No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

barryt007 wrote: »
    As long as they don't con us as they did with the SP trailer,using OHMSS score in the background and we end up with a lazy SF repeat.

I recently rewatched the Spectre Teaser and I am wondering where that movie went the teaser has almost a horror film vibe to it and instead we got a Roger Moore Comedy... not that there is anything wrong with a Roger Moore Comedy but it's not my favorite
  • skropper13skropper13 United States
    Risico007 wrote: »
    As long as they don't con us as they did with the SP trailer,using OHMSS score in the background and we end up with a lazy SF repeat.

I recently rewatched the Spectre Teaser and I am wondering where that movie went the teaser has almost a horror film vibe to it and instead we got a Roger Moore Comedy... not that there is anything wrong with a Roger Moore Comedy but it's not my favorite

Exactly, they could have gotten so creative with that film. But instead they went for campy re-hash of all previous bonds. The success of previous Craig films were their ability to chart new territory while staying true to the very basic fundamentals of the formula. SP was shite
  • ^
    Roger Moore had far more class in his pinky toe than Craig has ever shown...

One of the best Bond teasers ever, I suppose no one here will deny that, no matter one's opinion of the final product.
    ^

Cant argue with that...the man was, and still is ,pure class.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    ^

True. I don’t think Craig was ever meant to have class though. He’s more of a brute
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

Ralph Fiennes on whether he would ever consider directing a Bond film.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited March 2019 Posts: 4,343
    matt_u wrote: »
    I would be VERY surprised if they included BREXIT,and disappointed as there is no need for it.
    Bond shouldn't get involved in any real life political situations.

I don’t see Fukunaga being interested in such things. Political allusions would have featured heavily with Boyle on board, I presume. But now I don’t think so.

Fukunaga studied political theory at University before going to film school. His first feature was an immigration drama set on the southern border of the USA and he made a film about child soldiers in Africa. He's very political.

I suspect a big reason why any director would want to make a spy film today is down to headlines. It's catnip for any filmmaker - the American President possibly being a Russian asset, a new Cold War brewing, Britain's ailing status, etc.

This all seems like the perfect ingredients for a great Bond film in my opinion.

With the news that the CIA feature in the film, I imagine Bond 25 will touch on nationalism and American/Russian relations.

For lack of better word, Fukunaga is "woke" and our first millennial-generation Bond director

Didn’t know that. BTW there’s a difference between making a Brexit driven Bond movie and a Bond movie with some allusions at the current global political situation. Brexit shouldn’t be a thematically driven force in a Bond movie and I don’t think the first US director will bring on this specific topic in his movie. Maybe they could inject the picture with some allusions about the isolation UK will face like you suggested, but nothing more. On the other hand with Boyle the movie would have been far linked to this kind of topic, I’m pretty certain.

We can all agree that Cary is definitely the coolest guy at the helm of a Bond movie since Young.
    aaron819 wrote: »
    Just found an interesting article that includes a video that shows the set in Norway with fake snow being sprayed all around and two interesting cars

https://tv2.no/a/10456730/?fbclid=IwAR33xK1McYlV1fbmtmr0eTDk5yx2ZFphxZNd9RU4UDEspJuURipmaK7WsbA

It’s coming...

Nice find my friend, and especially with the 2 cars too.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    jake24 wrote: »
    Just found an interesting article that includes a video that shows the set in Norway with fake snow being sprayed all around and two interesting cars

https://tv2.no/a/10456730/?fbclid=IwAR33xK1McYlV1fbmtmr0eTDk5yx2ZFphxZNd9RU4UDEspJuURipmaK7WsbA

It’s coming...
    Nice find. Also, if that Range Rover and Tesla are part of the sequence, we can rule out a potential
    flashback.

There is a DEFINITE conclusion we can make about the plot now:
    A girl with a likeness to Swann, most definitely means the little girl in this sequence could potentially be her daughter.

What confuses me though is this girl supposedly will shoot an intruder, then run on ice.

Swann hates guns, as she says in her speech to Bond:

SWANN - "A once man came to our house to kill my father, he didn't know I was upstairs playing in my bedroom. And that papa kept a Beretta 9mm under the sink with the bleach. That's why I hate guns."

From this speech we can infer that Mr. White killed the intruder in the house. Perhaps, Bond now living with Madeline in Norway, she also keeps a Beretta in her sink as well for goodwill.

So picture this. Madeline knows this girl is in danger, so she tells the girl to hide under the kitchen sink and defend herself. She does so, and ends up killing an intruder as a result. Then she runs out onto the ice.

I'm SUPER curious who this girl is now. Could it possibly be the daughter of Madeleine? Is that why she was so keen on not getting too close to Bond? Do Bond and Madeleine have a child? The fact the casting call specifically mentioned her likeness to Madeleine suggests one of these possibilities must be true.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 1,680
    I think bond and the intruder struggle like in the stairwell fight in CR and the kid comes to bonds aid and kills the intruder
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,400

It’s coming...
    Nice find. Also, if that Range Rover and Tesla are part of the sequence, we can rule out a potential
    flashback.

A girl with a likeness to Swann, most definitely means the little girl in this sequence could potentially be her daughter.

What confuses me though is this girl supposedly will shoot an intruder, then run on ice.

SWANN - "A once man came to our house to kill my father, he didn't know I was upstairs playing in my bedroom. And that papa kept a Beretta 9mm under the sink with the bleach. That's why I hate guns."

From this speech we can infer that Mr. White killed the intruder in the house. Perhaps, Bond now living with Madeline in Norway, she also keeps a Beretta in her sink as well for goodwill.

So picture this. Madeline knows this girl is in danger, so she tells the girl to hide under the kitchen sink and defend herself. She does so, and ends up killing an intruder as a result. Then she runs out onto the ice.

I'm SUPER curious who this girl is now. Could it possibly be the daughter of Madeleine? Is that why she was so keen on not getting too close to Bond? Do Bond and Madeleine have a child? The fact the casting call specifically mentioned her likeness to Madeleine suggests one of these possibilities must be true.
    @dominicgreene I'm certain that Madeleine killed the intruder and saved her father's life. Hence, why she knows how to adeptly operate a gun and now hates them. Also, it becomes significant later as she assists Bond by firing his Walther when he's fighting Hinx.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 1,756

It’s coming...
    flashback.

@dominicgreene I'm certain that Madeleine killed the intruder and saved her father's life. Hence, why she knows how to adeptly operate a gun and now hates them. Also, it becomes significant later as she assists Bond by firing his Walther when he's fighting Hinx.

Perhaps. But the wording is a bit ambiguous. If Maddy was upstairs, would that be assuming Mr. White was at home? If he was downstairs, wouldn't he have shot the intruder instead? Otherwise Maddy would have to come downstairs and grab the gun herself.

I believe you're right and this is what the movie is inferring. If Maddy did fire the gun, then thematically it makes the whole scenario more interesting...
    "Like mother, like daughter"?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Maya Khosrowshahi is a British 13 year old girl and a debutante on film as far as I can tell. The film company have been granted permission to have her work five hours per day for five days the last week of March. Her surname is Iranian.

Re: some of the speculation here lately:
    It is the girl who will shoot an intruder and run out on the lake followed by a second intruder.
    This is made clear in the application for child work.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

It’s coming...
    flashback.

Interesting points, but I have largely rolled back on this theory.
    We don't actually know if that casting call was for B25, and not for Seydoux's other films that are in pre-production. What we do know is that the girl they casted for the part has an Iranian surname. We don't know what she looks like, but it's a possibility that this girl isn't Swann or related to her.

Furthermore, I don't believe that this child is the child of Bond and Madeleine, mainly because there hasn't been enough time between films to justify them having a kid who is old enough to be capable of killing someone.

Also, the main villain is most likely Middle Eastern or North African (based on the casting rumours). We know the girl they casted for this part has some sort of Iranian ancestry. My gut tells me the girl in this sequence is somehow related to the main villain. And given Fukunaga's tendency to have dying children as part of the narrative, I don't think it's a stretch to imagine that this girl won't survive the film.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 9,771
    Ok here is an idea... one that will upset some
    the kid is actually Rami Malek's and Madline Swann's character and he is a former lover/ member of Spectre who is out for revenge not at bond but at Madeline for leaving him and for helping 007 stop Spectre. That would put this whole sequence at the end of the film with perhaps Bond and a Fellow 00 or maybe CIA agent going into Malik's house to confront him and well kill him Malek's daughter kills the CIA agent and runs into the night Bond pursues and tell her not to follow in her father's footsteps Madeline is there to comfort and explain to her that this isn't the right path...

its not that bad of an idea

which if that is the case (patterns be dam) there is only one possible title for Bond 25
    The Property of a Lady referring to both Bond and Malik's motivations through out the film add to the fact that the last movie did take inspiration from Octopussy and well yeah it could really work
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited March 2019 Posts: 4,312
    I have not read the spoilers, but whenever a house was erected on set, it was blown up in the end - see Skyfall and the wooden house in Spectre.
    Also, construction is done, but the external stairs and railing is still there. Maybe a hint that some stunt requires people on the roof.
    Maybe she is related to the middle eastern baddie and knows something on him,and Bond finds himself on the run with her,similar to Gardners 'Nobody Lives Forever' .
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,979
    octofinger wrote: »
    A thought re. the cars on the set:
    A possibility for the present day is that Madeline has a child from before she met Bond. It feels a bit tacked on to me, but it could draw in a "now it's personal" threat if the child she'd hidden away comes under threat.

Alternatively, this could be by way of a PTS: a child at threat that Bond is rescuing (or who is collateral damage in a mission). The child escapes but we learn that the Big Bad (or his henchman) is just the sort of evil bastard who'd threaten a child.

Since the cars indicate the present, it can't be Bond's child. Assuming that B25 takes place in the present day, there isn't enough time for a Bond/Madeline child (ugh, the very notion) to age that much.

Unless the child-on-ice scene is the flashback and the cars are in a separate, present scene.

I really feel like there is no place for children in Bond. But maybe Fukunaga will surprise me.
    I am tired of speculation. Give us something, EON!
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 1,680
    Ok here is an idea... one that will upset some
    the kid is actually Rami Malek's and Madline Swann's character and he is a former lover/ member of Spectre who is out for revenge not at bond but at Madeline for leaving him and for helping 007 stop Spectre. That would put this whole sequence at the end of the film with perhaps Bond and a Fellow 00 or maybe CIA agent going into Malik's house to confront him and well kill him Malek's daughter kills the CIA agent and runs into the night Bond pursues and tell her not to follow in her father's footsteps Madeline is there to comfort and explain to her that this isn't the right path...

its not that bad of an idea

which if that is the case (patterns be dam) there is only one possible title for Bond 25
    The Property of a Lady referring to both Bond and Malik's motivations through out the film add to the fact that the last movie did take inspiration from Octopussy and well yeah it could really work
    The kid is maleks and swanns I never thought of that. There's a good chance this is it
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2019 Posts: 10,588
    @Tuck91 and @Pierce2Daniel Please start using spoiler tags.
    Shouldn't they be filming not before the 25th? This looks like they could start tomorrow (or next week at least).
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Station_Z wrote: »
    Shouldn't they be filming not before the 25th? This looks like they could start tomorrow (or next week at least).

This is a question I have as well. It seems like they are really starting to get prepared for filming sooner than later.

yesterday they gave us news that Bond 25 is not shatterhand what you want news EVERY day now?
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    And given Fukunaga's tendency to have dying children as part of the narrative, I don't think it's a stretch to imagine that this girl won't survive the film.
    I seriously doubt they will put the death of a child in a Bond film.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Station_Z wrote: »

Wasn’t being reported that they had to wrap filming in Norway by April 1st?
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

yesterday they gave us news that Bond 25 is not shatterhand what you want news EVERY day now?

I’m not 100% convinced. Broccoli was suddenly faced with a poster that said “Shatterhand” and asked to sign it, knowing it’d show up on the internet, and maybe in that moment she figured her signature would be a too-early-confirmation of the title. It was a sly, clever trick by the collector if it was all intentional, and I believe it was. So she wrote “not” to keep the air of mystery. I have to imagine the whole interaction took place in a very short amount of time.
    Waltz wasn’t playing Blofeld either.
    Or maybe I should take the tin foil hat off ;)
    Maybe second unit is filming at the house starting soon. There's no reason they would be sprayed fake snow around unless principle photography will be commencing soon.

I’m not 100% convinced. Broccoli was suddenly faced with a poster that said “Shatterhand” and asked to sign it, knowing it’d show up on the internet, and maybe in that moment she figured her signature would be a too-early-confirmation of the title. It was a sly, clever trick by the collector if it was all intentional, and I believe it was. So she wrote “not” to keep the air of mystery. I have to imagine the whole interaction took place in a very short amount of time.
    Waltz wasn’t playing Blofeld either.
    Or maybe I should take the tin foil hat off ;)

if bond 25 is Shatterhand I will be making a bowl of popcorn to see the meltdown on this forum lol