake. I, for one, always liked the final title.
    The nature's way of telling things. Well said, sir.

It may have been Calvin Dyson that mentioned it in one of his videos - and I totally agree with him - it just makes Bond look weak IMO.. He used to able to do it all on his own in the field - now MP, M, Q, Tanner all have to play a part.. Used sparingly its not bad - but I have feeling this is going to be the norm from now on.

One of my major gripes with the otherwise quality driven Craig era.