No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Drop this debate. It's got nothing to do with Bond 25. Thanks.
  • manovermanover uk
    Let's stay on topic please
    If you are angry about the world. Maybe have a chat with someone rather than posting your thoughts in this forum.
    The thread on existentialism on a philosophy forum has less vitriol than this one :) Let’s hope for some news soon. If not, implosion is near ;)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Denbigh wrote: »
    if the ice is melting, they can find ways to sort it. Set decorators are very talented people. Fake it til you make it.

The series did convincingly build an ice-palace interior and shoot a car-chase on a melting lake in Iceland 17 years ago, after all.
  • DaltonforyouDaltonforyou The Daltonator
    edited March 2019 Posts: 308
    Let’s talk about something not controversial like the electric Aston Martin.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    if the ice is melting, they can find ways to sort it. Set decorators are very talented people. Fake it til you make it.

The series did convincingly build an ice-palace interior and shoot a car-chase on a melting lake in Iceland 17 years ago, after all.

I'm sure they have a set in Pinewood just for this sequence too.
    @PanchitoPistoles
    "In May 2018, Variety quoted the minister for the digital and creative industries, Margot James, stating, “I don’t think Brexit will have a significant effect on the film industry. It won’t affect the studio space; it won’t affect the tax reliefs.”
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/sheenascott/2018/11/20/brexit-an-uncertain-future-for-the-british-film-industry/#1e8cb6776944

I don't think a potential Brexit deal will affect B25.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,834

Exactly, I also don't think governments would pass on the chance to have a James Bond production film in their country. It does wonders for tourism. Just look at whats happened with Solden, Austria.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    TripAces wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Christ, why do journalists keep going on with these stupid questions? No one is championing Bond to be a female. It's just a meme, but they keep on asking this question over and over. Lowest hanging fruit possible.

One of my teachers ranted to me when I told him I was a bond fan that bond need to become a woman. These people exist

Bond already turned into a woman...

That’s a very strange video. I wonder why I had never seen it before. Bond in drag?
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,541
    I Know costume designer or composer will be announced after a few months but at the moment I am more interested in casting rumours which we haven't heard after that mysterious girl.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

I'm sure they have a set in Pinewood just for this sequence too.

Of course they will. They're pretty damn good at this sort of stuff!

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    TripAces wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Christ, why do journalists keep going on with these stupid questions? No one is championing Bond to be a female. It's just a meme, but they keep on asking this question over and over. Lowest hanging fruit possible.

One of my teachers ranted to me when I told him I was a bond fan that bond need to become a woman. These people exist

Bond already turned into a woman...

That’s a very strange video. I wonder why I had never seen it before. Bond in drag?

@JamesBondKenya Me neither not till today
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus

Exactly, I also don't think governments would pass on the chance to have a James Bond production film in their country. It does wonders for tourism. Just look at whats happened with Solden, Austria.

Let's not forget Norway is not a part of the EU.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    I'm quite sure they are on the shortlist for the Bond girl and villain casting. Probably Malek and Magnussen are already secretly cast.
  • James Bond in Puglia: here where Daniel Craig will shoot the 007 scenes:

The set in Puglia and in Matera
    After the Costa Smeralda, Venice, Lake Como, Talamone and Rome, the new James Bond visits Southern Italy: Matera will become the set of Bond 25. Shooting will take place between spring and summer and locations have already been identified where the agent with license to kill will move between races on board custom-built cars, electric cars and mortal dangers: you will pass from the area of ​​the Cathedral to the squares of the historic center and then go to the Sassi. The set will then move to Puglia where a particularly suggestive railway station is being sought, perhaps located in Gravina.

https://www.repubblica.it/spettacoli/cinema/2019/03/17/news/james_bond_saga-221784252/
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Man we really need some news or new rumours to run with

I wonder if DC will be there in Norway even if he's not in the scene?
    It's confirmed, Jeffrey Wright is out and Billy Magnussen is in.

• DenbighDenbigh UK

I know a lot of people want Jeffrey back, and I'm pretty sure Billy won't be the new Felix Leiter... but I wouldn't be that opposed to it. He has a bit of Jack Lord about him :)

Jack-Lord-Felix-Leiter-2.jpg
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Felix... Weren't you black in Bolivia?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    That news was posted on page 2253. The quote in the article, 'seemingly' isn't a confirmation Wright won't return. I don't expect Magnussen will become Felix - it would be surprising, and not feel (W)right considering the tight character continuity of the Craig era. Unless 'Felix Leiter' is (wait for it)... a codename? ;)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I seriously doubt they would recast the role of Felix for Magnussen (the Variety article heavily implies it'll be a different role). Also, the above article doesn't confirm anything in terms of Wright.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    jake24 wrote: »
    I seriously doubt they would recast the role of Felix for Magnussen (the Variety article heavily implies it'll be a different role). Also, the above article doesn't confirm anything in terms of Wright.

If I'm not mistaken, the article also imples the CIA agent
    might be a villain.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

I know a lot of people want Jeffrey back, and I'm pretty sure Billy won't be the new Felix Leiter... but I wouldn't be that opposed to it. He has a bit of Jack Lord about him :)

Jack-Lord-Felix-Leiter-2.jpg

He does look a little like Jack lord
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,541
    If CIA is involved in some way would they still shoot in Canada?
    If CIA is involved in some way would they still shoot in Canada?
    I don't see why not, but I'm fairly certain Canada is out.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,834
    jake24 wrote: »

If I'm not mistaken, the article also imples the CIA agent
    might be a villain.
    I hope not, I've had enough of corrupt members of government or moles. Yawn.
    Really a shame if they don’t get Wright one more time. He was a great Felix.
    I'm calling nonsense on some of the stuff coming out of the Italian media. Is B25 shooting in Matera? Sure, I'd wager a fiver on it. But these articles offer far, far more plot details than they could realistically have at this point.

Even if a location scout came to town and told a local, "I need a good spot for a car chase," he wouldn't add, "between Bond in a custom-made car and a villain on a motorbike, en route from the cathedral where Bond appoints his female successor who is a young, beautiful brunette type."
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    This Magnussen fellow being a "villainous CIA turncoat" and all keeps reminding me of Reade Griffith from Forever and A Day. And quite frankly, he looks the part more than ever.
    I do not believe BM is a new Felix Leiter, would be massively annoyed if he was. Hoping for at least a cameo from Wright as Felix? Even if it was only a day shoot where he is at his desk communicating with Bond or BM's character?

Hoping for some more new official news next week, and a press conference the week after that?!!!!!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    There's no chance in hell Magnussen is Felix.