Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Disney Has Recast The Original Star Wars Trio (& Now A NEW Spinoff Can Happen)

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-recast-luke-han-leia-spinoff-movie/ #-o

This must be BS

It'll never happen, honestly. I'd never heard of this TFA flashback with this new Luke actor. The image they show, he looks nothing like ESB era Mark Hamill. I'm glad they scrapped it.

I heard of the proposed flash back when Rey had the Light Sabre, initially I thought they were going to use ESB footage in TFA.
  • 14Qg9KWBodtCgzjDCttVlVh2AG1aeUIySLqLSZ45XyQ.jpg?w=320&s=8c5f17c8a2c997fc2a6d0c7fb5fb247a

Interesting
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    They can just cgi them young why need new actors?
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 2,107
    I was more inpressed after seeing TFA. I haven't bought any release after TLJ.

TLJ and BF2 broke Star Wars for me. I hope J. J. Abrams makes sw bounce back up. But I don't wish RotJ remake, wrapped in a new packet. I'll wait and see.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    14Qg9KWBodtCgzjDCttVlVh2AG1aeUIySLqLSZ45XyQ.jpg?w=320&s=8c5f17c8a2c997fc2a6d0c7fb5fb247a

Interesting

Looks more like Anakin honestly. :))
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Murdock wrote: »
    14Qg9KWBodtCgzjDCttVlVh2AG1aeUIySLqLSZ45XyQ.jpg?w=320&s=8c5f17c8a2c997fc2a6d0c7fb5fb247a

Interesting

Looks more like Anakin honestly. :))

I can actually see that, but he looks nothing like Luke.
    Disney Has Recast The Original Star Wars Trio (& Now A NEW Spinoff Can Happen)

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-recast-luke-han-leia-spinoff-movie/ #-o

This must be BS

Certainly hope so!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited December 2018 Posts: 23,376

Good God!

Contains swearing
    Kevin Smith Raves About His Experience Visiting ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’ Set, Singles Out One Amazing Performance
    Posted

https://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-episode-9-set/

Smith cries alot lol

The closer Episode 9 gets the reality kicks in how good the film needs to be, I was lucky enough to see the majority of the previous Episodes at the cinema 40 years of story telling is building up to one film. Episode 9 is it the finale the end of the Skywalker Saga, this film needs to be one of the greatest movie ever made.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Smith's cried at the last three Star Wars movies. =))
    Murdock wrote: »
    Smith's cried at the last three Star Wars movies. =))

:)) that is true, that's strong stuff he smokes

He often cries when watching the Flash TV show :))
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Come on, fellas, you gotta love Kev's fanboy enthusiasm. He may not exactly be the world's best filmmaker, but his fan love for all things DC, Marvel and Star Wars radiates positively on all of us. I love to hear the man talk about his passions. While doing so, he fuels my own. And yes, his fanboy tears are a part of that. I can sympathise. I have trouble keeping my eyes dry during certain Star Wars or Batman moments. ;-)
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Come on, fellas, you gotta love Kev's fanboy enthusiasm. He may not exactly be the world's best filmmaker, but his fan love for all things DC, Marvel and Star Wars radiates positively on all of us. I love to hear the man talk about his passions. While doing so, he fuels my own. And yes, his fanboy tears are a part of that. I can sympathise. I have trouble keeping my eyes dry during certain Star Wars or Batman moments. ;-)

I am a Smith fan listened to his Hollywood Babbleon and Fatman on Batman podcasts for years and have most of his movies which I love, Kevin Smith would and does laugh at himself all the time ;)
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns
    Glad to have a fellow Smith fan here.

They should give the man a part in the next Star Wars. :)
    boldfinger wrote: »
    chrisisall wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »
    There wasn't a second Ehrenreich had me miss Ford. Nevertheless, I found the film forgettable, despite enjoying it while it lasted.

I liked it- enough to buy it (eventually). Rogue One is still the jewel of the recent SW films IMHO.
    Rogue One is grossly neglected as far as appreciation of ist visual splendor is concerned.

Yes it is. And it still remains my favourite SW film after Hope and Empire.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns

Agree something similar to the role Simon Pegg had would be great, it would probably be breaking the fourth wall too much if Jay and Silent Bob were loitering on Jakku lol
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns

Agree something similar to the role Simon Pegg had would be great, it would probably be breaking the fourth wall too much if Jay and Silent Bob were loitering on Jakku lol

He's got a voiceover cameo in The Force Awakens.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns

He's got a voiceover cameo in The Force Awakens.

I did not know that, I'll try to spot it next time I watch the film
    BnvgItL0VvBl.jpg

Difficult to make Kevin Smith out, not the best quality
    The official Star Wars site has a page that lists all the voice roles and when they appear. I'd have never found him without it.
    The Mandalorian: Full cast of new Star Wars TV show includes Werner Herzog and Carl Weathers

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/the-mandalorian-full-cast-release-date-star-wars-werner-herzog-boba-fett-carl-weathers-a8681271.html?amp

Impressive cast...

Pedro Pascal

Werner Herzog

Gina Carano

Carl Weathers

Nick Nolte

Giancarlo Esposito

Carl Weathers and Nick Nolte in Star Wars. Never thought I'd see the day.

It certainly adds star power and good acting to the show
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible

Carl Weathers, too? I'd almost feel compelled to watch just for him. Love the guy.

(Carl Weathers for governor-- he was the black guy in Predator)
    mattjoes wrote: »

Carl Weathers, too? I'd almost feel compelled to watch just for him. Love the guy.

I love him too, but do you really have to identify him like that?

One of my favourite movies Predator, you could argue this new show has a better cast than some of the recent films or at least comparable.

Have you seen Carl Weathers in Action Jackson it's a fun movie.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    TR007 wrote: »

Actually, it's a reference to a skit he did on some late night show, promoting himself for governor in just that way. (Nothing sinister!)

One of my favourite movies Predator, you could argue this new show has a better cast than some of the recent films or at least comparable.

I haven't but it's on my radar. The poster has a Bond vibe to it, of course. I've read some reviews and it seems to be an entertaining enough flick.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 1,575

Actually, it's a reference to a skit he did on some late night show, promoting himself for governor in just that way. (Nothing sinister!)

I haven't but it's on my radar. The poster has a Bond vibe to it, of course. I've read some reviews and it seems to be an entertaining enough flick.

He was Apollo Creed in 3 Rocky films as well.
    Rocky was one of the greatest movies ever made.
    001 wrote: »

He was Apollo Creed in 3 Rocky films as well.
    Rocky was one of the greatest movies ever made.

Four Rocky movies.