No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    jake24 wrote: »
    Paris would be nice considering Fukunaga's appreciation for AVTAK!
    Not ideal for B25, given both Paris and Norway featured heavily in MI: Fallout.
    So did London.
    Well, London is Bond's home. So, that doesn't count.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    So did London.
    Well, London is Bond's home. So, that doesn't count.
    Agreed.
    Why do these great Bond directors always have appreciation for the WRONG Bond movie? First Sam Mendes & LALD, now Cary Fukunaga and AVTAK. Sigh...
    I thought the same thing. Doesn't Craig appreciate LALD as it was the first Bond he saw as well? As long as they don't say they've never seen a Bond film or liked them at all, that would be worse.

Panchito, that bodes well as your favorite director Nolan holds OHMSS in high regard if I'm not mistaken.
    BT3366 wrote: »
    Panchito, that bodes well as your favorite director Nolan holds OHMSS in high regard if I'm not mistaken.
    Great point!
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited January 2019 Posts: 2,541
    There is a big difference in favorite film and watching a bond film for first time.As far as i remember Fukunaga said AVTAK was the first bond film he ever saw doesn't make it his favorite. CR was the first bond film I ever saw but FRWL is still my most favorite.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Jany Temime officially confirmed for Marvel's Black Widow film, coming in 2020.
    Good news. They can keep her. Her expertise with skin tight outfits will probably work better for that film.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Aiysha Hart is purely speculation based on Instagram and is most likely not true.

What is true is that Kristine Froseth was in London seeing Fukunaga. Another one of Cary's friends posted an Instagram story of Kristine and Cary in Shoreditch on Thursday. I can't post it as stories only last a day and the link cannot be copied. This is the same friend who posted this photo - so we know she's close to CJF:

Shoreditch is a fairly artsy area - so it make sense that CJF would be hanging around this area whilst working on Bond 25.

Also....Kristine Froseth is in Paris today. She may just be making good use of the Eurostar or she's with CJF and the trip has something to do with Bond 25?

@Pierce2Daniel who is that guy next to cary?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited January 2019 Posts: 8,087
    For me it's not the lack of news which is concerning but the lack of credible rumour, which gets circulated among credible sites. EON can do their damnedest to stop any info from leaking, but they can do nothing about rumours. Yet it has been eerily quiet even on that front, with only the odd arrow pointing towards a specific actor or location. It's a Bond film after all, and whether there are leaks or not, Hollywood sites are going to speculate and investigate possibilities. But right now, it's doesn't "feel" like we're in that space yet of a Bond film being in the lead up to production. They are supposed to start filming in 44 days, that's going to come round sooner than expected. Hopefully there are some positive signs in the next couple weeks that everything is on track, and there isn't another snag. I think we can agree the most thing is to make sure Bond 25 gets released without a delay.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited January 2019 Posts: 13,013
    Hopefully there are some positive signs in the next couple weeks that everything is on track, and there isn't another snag. I think we can agree the most thing is to make sure Bond 25 gets released without a delay.
    Nothing negative..... is...a positive. Most important: a good mission and Bond film.

Just a matter of time, really.

pocket-watch-clip-art__u13449687.jpg
    Why do these great Bond directors always have appreciation for the WRONG Bond movie? First Sam Mendes & LALD, now Cary Fukunaga and AVTAK. Sigh...

So what if they show appreciation for the Bond films you don't like (as much)?

Haven't seen it yet, but did Norway feature heavily? It doesn't feature as Norway either.

It’s good that Fukunaga has experience with View, as he has a close to AARP age Bond to deal with again.
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    007Blofeld wrote: »

I would love madden to take over from Craig after B25 and the alleged comments from Barbara Broccoli I would seriously take them with a huge grain of salt
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

So what if they show appreciation for the Bond films you don't like (as much)?

Haven't seen it yet, but did Norway feature heavily? It doesn't feature as Norway either.
    It features heavily in the third act. It doubles for Kashmir in the film, though.

Absolutely nothing wrong with appreciating LALD.

Seconded!!!
  • peterpeter Toronto

This I would not be surprised about and have said the same to posters on here; Brocolli will only start her search in earnest when DC tells her in a closed door meeting, that he is done.
    peter wrote: »

This I would not be surprised about and have said the same to posters on here; Brocolli will only start her search in earnest when DC tells her in a closed door meeting, that he is done.
    If BOND 25 is designed to be Craig’s last Bond film, then there won’t be such a meeting.
    I believe the Eon are considering selling after b25 rumor is credible. I have this strange feeling Barbara doesn't want to keep making bond films without Craig. They're also going to need to have two films in the pipe to cement the new actor and they struggle to just get one out.
  • peterpeter Toronto

If BOND 25 is designed to be Craig’s last Bond film, then there won’t be such a meeting.

That's true, IF it's designed as a full stop. But if it's not, as I said to a poster just moments ago: this family has a history of negotiating with a popular incumbent after his "last" film (see: Moore, Roger (MR, FYEO, OP)).

Also, this: I fully believe she would NEVER look for a new 007 while DC is filming. She doesn't want that distraction, and she doesn't want him to have that distraction.

The search for 007 at this point in time is not happening.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I believe the Eon are considering selling after b25 rumor is credible. I have this strange feeling Barbara doesn't want to keep making bond films without Craig. They're also going to need to have two films in the pipe to cement the new actor and they struggle to just get one out.

Wrong. Gregg Wilson will be taking over from his father as co-executive producer on B26.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York

That's true, IF it's designed as a full stop. But if it's not, as I said to a poster just moments ago: this family has a history of negotiating with a popular incumbent after his "last" film (see: Moore, Roger (MR, FYEO, OP)).

Also, this: I fully believe she would NEVER look for a new 007 while DC is filming. She doesn't want that distraction, and she doesn't want him to have that distraction.

Wrong. Gregg Wilson will be taking over from his father as co-executive producer on B26.

Spot on, Peter.

Absolutely nothing wrong with appreciating LALD.
    Absolutely Nothing wrong with appreciating AVTAK. "My name´s St-John-Smythe. I´m English."

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited January 2019 Posts: 2,630

And if I recall correctly, in the "Some Kind of Hero" book, there's a new generation of the Broccoli family who are waiting in the wings at different departments of EON.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Gregg Wilson will be taking over from his father as co-executive producer on B26.
    there's a new generation of the Broccoli family who are waiting in the wings at different departments of EON.

This is all very, very true. Thankfully!

And if I recall correctly, in the "Some Kind of Hero" book, there's a new generation of the Broccoli family who are waiting in the wings at different departments of EON.

@AgentJamesBond007 Really that's interesting who's that?
    LALD is top 10.
  • 007Blofeld wrote: »

This is a Daily Mail summary of a Jan. 18 story by The Sun.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England

There is a useful 4 letter word and you are full of it.

• I actually wouldn't be surprised if Madden was considered though, especially with the success of The Bodyguard and his most recent win at the Golden Globes.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

I agree, its going to happen, and I think SP was also going to be the end but the movie didn't turn out like they hoped. Its clear that was supposed to be Craigs last film, defeating the "author of all his pain", and finding someone to replace Vesper in his heart. There was a symmertery there. Getting the girl and riding off in the aston was Craigs happy ending, which he never got in the other films.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited January 2019 Posts: 2,630

@AgentJamesBond007 Really that's interesting who's that?

Alongside Gregg Wilson, there’s David Wilson (Another of MGW’s son who is vice-president of global business strategy and head of creative and business affairs at Eon’s Screenwriters’ Workshop), Heather Callow (Tina Broccoli’s daughter who works in EON’s publicity department), and Angelica Zollo (Barbara’s daughter who may join EON but her status is unclear, however she has directed/produced a film featuring Daniel Craig's daughter)

[Edited to fix their names]