Why ??!!...The whinging,moaning,complaining,ranting,letting off steam thread !!

Comments

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    6DFhfj9.png

Unacceptable! Does my creative writing teacher know anything?

Actually every single story has to be based on two opposing forces, but that's a bit off topic.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    6DFhfj9.png

Well it's called 'creative writing'. You just had the wrong expectations...
    6DFhfj9.png

So once he gets to the fourth movie he’s pretty much out of ideas.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    6DFhfj9.png

Inform them that it is S.P.E.C.T.R.E or SPECTRE, not SPECTER.
    6DFhfj9.png

Inform them that it is S.P.E.C.T.R.E or SPECTRE, not SPECTER.

Extortion has become more important
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 13,936
    @vzok Well said!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I will just sit in the middle with Dillon and smoke pot.

latest?cb=20180112063901

latest?cb=20180112063901

A woman at work confessed during lunch that she had smoked cannabis once, when she was young. An older woman burst out. "WHAT??? HOW COULD YOU DO SOMETHING SO STUPID???"

I think the older woman needs a good seeing to.

The irony is, the old girl likes to get drunk.
    Once again I miss out on a movie I really wanted to see due to only one very late screening a day, namely Glass. It is ending its run here already, probably due to low ticket sales. Well, I am sure I am not the only one who prefers to sleep at night. Some of us are working.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible

latest?cb=20180112063901

latest?cb=20180112063901

A woman at work confessed during lunch that she had smoked cannabis once, when she was young. An older woman burst out. "WHAT??? HOW COULD YOU DO SOMETHING SO STUPID???"

Let me guess: the younger woman then said "please don't talk to me like I'm stupid! It's unattractive."
    mattjoes wrote: »

latest?cb=20180112063901

latest?cb=20180112063901

Let me guess: the younger woman then said "please don't talk to me like I'm stupid! It's unattractive."

No she said she was young. And it was only once.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    And she needed the money?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Give it a couple decades, these "marijuana is the devil and is so bad for you" older folks will all die out and it won't even be a topic of discussion any longer, past the few idiots who still believe it.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 8,696
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Give it a couple decades, these "marijuana is the devil and is so bad for you" older folks will all die out and it won't even be a topic of discussion any longer, past the few idiots who still believe it.
    That's what my generation (60+, I'm afraid) once thought about nationalism, sexual inhibition, and probably most other -isms that were around in the sixties and seventies as well. Didn't work. The would-be fascists are back, the racists, any kind of chauvinists, maybe a few Stalinists, and those who get their panties in a bunch when a topless woman might be under eighteen. Stay tuned for the return of the anti-dope activists as well.

Disclaimer: In spite of the bad rap that the Seventies get, during which I turned eighteen, I never ever even got closer to dope in my entire life than smelling something sweetish at a rock concert, from three rows ahead. I can't claim to know anything about drugs except alcohol, of which I'm probably drinking too much. I'm not complaining, since I never smoked more than a total of about 20 cigarettes (tobacco) during my whole life. Not per day. Doesn't mean I'm NOT in favour of legalising cannabis.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    All I know is alcohol is infinitely worse for you than marijuana is, and that tells me all I need to know about the debate. Once it's inevitably legalized statewide, why would it stay a topic of heated debate? I do hope that's reality sooner rather than later.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Well it's been legal here for quite some time, to use it at least, and it helps to keep it's use down and other (hard) drugs too, as people are less inclined to try those as well. Personally I don't like the stuff. Never smoked it but got quite stoned when in a locked down room where people were smoking it. Made me a bit giddy. Anyway, the plusses of legalising are so much more then the negatives ( I don't see any, really), it should be legal everywhere. Would save us from idiotic French tourists as well....
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    King. So cute.
    I should have commented on this thread before. There was a colleague who was making my work life a misery, but he left in September.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I should have commented on this thread before. There was a colleague who was making my work life a misery, but he left in September.

We all have them from time to time.
    jobo wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »

We all have them from time to time.

To be honest, the company I work for has other issues. The bosses can be really petty. And if my former colleague managed to be a bully for so long until he disgraced himself (long story), it's because they gave him free reign.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I'm concerned that there is too much whinging, moaning, complaining and ranting on this thread...oh wait!

Sorry, didn't see the thread title...

Carry on.
    NicNac wrote: »
    I'm concerned that there is too much whinging, moaning, complaining and ranting on this thread...oh wait!

Sorry, didn't see the thread title...

Carry on.

Hahaha love it.
    So I slipped on some ice the other day- fell flat on my back- knocked the wind out of me and had to get x-rays done. Good news is I didn't fracture or break my ribs. Bad news is it hurt so bad I can barely move or get off my sofa without pretty much yelling in pain.
    Even brushing my teeth today or trying to get dressed was a major obstacle. It's like I have to be extremely careful with every little movie I make or it will hurt like hell.
    Unfortunately, I keep thinking of funny things and trying not to laugh.
    I got out of work tonight and for a couple days to heal.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    So I slipped on some ice the other day- fell flat on my back- knocked the wind out of me and had to get x-rays done. Good news is I didn't fracture or break my ribs. Bad news is it hurt so bad I can barely move or get off my sofa without pretty much yelling in pain.
    Even brushing my teeth today or trying to get dressed was a major obstacle. It's like I have to be extremely careful with every little movie I make or it will hurt like hell.

Ouch I have done that before, if it's muscular I find Deep Freeze gel quite effective

Ouch I have done that before, if it's muscular I find Deep Freeze gel quite effective

thanks I'll try it. I'm glad it's not a fracture. But if I cough or move it feels like Im being kicked hard from the inside of the back rib-cage.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

thanks I'll try it. I'm glad it's not a fracture. But if I cough or move it feels like Im being kicked hard from the inside of the back rib-cage.

I cracked my ribs several years ago, to get off the sofa or bed I literally had to fall onto the floor as I just could not move upright. When your core is effected whether it be ribs or muscular it really does restrict you from doing anything, all you can do is rest.

I cracked my ribs several years ago, to get off the sofa or bed I literally had to fall onto the floor as I just could not move upright. When your core is effected whether it be ribs or muscular it really does restrict you from doing anything, all you can do is rest.

thats what im doing- got a heating pad but moving forward a few inches just to put it behind me hurt

thats what im doing- got a heating pad but moving forward a few inches just to put it behind me hurt

Heating pad is that what the doctor recommended, what pain killers were you prescribed?

thats what im doing- got a heating pad but moving ice forward a few inches just to put it behind me hurt

I did this at New Year ,fell over the bed/wife during the night (alright hold back the comments u gits) and I agree with the deep freeze rather than heat but I find the spray works better but it’s more expensive and runs out quicker x worth it though .

Heating pad is that what the doctor recommended, what pain killers were you prescribed?

Ibuprofen at 800mg and Tramadol- though I was told to be careful with the latter. I'm following instructions carefully. Today I've been able to move around a bit better, but I still get that intense shooting pain in the right side of my back. Might be a muscle spasm. It's very difficult to get up when I'm sitting, especially getting out of bed, Today was marginally better and not nearly as intense. I have to carefully plan little tasks like popping a Blu ray into the player as it's out of reach. Can't particularly bend. If I drop something on the floor, it stays.

thats what im doing- got a heating pad but moving ice forward a few inches just to put it behind me hurt

I did this at New Year ,fell over the bed/wife during the night (alright hold back the comments u gits) and I agree with the deep freeze rather than heat but I find the spray works better but it’s more expensive and runs out quicker x worth it though .

Your wife @barryt007 ?