No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    peter wrote: »
    Wonderful news.
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    "Overhaul" could just literally have meant a thorough shooting polish, from start to finish. But of course that wouldn't grab headlines, would it?

You're correct, sir. But when one is given the assignment for an "overhaul", it usually means a page one re-write. However, and to the point...--

Recently I was accused of "being quiet".

As I said at the time, I was far from quiet. I was in constant communications with posters that actually like Bond and I continued chatting about the little morsels I knew. None of what I have reported is a lie-- a release date may have changed, but I, and others, were not lying about what we knew, lol!

Ten days, or more ago, I posted to readers that the "overhaul" that was reported in the PL article (and made me lose my shit), was exaggerated.

I reported to those that care to read my nonsense, that the script was only being "polished with the same story, same characters that was there in the previous drafts" (when I heard this, I went to a trusted source on this site, and he knocked this point home).

I stand by these claims that I stated over a week ago. I suppose variety gives a little more insight.

Others who I chatted with-- ten or more days ago-- will agree to this too: I said there was no overhaul. It was a polish (and smarter people than me on this site, knew that too (they knew coz they r smart; me dummy)).

The only thing I was not privy to at the time was that the draft we were talking about came from CF himself (holy. and. shit!!)

Continuing on this point, I was disturbed to hear that my/or other sources could be validated if, blah, blah, blah, and all I have to say to that, respectfully, is this: no one is lying to us. I can't speak for others, but I believe those (outside of the internet scavengers), have legit information. But--

Information in the film world changes moment by moment (a small sample: Bombay (I think), was locked for the PTS for SF; that changed to Istanbul in a blink.

Bombay was locked, until it wasn't, and things moved to Istanbul for (I think), better tax incentives).

@PanchitoPistoles, you say my "source(s)" can be validated if Jamaica holds up. Uh... okay. But, I said more (and I suppose, risk your wrath):

We should see how much has changed in the scripts from my reporting on this site, to the date now-- but I can assure you that anyone in production will report B25 was:

#1 In Jamaica for scouting, led by Gregg Wilson (and he stayed at Ian Fleming's GoldenEye while he was there)(as a secondary source, he may have been there with second unit).

#2: Cadiz or Matera Italy will stand in for Tuninsia (or maybe Greece? which I didn't hear about???, but Tuninsia (or another Middle east city, but I heard the Big T), unless exorcised by Burns)

#3: Malek agreed to being in B25 BEFORE Oscar night (what is happening now is crossing "t"s and "I"s)

#4 as I have said since Day 1: I believe Norway will happen, but I didn't hear about Norway from my "sources" until the past week. Repeat, I admit, I never heard about Norway, unless from this site (therefore admitting shortcomings, lol);

#5: although Variety reported March 4 as the start date, I never said that was the date-- I said March 2019... And, shit, I will still say that shooting will happen in March 2019 (if not, shoot me on this).

EDIT:

#6: this dummy speculated (from ppl closer than me), that Boyle was fired; that he wanted to change the "culture of Bond. This has been documented long enough from me...

Things change on a film set. But this is what I know.

None of these things are a lie.

Good stuff, Peter!
    I'm curious if Boyle signed a contract how he got out of that or eon just let him go
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    has malek played a villian before just because he won an oscar doesn't mean he will be a good villian look at waltz's blofeld
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    has malek played a villian before just because he won an oscar doesn't mean he will be a good villian look at waltz's blofeld

Rami Malek’s acting in Mr. Robot shows that he could very well play a psychopathic, unstable character which could work against a calm, cool Bond.
  • antovolk wrote: »
    Big casting news - Billy Magnussen is EON's top choice for Leiter-esque CIA agent role
    https://variety.com/2019/film/news/bond-25-cast-billy-magnussen-bond-girls-1203151088/
    Producers are continuing their search for two female roles — one a new MI6 agent and the other an accomplice similar to Olga Kurylenko’s character in “Quantum of Solace” — the main villain, and an American CIA agent similar to Jeffrey Wright’s in past installments.

EDIT: And Collider with their own exclusive reporting that Malek is in final negotiations for villain http://collider.com/rami-malek-bond-25-villain/?utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Collider's scheduling take for Malek (shooting in the summer - and we know it shoots until at least late September) - is exactly what I said on Saturday. Italy standing in for Tunisia could very well be the villain's hideaway.

Glad to see it's coming together.

Rami Malek’s acting in Mr. Robot shows that he could very well play a psychopathic, unstable character which could work against a calm, cool Bond.

ok i guess i haven't seen mr robot im guessing hes a villian in that
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I'll be interested to see if they stick with how he looks. The last thing we expected when Javier Bardem was cast, was a clean-shaven, peroxide blond haired man, so I wonder if Malek and the team will want to play around a bit?
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,730
    I’m not at all against the idea of bond having a child. I think it could work, im only against the idea of that child being from Madeleine, because her character sucks.

Also I just realized that since the film comes out in 2020, it means that there were only two bond films in the 2010’s
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I'm curious if Boyle signed a contract how he got out of that or eon just let him go

EoN fired him-- that's how he got out of contract.

I wish we could all collaborate on the info we have, rather than make a competition out of whose info is better, worse, valid, until absolutely proven. For example, Cashley was definitely full of a four letter word.

I'm not saying this to call anyone out. Let's be adults, and collaborate together. This is the reason why schools force group projects on us from a young age.

Let's honour those pointless assignments.

As I said, I'm not in competition and I'm not trying to outsmart anyone, coz I don't care about "points"...

I just really love James Bond... (the following is an article I wrote, published in a national newspaper (once again, I don't hide behind avatars and key-board warriorisms): https://nationalpost.com/opinion/peter-sheldrick-why-james-bond-remains-the-worlds-favourite-secret-agent)

If something comes in that I think will be valuable to this site, I post it (as others know, if there is info I get I'm not sure about, I withhold it coz it didn't hold water (not even in a fun fan-boy/girl sense-- which happened just recently (that some posters are well aware about)).

However, @dominicgreene -- when ppl who do share what we know (I'm a produced writer (of some silly shit horror films and a sequel (not my genre, lol); and I have been paid options on two big thriller films, one which Amber Heard is reading) and I know a couple to three ppl related to EoN on this production; and...

There are posters on this site that I know definitively WORKED for Eon (and others still that have legit industry sources (looking @ggl007 ), are used as punching bags, many, like myself (can't speak for others), don't bother posting anymore, coz it's not fun.

I think @Denbigh hit the nail on the head when he said, and I paraphrase, this site isn't about ego and scoops and competition (which is how at least two people are taking this), but sharing in what we know.

I could seriously hurt a poster and his claims he has info on the press conference for B25....

For now... What's the point?

There was a poster (maybe 2, or 5) that said lets get back to the fun.

I agree..............

He doesn't play a villain in that, necessarily. He's the protagonist but the character is rather unstable, paranoid, and has delusions. I feel that he could pull off a similar role, albeit with more evil intentions in a Bond film.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I skim for news , but beyond that the fun has been sucked out of what should be a positive, optimistic thread.

The Inquisition wasn’t fun the first time around....
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2019 Posts: 10,588
    talos7 wrote: »
    I skim for news , but beyond that the fun has been sucked out of what should be a positive, optimistic thread.

I respectfully disagree. The last few days have been quite fun given the amount of speculation on account of the flood of news. The usual suspects will continue to bicker.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited February 2019 Posts: 1,756
    @peter Shame, as those posters are always appreciated. Just wish it could be different.

EoN fired him-- that's how he got out of contract.

I wish we could all collaborate on the info we have, rather than make a competition out of whose info is better, worse, valid, until absolutely proven. For example, Cashley was definitely full of a four letter word.

I'm not saying this to call anyone out. Let's be adults, and collaborate together. This is the reason why schools force group projects on us from a young age.

Let's honour those pointless assignments.

As I said, I'm not in competition and I'm not trying to outsmart anyone, coz I don't care about "points"...

I just really love James Bond... (the following is an article I wrote, published in a national newspaper (once again, I don't hide behind avatars and key-board warriorisms): https://nationalpost.com/opinion/peter-sheldrick-why-james-bond-remains-the-worlds-favourite-secret-agent)

If something comes in that I think will be valuable to this site, I post it (as others know, if there is info I get I'm not sure about, I withhold it coz it didn't hold water (not even in a fun fan-boy/girl sense-- which happened just recently (that some posters are well aware about)).

However, @dominicgreene -- when ppl who do share what we know (I'm a produced writer (of some silly shit horror films and a sequel (not my genre, lol); and I have been paid options on two big thriller films, one which Amber Heard is reading) and I know a couple to three ppl related to EoN on this production; and...

There are posters on this site that I know definitively WORKED for Eon (and others still that have legit industry sources (looking @ggl007 ), are used as punching bags, many, like myself (can't speak for others), don't bother posting anymore, coz it's not fun.

I think @Denbigh hit the nail on the head when he said, and I paraphrase, this site isn't about ego and scoops and competition (which is how at least two people are taking this), but sharing in what we know.

I could seriously hurt a poster and his claims he has info on the press conference for B25....

For now... What's the point?

There was a poster (maybe 2, or 5) that said lets get back to the fun.

I agree..............

Your work is greatly valued, Peter. Don't let the naysayers detract you!
    jake24 wrote: »

I respectfully disagree. The last few days have been quite fun given the amount of speculation on account of the flood of news. The usual suspects will continue to bicker.

You do have a point, I’ll have to learn to filter the posts of the “ usual suspects “
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

You do have a point, I’ll have to learn to filter the posts of the “ usual suspects “
    At the end of the day, if you're bothered by someone's posts, skip over them. The lead up to a Bond film should be an exciting time after all..

Keyser Soze is here I know he’a here!!!

@peter wanna just head down to Vegas we can have fun there

At the end of the day, if you're bothered by someone's posts, skip over them. The lead up to a Bond film should be an exciting time after all..

Of course you’re right , but sometimes, like passing a car wreck.... ;)

• All I can say is “Thank God!” We are getting another Bond flick!! All Rejoice! 25 films and counting....no other film series can come close!!!! 007 Rules......make NO mistake!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited February 2019 Posts: 8,484
    @peter Shame, as those posts are always appreciated. Just wish it could be different.

@dominicgreene , I think you're right. And @jake24 is correct: so much of what is coming in is great fun.

But, as others have pointed out, there's a little bit of a darker force out there who makes this thread a little salty. A competition.

@octofinger's criticisms are absolutely bang on as well. Love what this guy says-- have no idea who he is-- but I took the brunt, deservedly so, for his disappointment in some behaviour when some may know a little morsel.

And that's why, as I posted on this thread a week ago, I decided to keep more quiet than not (and let someone have a victory lap).

I simply decided I didn't want to deal with the negativity. So, tonight, I have re-listed everything I have been told about this production-- believe or not, but no one is "lying" to me, lol.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 832
    I get the sense that my recent concerns about bond 25 were unfounded, particularly with the casting/ script is being refined not overhauled scoops. Feeling optimistic about it right now.

He doesn't play a villain in that, necessarily. He's the protagonist but the character is rather unstable, paranoid, and has delusions. I feel that he could pull off a similar role, albeit with more evil intentions in a Bond film.

a max zorin type? @AgentJamesBond007
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Risico007 wrote: »

Keyser Soze is here I know he’a here!!!

@peter wanna just head down to Vegas we can have fun there

You're right, "6 Pack Risico"... lets go for a drink in the sand (and kick a$$ and look good doin it).
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,630

a max zorin type? @AgentJamesBond007

Perhaps a mix of Zorin, Greene, General Orlov, and Le Chiffre.

Someone who's very much insane yet very analytical in his actions. A villain who (hopefully) has more imposing henchmen do his dirty work for him, but will still attack Bond at the end, only to be defeated at the end. I can definitely see Malek's character be based on an Elon Musk or a Mark Zuckerberg.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I'm liking everything I read - I just want Jeffrey Wright back, too. And that's still a possibility. I'm most pleased to read that Cary worked on/redid the script himself and Burns is working from his product. That's just great news. Cary is a fine storyteller. As for the Bond girls, their possible role, I'm happy with that. This is shaping up to be a slightly different Bond story, certainly not 100% formula with 100% same MI6 support crew. Malek, as I've said, does nothing for me but with the right script and Cary directing, I'm not concerned. (realizing he is not confirmed yet, but probably will be)
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 2,598
    skropper13 wrote: »
    I'm jumping in late to this but can someone explain to me why Madeline's character is even coming back? SP was such a forgetful entry in the series it makes little to no sense to want to reference it at all. Now that we know a lot of people don't like this script, so much so that it has to be re-written yet again is a terrible sign and I'm worried. Feeling like SP 2.0 to me which is a horrible mistake.

I hope I’m wrong but I won’t be surprised if Bond 25 is like a Spectre 2.0. I won’t be surprised either if Madeline dies at the beginning which leads Bond to go back to the service. I hope this won’t be the case as it’s unoriginal. Neither do I want her to have a personal connection to the plot throughout the film as this means that Bond will also have a personal connection. Won’t be surprised if this happens either.
    Maybe craig will wear the leather jacket outfit roger Moore wore in San Francisco. That would be cool
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,272

He played a terrorist in a season of 24.
    Maybe craig will wear the leather jacket outfit roger Moore wore in San Francisco. That would be cool

Bring on anything AVTAK inspired!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Wonderful news.
    "Overhaul" could just literally have meant a thorough shooting polish, from start to finish. But of course that wouldn't grab headlines, would it?

You're correct, sir. But when one is given the assignment for an "overhaul", it usually means a page one re-write. However, and to the point...--

As I said at the time, I was far from quiet. I was in constant communications with posters that actually like Bond and I continued chatting about the little morsels I knew. None of what I have reported is a lie-- a release date may have changed, but I, and others, were not lying about what we knew, lol!

Ten days, or more ago, I posted to readers that the "overhaul" that was reported in the PL article (and made me lose my shit), was exaggerated.

I reported to those that care to read my nonsense, that the script was only being "polished with the same story, same characters that was there in the previous drafts" (when I heard this, I went to a trusted source on this site, and he knocked this point home).

I stand by these claims that I stated over a week ago. I suppose variety gives a little more insight.

Others who I chatted with-- ten or more days ago-- will agree to this too: I said there was no overhaul. It was a polish (and smarter people than me on this site, knew that too (they knew coz they r smart; me dummy)).

The only thing I was not privy to at the time was that the draft we were talking about came from CF himself (holy. and. shit!!)

Continuing on this point, I was disturbed to hear that my/or other sources could be validated if, blah, blah, blah, and all I have to say to that, respectfully, is this: no one is lying to us. I can't speak for others, but I believe those (outside of the internet scavengers), have legit information. But--

Information in the film world changes moment by moment (a small sample: Bombay (I think), was locked for the PTS for SF; that changed to Istanbul in a blink.

Bombay was locked, until it wasn't, and things moved to Istanbul for (I think), better tax incentives).

@PanchitoPistoles, you say my "source(s)" can be validated if Jamaica holds up. Uh... okay. But, I said more (and I suppose, risk your wrath):

We should see how much has changed in the scripts from my reporting on this site, to the date now-- but I can assure you that anyone in production will report B25 was:

#1 In Jamaica for scouting, led by Gregg Wilson (and he stayed at Ian Fleming's GoldenEye while he was there)(as a secondary source, he may have been there with second unit).

#2: Cadiz or Matera Italy will stand in for Tuninsia (or maybe Greece? which I didn't hear about???, but Tuninsia (or another Middle east city, but I heard the Big T), unless exorcised by Burns)

#3: Malek agreed to being in B25 BEFORE Oscar night (what is happening now is crossing "t"s and "I"s)

#4 as I have said since Day 1: I believe Norway will happen, but I didn't hear about Norway from my "sources" until the past week. Repeat, I admit, I never heard about Norway, unless from this site (therefore admitting shortcomings, lol);

#5: although Variety reported March 4 as the start date, I never said that was the date-- I said March 2019... And, shit, I will still say that shooting will happen in March 2019 (if not, shoot me on this).

EDIT:

#6: this dummy speculated (from ppl closer than me), that Boyle was fired; that he wanted to change the "culture of Bond. This has been documented long enough from me...

Don't worry my friend, there are still ones here who appreciate what you do and your honesty.

I can testify to being one of those that you have been most forthcoming with news.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Wonderful news.

EDIT:

Don't worry my friend, there are still ones here who appreciate what you do and your honesty.

I can testify to being one of those that you have been most forthcoming with news.

Add me to that list.