No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    peter wrote: »
    Maddy is the villain who stayed undercover for five years, half a decade, before revealing herself to Bond?

And secret agent James Bond was clueless for five years, half a decade, before she reveals herself to him?

Uh...

She’s THAT good.... :)

• DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    *offtopic* (although the thread already has been spun off into a Brosnan lovers and haters discussion)

I like Brosnan as BOnd, GE is in my top 5. TND IMO is weaker than GE, but than believe, the production has been hampered by external influences. TWINE suffers from the final rewrite from Dana Stevens and the casting of Denise Richards (I like Sophie Marceau as the villainess, Robbie Coltrane as Zhukovsky and Robert Carlyle as Renard). And DAD actually fell victim to the maniac director Lee Tamahori. I really felt sorry for Brosnan, and I understood his frustration, when he realized, that this giant turkey was his Bond swan song. Actingwise Craig is much better, but prior to Craig convincing and authentic acting was not on EON's plate, so I did not miss that.

Maddy is the villain who stayed undercover for five years, half a decade, before revealing herself to Bond?

And secret agent James Bond was clueless for five years, half a decade, before she reveals herself to him?

Uh...

Precisely, if Maddy was revealed to be a villain in Bond 25 it would make a nonsense of everything that happened to her in SP.
    I am curious to see what happens
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 6,677

Uh...

Relationships, hum? Go figure. Right? ;)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    The proposed twist, while enticing, reads like something straight out of an Austin Powers film. They'd never do that now. Would they?.
    bondjames wrote: »
    The proposed twist, while enticing, reads like something straight out of an Austin Powers film. They'd never do that now. Would they?.

Yeaaaah Baby!
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited January 2019 Posts: 2,541

Uh...

We really don't know how many years it has been since SP events, Bond25 PTS could start with bond and Madeline driving in Aston Martin where they left, are they really going to portray for 5 years later kind of story? And I am not completely against the idea of her playing an evil Character. She does has some evil resemblance.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Third time's the charm? :D

We already had Brofeld, why not?
    I'm all for a fembot Maddy with blazing bazookas lads. Bring it on!
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 19,339
    "My father kept a gun under the sink,next to the bleach....EXTERMINATE !!!!"

latest?cb=20130515014522
    octofinger wrote: »
    echo wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Well, the return of Seydoux is locked since her presence was confirmed by the director himself.

I just pray she's not going to be revealed as a secret double agent. It would be something truly annoying since :

1. Bond already experienced betrayal from Vesper;
    2. A turnaround like this would make SP pointless;
    3. Bond cannot be cheated this way anymore.

What if Bond found out she was a double agent in the PTS, and had to kill her? Then he loses his mind, Garden of Death, etc. At least that would be a different take than Tracy redux.

All of this just redoubles my frustration with SP: it was a good enough film, but

a) given the money and talent, it could have been far better, and
    b) it has painted EON into a hell of a corner.

If Seydoux is indeed to return (and to have some role in the story, or to mean something to Bond and us when she's killed off) they needed to have spent far more time in SP convincing us that she matters and that her relationship with Bond is meaningful. Re-watch OHMSS or CR if you need to see it done right. Instead we lavished time on the 9-eyes subplot or the Rome car chase or any number of other things, and none will mean much in B25.

Agree completely.
    In all seriousness, I hope they use her in more than a Trench capacity, and I also hope that they don't attempt to play up a romance that didn't really click in the first instance.

Therefore, with the amount of time that has passed since SP, they could open with her out of the picture. Not mentioned at all. So we, the audience, can choose to speculate as to what happened. Then midway through the film, her professional services are required, or perhaps she is called upon by MI6 (or Bond) because of something she may know about the past that can help with the current threat or assignment (whatever that may be). It is at this point that the history of what happened after SP is revealed, during a (tense?) encounter with Bond as he attempts to persuade her to do what it is they want for the greater good.

In this fashion her involvement relies more on her expertise (playing into #MeToo) rather than the fact that she's Bond's squeeze (a bit passe in this liberated and energized day and age).

That would be my hope anyway. Even a scene where she uses her psych skills (in a more interesting manner than she did in the useless Hoffler scene) would be a plus for me.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Who knows Bond and Madders could have a kid in Bond 25.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    octofinger wrote: »
    echo wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Well, the return of Seydoux is locked since her presence was confirmed by the director himself.

I just pray she's not going to be revealed as a secret double agent. It would be something truly annoying since :

1. Bond already experienced betrayal from Vesper;
    2. A turnaround like this would make SP pointless;
    3. Bond cannot be cheated this way anymore.

What if Bond found out she was a double agent in the PTS, and had to kill her? Then he loses his mind, Garden of Death, etc. At least that would be a different take than Tracy redux.

All of this just redoubles my frustration with SP: it was a good enough film, but

a) given the money and talent, it could have been far better, and
    b) it has painted EON into a hell of a corner.

If Seydoux is indeed to return (and to have some role in the story, or to mean something to Bond and us when she's killed off) they needed to have spent far more time in SP convincing us that she matters and that her relationship with Bond is meaningful. Re-watch OHMSS or CR if you need to see it done right. Instead we lavished time on the 9-eyes subplot or the Rome car chase or any number of other things, and none will mean much in B25.

There is a way out of it. I have spoken of this for a few years, now. A pattern has emerged across all four of DC's films: his being an orphan and his training for MI6 seem inextricably linked. This is important, because the fact that Blofeld and Bond were once foster brothers may not be a coincidence at all.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Maybe she becomes a psychologist at MI6?
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Maybe she becomes a psychologist at MI6?
    I can go for that. As long as she uses her professional skills in the film I will be satisfied. Her background lends itself to solving a case or casting light on a villain's motivation or plan. They should play that up imho. I'm less interested in her whining on about her conflicted feelings for Bond. We had enough of that in the prior film, again imho.

Good God no !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    barryt007 wrote: »

Good God no !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone here has predicted this ... :(

And their kid will in fact be the protagonist of the movie ;)
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    With Madeline... she does have an interesting connection with the criminal underworld. I prefer that to her profession, but they could intertwine. The key I think is giving her more personality (not just I’m a smart uptight psychologist, feminist rejoice) and contrast with Craig and making sure they have something to actually do within the story to show that. It’s doable, but they need to be aware of those shortcomings to fix it.

Fixing Spectre... you can make the organization more menacing, but you can’t fix Brofeld. People think it’s Waltz performance and I’m sure they’re are momentary improvements to make, but you can’t fix his motivation. The brother angle is so inane that it’s hopeless to try. So it’s best someone else is running Spectre or shelve it until a later date. But if a new villain is running Spectre, yes Swann could obviously be the link to tracking that person down.

So, a new villain and a more engaging Swann and you’re getting yourself out of your corner. That’s very doable. Now what they plan to do with Bond and his motivation will be telling...
    jobo wrote: »
    But, of course. ;)

hEr3yF1.png
    Credit goes to @marketto007
    But, of course. ;)

hEr3yF1.png

Nah, he is too old there. I am thinking a kid somewhere around the age of 5. Then we are into something! ;)
    But, of course. ;)

hEr3yF1.png

Don't even jest !!
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 17,284
    But, of course. ;)

hEr3yF1.png

Nah, he is too old there. I am thinking a kid somewhere around the age of 5. Then we are into something! ;)

Or maybe Fukunaga is looking to draw inspiration from other spy classics, like this one:

MV5BMjAyMDM5NjE1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzA3MzMyMDI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1366,1000_AL_.jpg

Having recovered from wounds received in a failed rescue operation, Navy SEAL Shane Wolfe is handed a new assignment: Protect the five Plummer kids from enemies of their recently deceased father -- a government scientist whose top-secret experiment remains in the kids' house.
    But, of course. ;)

hEr3yF1.png

Or maybe Fukunaga is looking to draw inspiration from other spy classics, like this one:

MV5BMjAyMDM5NjE1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzA3MzMyMDI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1366,1000_AL_.jpg

Having recovered from wounds received in a failed rescue operation, Navy SEAL Shane Wolfe is handed a new assignment: Protect the five Plummer kids from enemies of their recently deceased father -- a government scientist whose top-secret experiment remains in the kids' house.

You speak my language, son!

Picture this: Bond and Bond jr riding the DB5 together:

- "Please daddy! Let me fly the ejector seat!"
    edited January 2019 Posts: 15,423
    But, of course. ;)

hEr3yF1.png
    Don't even jest !!
    Cast Maryam d'Abo as his braindead aunt, perhaps, @barryt007? :D
    But, of course. ;)

hEr3yF1.png
    Don't even jest !!
    Cast Maryam d'Abo as his braindead aunt, perhaps, @barryt007? :D

That would be awesome!
    But, of course. ;)

hEr3yF1.png

You speak my language, son!

Picture this: Bond and Bond jr riding the DB5 together:

- "Please daddy! Let me fly the ejector seat!"

What a film that would be! A true masterpiece!