No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Just found an interesting article that includes a video that shows the set in Norway with fake snow being sprayed all around and two interesting cars

https://tv2.no/a/10456730/?fbclid=IwAR33xK1McYlV1fbmtmr0eTDk5yx2ZFphxZNd9RU4UDEspJuURipmaK7WsbA

It’s coming...
    aaron819 wrote: »
    Just found an interesting article that includes a video that shows the set in Norway with fake snow being sprayed all around and two interesting cars

https://tv2.no/a/10456730/?fbclid=IwAR33xK1McYlV1fbmtmr0eTDk5yx2ZFphxZNd9RU4UDEspJuURipmaK7WsbA

It’s coming...

Good find @aaron819 .

Still reminds me of being too similar to SP atm.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    barryt007 wrote: »

It’s coming...

Good find @aaron819 .

Still reminds me of being too similar to SP atm.

Same here...

• edited March 2019 Posts: 6,677
    That's a 2018 Land Rover Discovery and a Tesla model S, btw. All sort of recent.
    Univex wrote: »
    That's a 2018 Land Rover Discovery and a Tesla model S, btw. All sort of recent.

The set .
    I’m pretty sure the plot will involve BREXIT one way or another.

I’m not sure they’ll tackle it overtly. It’s more a diplomatic and constitutional crisis. Not the sort of thing that lends itself to espionage fiction.

However, the sentiment behind Brexit – the rise of nationalism, one country state politics, isolationism, etc – will likely figure into the plot.

I imagine Britain’s flailing stature on the world stage will figure heavily into Bond 25. Possibly mirroring Bond's own arc. The once proud monument of imperialism in ruins.
    I would be VERY surprised if they included BREXIT,and disappointed as there is no need for it.
    Bond shouldn't get involved in any real life political situations.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,541
    I would be VERY surprised if they included BREXIT,and disappointed as there is no need for it.

Agreed and it shows lack of creativity in terms of screenplay.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

I don’t see Fukunaga being interested in such things. Political allusions would have featured heavily with Boyle on board, I presume. But now I don’t think so.
    matt_u wrote: »

I don’t see Fukunaga being interested in such things. Political allusions would have featured heavily with Boyle on board, I presume. But now I don’t think so.

Indeed,another reason i'm glad Boyle has gone,he would have really complicated things in so many ways.

Please Babs and Dan disagreed with the death of Bond etc...what a stupid premise.
    That house in Norway has some interesting features. Lots of big glass windows, and a yellow final colouring to it, with a grey roof. That triangular shaped window on the side is very large. I hope it has an interior, on the spot or remade in Pinewood.

About the cars, they're being sprayed with fake snow, so I'd say that scene plays in the present, as they're all recent models. Right?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    So, this movie isn't coming out this year-? *ducks*
    chrisisall wrote: »
    So, this movie isn't coming out this year-? *ducks*

It is. As a 2m trailer. If we're lucky.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,400

Fukunaga studied political theory at University before going to film school. His first feature was an immigration drama set on the southern border of the USA and he made a film about child soldiers in Africa. He's very political.

I suspect a big reason why any director would want to make a spy film today is down to headlines. It's catnip for any filmmaker - the American President possibly being a Russian asset, a new Cold War brewing, Britain's ailing status, etc.

This all seems like the perfect ingredients for a great Bond film in my opinion.

With the news that the CIA feature in the film, I imagine Bond 25 will touch on nationalism and American/Russian relations.

For lack of better word, Fukunaga is "woke" and our first millennial-generation Bond director

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España

It’s coming...

Thanks for this. Apparently, Morten sees Michael G. Wilson there...
    echo wrote: »
    Or Facebook. Malek as a Zuckerberg type--the world domination, the swagger--makes a lot of sense.

I'd vote this one down. Stay away from a 'tech villain/evil hacker' plot. In fact, stay away from them for another couple of films!
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6771427/Danny-Boyle-quit-director-25th-James-Bond-film-bosses-wouldnt-let-KILL-007.html

I wouldn't hold this up as the absolute truth, but a little bit of insight into Danny Boyle leaving.

If it is true then I am very happy Boyle is gone. Was always skeptical about him directing a Bond movie to begin with, this would confirm my fears.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2019 Posts: 10,588

It’s coming...
    Nice find. Also, if that Range Rover and Tesla are part of the sequence, we can rule out a potential
    flashback.
    My point exactly, @jake24. Things are getting interesting again.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    About the SHATTERHAND dilemma. What if our dear Babs was bluffing? She wouldn’t give a way B25 title like that, to a random stranger.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,400
    About the SHATTERHAND dilemma. What if our dear Babs was bluffing? She wouldn’t give a way B25 title like that, to a random stranger.

It's almost certainly not called Shatterhand. If you're from Britain, you know there is no feasible way they can get away with that title in 2019 without ridicule.

The title is the least of my concerns to be frank. I want cast news and set photos! Though, we'll have to wait a while for the latter.

It's almost certainly not called Shatterhand. If you're from Britain, you know there is no feasible way they can get away with that title in 2019 without ridicule.

The title is the least of my concerns to be frank. I want cast news and set photos! Though, we'll have to wait a while for the latter.

You mean because SHAT HER HAND?
    Anyway, I’m already looking forward to see moving images of Bond back in action again, AKA the Teaser Trailer.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

She certainly wouldn't give the title away, but considering how close we are to the start of shooting, she'd certainly give away what it's not. A detail like that will get tongues wagging again, especially after so many outlets posted about SHATTERHAND being the title last week.
  • RC7RC7

Fukunaga studied political theory at University before going to film school. His first feature was an immigration drama set on the southern border of the USA and he made a film about child soldiers in Africa. He's very political.

I suspect a big reason why any director would want to make a spy film today is down to headlines. It's catnip for any filmmaker - the American President possibly being a Russian asset, a new Cold War brewing, Britain's ailing status, etc.

This all seems like the perfect ingredients for a great Bond film in my opinion.

With the news that the CIA feature in the film, I imagine Bond 25 will touch on nationalism and American/Russian relations.

For lack of better word, Fukunaga is "woke" and our first millennial-generation Bond director

And hopefully they won’t be flying it up the flagpole. There’s an ambiguity to Bond that needs to remain central.
    The man's 41 years old - to the extent that the term "millennial" means anything any more, he isn't one.
    As long as they don't con us as they did with the SP trailer,using OHMSS score in the background and we end up with a lazy SF repeat.
    A thought re. the cars on the set:
    A possibility for the present day is that Madeline has a child from before she met Bond. It feels a bit tacked on to me, but it could draw in a "now it's personal" threat if the child she'd hidden away comes under threat.

Alternatively, this could be by way of a PTS: a child at threat that Bond is rescuing (or who is collateral damage in a mission). The child escapes but we learn that the Big Bad (or his henchman) is just the sort of evil bastard who'd threaten a child.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    As long as they don't con us as they did with the SP trailer,using OHMSS score in the background and we end up with a lazy SF repeat.

I spent 144 minutes in theaters waiting for that especially during the plane chase.