No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Naive members: Don't rise to Panchito, he enjoys it when he annoys and it's actually not that funny really. You're just making things worse.

@RC7:
    RC7 wrote: »
    I am a patient man

one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest-1975-002-jack-nicholson-portrait.jpg

• Denbigh wrote: »
    I am thinking that we won't get a press conference until sometime into filming maybe a few months from now. Maybe at this point a short teaser will be revealed just prior to the press conference revealing the films title with footage they have shot during the first few months of production.
    It would certainly make the press conference an even more interesting watch!
    They would never show footage at a press conference, plus if they have shot anything it won't have been anything substantial. I still think we'll get a press conference like we usually do, there's nothing stopping them.

When I mean "footage" I don't mean behind the scenes or anything but scenes from the actual film. An actual teaser trailer. I think the first "teaser" trailer was released for SPECTRE 4 months after filming has started. Imagine for BOND25 if no press conference is held before official filming begins. 4 months pass after filming starts and a press conference is held. At the press conference the press are first shown the spectacular "TEASER" trailer and at the end of the trailer the name of the film is revealed. At this point the cast and crew are revealed and a press conference takes place. A this point questions maybe asked about certain things in the spectacular teaser trailer instead of someone from a UK tabloid asking Cary Fukunaga what if feels like to start production on a film that used to have Danny Boyle attached - or some other dumb reporter asking DC if he is having second thoughts about starting a new Bond film!!!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I am thinking that we won't get a press conference until sometime into filming maybe a few months from now. Maybe at this point a short teaser will be revealed just prior to the press conference revealing the films title with footage they have shot during the first few months of production.
    It would certainly make the press conference an even more interesting watch!
    They would never show footage at a press conference, plus if they have shot anything it won't have been anything substantial. I still think we'll get a press conference like we usually do, there's nothing stopping them.

When I mean "footage" I don't mean behind the scenes or anything but scenes from the actual film. An actual teaser trailer. I think the first "teaser" trailer was released for SPECTRE 4 months after filming has started. Imagine for BOND25 if no press conference is held before official filming begins. 4 months pass after filming starts and a press conference is held. At the press conference the press are first shown the spectacular "TEASER" trailer and at the end of the trailer the name of the film is revealed. At this point the cast and crew are revealed and a press conference takes place. A this point questions maybe asked about certain things in the spectacular teaser trailer instead of someone from a UK tabloid asking Cary Fukunaga what if feels like to start production on a film that used to have Danny Boyle attached - or some other dumb reporter asking DC if he is having second thoughts about starting a new Bond film!!!
    Oh I see, I thought you were trying to say they should release footage at a press conference in the next couple of weeks. Either way I don't think that would work, I always thought that one of the reasons they had a conference before principle photography was to avoid cast members being spotted on set and revealed to be in the film. It's better if they announce it rather than having some disrespectful journalist giving it away just for a scoop.
    They need to tease us with the title and synopsis
    I have to admit I'm getting a bit lackadaisical, disinterested with Bond25 as of late. I've been advocating for EON's way with things for years, unflinchingly. That said, my interest on this one has been fading. Hope that changes, though. A press conference would help, I'm sure. Or a date for it. It's the middle of March 2019, for pete's sake. The production has been an absolute caos as far as we're concerned. Is it that wrong to feel this way? It's not about the need for the instantaneous anymore, is it?
    @Univex Who are you and what have you done with the real Univex? A few weeks ago you would have savagely attacked me for making a comment like this!

As for people saying that there might not be a press conference until months in the future, you are so wrong!! Eon has no choice. They have to hold the presser sometime in the next three weeks.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Univex wrote: »
    I have to admit I'm getting a bit lackadaisical, disinterested with Bond25 as of late. I've been advocating for EON's way with things for years, unflinchingly. That said, my interest on this one has been fading. Hope that changes, though. A press conference would help, I'm sure. Or a date for it. It's the middle of March 2019, for pete's sake. The production has been an absolute caos as far as we're concerned. Is it that wrong to feel this way? It's not about the need for the instantaneous anymore, is it?

That’s nice, but we’re a bit early for EON to be concerned about the hype train aren’t we? We’re still over a year until release, and likely haven’t even started filming yet.
  • 077077 ny
    So is it a coincidence that the cabin they're building
    looks like Mr. White's log cabin where he shot himself? Also, that same cabin had a lake in the front ... And in this Norwegian film location, there is supposed to be a lake scene with a little girl ? Hmmm..

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Minion wrote: »
    That’s nice, but we’re a bit early for EON to be concerned about the hype train aren’t we? We’re still over a year until release, and likely haven’t even started filming yet.
    +1
    Why not hold the press conference next week before the filming in Norway starts?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Why not hold the press conference next week before the filming in Norway starts?
    They still could be. I'm hoping we get another Twitter countdown.

As we all know, Eon like tradition so they're definitely going to have a press conference.
  • RC7RC7
    Naive members: Don't rise to Panchito, he enjoys it when he annoys and it's actually not that funny really. You're just making things worse.

@RC7:
    I am a patient man

He doesn’t annoy me, he amuses me. Like a Meerkat. Tenacious, but on the whole stupid.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,619
    As for the Nittedal sequence, temperatures there will be well above 0 Celsius next week. Won’t all the ice melt?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

@RC7:
    I am a patient man

He doesn’t annoy me, he amuses me. Like a Meerkat. Tenacious, but on the whole stupid.

I'm with you there. I stopped finding his posts annoying around about the time I realised the mods weren't going to do anything about it. There are many good natured and interesting members here worth interacting with instead!

1tr1dscn7chc9jm36hvrg91jwmfuaygqffqh.jpg

EON doesn't need to be worried at all. Not on my account, anyway. I'll be there opening day. Always will be, if I can. They don't have to do a thing beside making the film they want to make. They are an extraordinary ensamble, a miracle in cinema's History.

I was just expressing how I feel about this particular production of theirs, so far. I wish I could feel different, thought.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited March 2019 Posts: 1,756
    @jake24 might want to rename this thread "Panchito bashing thread", rather than B25 production diary.

EON doesn't need to be worried at all. Not on my account, anyway. I'll be there opening day. Always will be, if I can. They don't have to do a thing beside making the film they want to make. They are an extraordinary ensamble, a miracle in cinema's History.

I was just expressing how I feel about this particular production of theirs, so far. I wish I could feel different, thought.

I must admit I've been feeling the same. Primarily that this film is following the 2nd longest gap in the series' history, and with the return of Seydoux implies a reminder of SP rather than something new. Of course it's far too early to judge based on what little we know.
    Still by the time the title is announced and production underway, I'm sure my enthusiasm will rise.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    It's the natural progression of a hardcore James Bond fan, and to be honest, there's little Eon can do to rectify any of it. They're doing everything they should be doing and we're just suffering in the silence. Everyone who loves the franchise as much as we do and isn't a part of the behind the scenes of the film are gonna be left biting our nails and peeing our pants until we actually see the film, when we can give our actual judgements of the product been creating.

Yes, there's been a delay and we could shake our fists and say we've been waiting long enough but we're mere weeks away from filming, which means we're mere weeks away from the conference, which means we'll have all the information we'll need to have very soon.

Judging a film or its company because they're not giving us a date is just a tiny spec of dust on Bond 25, and will make no difference at the end of the day. No-ones gonna sit down after the gunbarrel and be like "Oh, I'm so pissed off that it took them that long to give us a date for the conference. This film's gonna be shit", so let's just sit back, relax and enjoy the little we can get at the moment.
    they probably should have just gotten Mendes back again if this is a continuation of spectre.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    "Hello negativity my old friend"
    Shardlake wrote: »
    "Hello negativity my old friend"

"Fools, " said I, "You do not know
    Silence, like a cancer, grows
    (...)
    And the people bowed and prayed
    To the neon god they made"

See, two can play that game ;)

And yes, feeling quite negative these days. Oh well...we'll see.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    they probably should have just gotten Mendes back again if this is a continuation of spectre.
    No, no, no. He shouldn't have done Spectre, so he definitely shouldn't have done this.

Skyfall was the best Bond film he could make.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Expect the SJWs to use their flame thrower keyboard powers on Twitter. ;)
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires

Well...
    fire.jpg
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Well...
    fire.jpg
    +1
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    edited March 2019 Posts: 544
    April 5, 2019 (when Bond 25's Pinewood shooting apparently starts) is friday and it's Cubby Broccoli's 110th. You know, maybe... ;)
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited March 2019 Posts: 1,756
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Christ, why do journalists keep going on with these stupid questions? No one is championing Bond to be a female. It's just a meme, but they keep on asking this question over and over. Lowest hanging fruit possible.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Christ, why do journalists keep going on with these stupid questions? No one is championing Bond to be a female. It's just a meme, but they keep on asking this question over and over. Lowest hanging fruit possible.

One of my teachers ranted to me when I told him I was a bond fan that bond need to become a woman. These people exist