No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited January 2019 Posts: 3,126
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    peter wrote: »

This I would not be surprised about and have said the same to posters on here; Brocolli will only start her search in earnest when DC tells her in a closed door meeting, that he is done.
    If BOND 25 is designed to be Craig’s last Bond film, then there won’t be such a meeting.

That's true, IF it's designed as a full stop. But if it's not, as I said to a poster just moments ago: this family has a history of negotiating with a popular incumbent after his "last" film (see: Moore, Roger (MR, FYEO, OP)).

Also, this: I fully believe she would NEVER look for a new 007 while DC is filming. She doesn't want that distraction, and she doesn't want him to have that distraction.

The search for 007 at this point in time is not happening.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I believe the Eon are considering selling after b25 rumor is credible. I have this strange feeling Barbara doesn't want to keep making bond films without Craig. They're also going to need to have two films in the pipe to cement the new actor and they struggle to just get one out.

Wrong. Gregg Wilson will be taking over from his father as co-executive producer on B26.

And if I recall correctly, in the "Some Kind of Hero" book, there's a new generation of the Broccoli family who are waiting in the wings at different departments of EON.

@AgentJamesBond007 Really that's interesting who's that?

Alongside Gregg Wilson, there’s David Wilson (Another of MGW’s son who is vice-president of global business strategy and head of creative and business affairs at Eon’s Screenwriters’ Workshop), Heather Broccoli (Tina Broccoli’s daughter who works in EON’s publicity department), and Angela Broccoli (Barbara’s daughter who may join EON but her status is unclear)

@AgentJamesBond007 I've heard of the two Wilson brothers but not the two Broccoli sisters what's their ages
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    I hope EoN stays within the families and the new generation will appreciate the classic Bond and steer clear from PC idiocy, which is still trending as we speak. Madden is an excellent butler bodyguard, but far from Bond. The only true contender for Bond 26 (and I do hope Craig will depart after 25, his time is up) is one Aidan Turner and hopefully Fukunaga does one more, I have faith in the man, but we'll see.
    You don't need Fukunaga, you'll need Martin Campbell to come back and launch a third Bond. Then we'll see if Eon can avoid mucking that up for a third time.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

This I would not be surprised about and have said the same to posters on here; Brocolli will only start her search in earnest when DC tells her in a closed door meeting, that he is done.
    If BOND 25 is designed to be Craig’s last Bond film, then there won’t be such a meeting.

That's true, IF it's designed as a full stop. But if it's not, as I said to a poster just moments ago: this family has a history of negotiating with a popular incumbent after his "last" film (see: Moore, Roger (MR, FYEO, OP)).

Also, this: I fully believe she would NEVER look for a new 007 while DC is filming. She doesn't want that distraction, and she doesn't want him to have that distraction.

I believe the Eon are considering selling after b25 rumor is credible. I have this strange feeling Barbara doesn't want to keep making bond films without Craig. They're also going to need to have two films in the pipe to cement the new actor and they struggle to just get one out.

Wrong. Gregg Wilson will be taking over from his father as co-executive producer on B26.

And if I recall correctly, in the "Some Kind of Hero" book, there's a new generation of the Broccoli family who are waiting in the wings at different departments of EON.

Alongside Gregg Wilson, there’s David Wilson (Another of MGW’s son who is vice-president of global business strategy and head of creative and business affairs at Eon’s Screenwriters’ Workshop), Heather Callow (Tina Broccoli’s daughter who works in EON’s publicity department), and Angelica Zollo (Barbara’s daughter who may join EON but her status is unclear)

@AgentJamesBond007 I've heard of the two Wilson brothers but not the two Broccoli sisters what's their ages

The Broccoli cousins (not sisters) I don't know their ages for certain but I understand that Heather Callow has worked for EON's publicity department for around 10 years. If I had to guess, I'd say Heather Callow is in her thirties and Angelica Zollo is around 27/28 (an article from 2012 noted that she was twenty at the time).
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    MooreFun wrote: »
    You don't need Fukunaga, you'll need Martin Campbell to come back and launch a third Bond. Then we'll see if Eon can avoid mucking that up for a third time.

You have a point, however Fukunaga is an extremely gifted director, so in that regard we'll have to wait and see what he does with B25.
  • I think Fukunaga is going to bring something fresh while adapting well to the world of Bond.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Why do these great Bond directors always have appreciation for the WRONG Bond movie? First Sam Mendes & LALD, now Cary Fukunaga and AVTAK. Sigh...

Absolutely nothing wrong with appreciating LALD.
    Absolutely Nothing wrong with appreciating AVTAK. "My name´s St-John-Smythe. I´m English."

Well, nobody's perfect I suppose ;)

You're always an antidote to irrationality, @peter
    Why do these great Bond directors always have appreciation for the WRONG Bond movie? First Sam Mendes & LALD, now Cary Fukunaga and AVTAK. Sigh...

Absolutely Nothing wrong with appreciating AVTAK. "My name´s St-John-Smythe. I´m English."

Sounds like a Fleming chapter title. ;)
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España

Alongside Gregg Wilson, there’s David Wilson (Another of MGW’s son who is vice-president of global business strategy and head of creative and business affairs at Eon’s Screenwriters’ Workshop), Heather Callow (Tina Broccoli’s daughter who works in EON’s publicity department), and Angelica Zollo (Barbara’s daughter who may join EON but her status is unclear)

The Broccoli cousins (not sisters) I don't know their ages for certain but I understand that Heather Callow has worked for EON's publicity department for around 10 years. If I had to guess, I'd say Heather Callow is in her thirties and Angelica Zollo is around 27/28 (an article from 2012 noted that she was twenty at the time).

Angelica Zollo's webpage: http://www.angelicazollo.com/trauma-is-a-time-machine/ and her movie with Ella Loudon (Craig's first daughter). Not really Bond material, is it? ;)
  • peterpeter Toronto

@CraigMooreOHMSS , can you contact my wife and pass this message along? She doesn’t believe me every time I tell her this...

@CraigMooreOHMSS , can you contact my wife and pass this message along? She doesn’t believe me every time I tell her this...

I would but sadly no one believes the top hat wearing mustached Mr Risico
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Risico007 wrote: »

Which quite frankly is terrible, @Risico007 ... I google "trustworthy", your little avatar shows up.
    AgentM72 wrote: »

I do have certain aspirations, @AgentM72 ;)

We'll both go. @peter's wife can't deny two legitimate arguments as to her husband's well measured positives.
  • peterpeter Toronto

We'll both go. @peter's wife can't deny two legitimate arguments as to her husband's well measured positives.

She's smart, fellas. She'll say you two vs.... and she'll pull out my enemies list.
  • Cary Fukunaga was a no show at the PGA Awards last night - though perhaps that’s safer as Maniac didn’t win.

Nonetheless, this stacks up with what we know about him being in London or Paris. Presumably, he’s hard at work on Bond 25.

She's smart, fellas. She'll say you two vs.... and she'll pull out my enemies list.

That makes the odds about even, @peter
  • peterpeter Toronto
    You haven't seen the list, @CraigMooreOHMSS , lol!
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    A hint that Bond will return to the Caribbean?!

• peterpeter Toronto

Lets hope so. Full circle.

That would be great!
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited January 2019 Posts: 2,541

My best guess is bond and Madeline relaxing on the Beach like happened in CR which makes sense why DC is working so hard to get in shape.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

This is a Daily Mail summary of a Jan. 18 story by The Sun.
    Thanks for pointing out the source. Interesting outlet for an informant to leak to. Unfortunately, I see certain quotes still being brought up in that article, even now.
    I actually wouldn't be surprised if Madden was considered though, especially with the success of The Bodyguard and his most recent win at the Golden Globes.
    Oh, I'm sure they've at least noticed him. His profile is very high at the moment and Bodyguard made a splash stateside too, which is always good.

For the time being they have a film to make and release nexy year, and I'm sure they don't want any continued media commentary on 'next Bond' hopefuls. These articles have been nearly continuous for close to 4 years now and they haven't abated lately. It arguably takes away from the public's attention on the next film, which stars the current actor. This story could be to quell the speculation. If so, let's see if it works. Presumably once we start to get more news on production, the media focus will shift there anyway.

As for Craig, he's a big boy and a professional. I'm sure he knows that the rumour mill is in full effect. He has said that he's not ungrateful and he doesn't want that perception to linger. As long as he takes it in good humour and has fun with it, no worries. His photo with Elba at the Globes was part of the fun and I'm glad he allowed that.

I'm not reading too much into it at the moment, but why not? Films lensed there are among my favourites, so I'm all for it.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 591
    I agree with @bondjames :) Not gonna read too much into it. The James Bond twitter makes posts like that all the time.

My best guess is bond and Madeline relaxing on the Beach like happened in CR which makes sense why DC is working so hard to get in shape.

I would be fine with that
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    edited January 2019 Posts: 1,884
    I agree with @bondjames :) Not gonna read too much into it. The James Bond twitter makes posts like that all the time.

Can't think of anything comparable myself.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I don't see this as any sort of hint at all, to be honest. Wouldn't read too much into it.
    Cary Fukunaga was a no show at the PGA Awards last night
    Best Bond 25 related news in a while! Suddenly the March 4th filming start date seems very likely again!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I always thought it was a bit strange how EON announced a start date so early in the proccess.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 9,770
    Bond 25 will come out on time
  • Cary Fukunaga was a no show at the PGA Awards last night
    Best Bond 25 related news in a while! Suddenly the March 4th filming start date seems very likely again!

Whilst he wasn't at the PGA Awards - he was indeed in Paris yesterday for the Hermès FW19 Men's Collection with Kristine Froseth

https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/the-cary-joji-fukunaga-appreciation-thread.759191/page-87#post-43255408

Perhaps getting some Bond inspiration from the chic outfits.