Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

001 wrote: »
    mattjoes wrote: »
    TR007 wrote: »
    Carl Weathers and Nick Nolte in Star Wars. Never thought I'd see the day.

Carl Weathers, too? I'd almost feel compelled to watch just for him. Love the guy.

(Carl Weathers for governor-- he was the black guy in Predator)

I love him too, but do you really have to identify him like that?
    Actually, it's a reference to a skit he did on some late night show, promoting himself for governor in just that way. (Nothing sinister!)

Carl Weathers and Nick Nolte in Star Wars. Never thought I'd see the day.

Carl Weathers, too? I'd almost feel compelled to watch just for him. Love the guy.

(Carl Weathers for governor-- he was the black guy in Predator)

One of my favourite movies Predator, you could argue this new show has a better cast than some of the recent films or at least comparable.

Have you seen Carl Weathers in Action Jackson it's a fun movie.
    I haven't but it's on my radar. The poster has a Bond vibe to it, of course. I've read some reviews and it seems to be an entertaining enough flick.

He was Apollo Creed in 3 Rocky films as well.
    Rocky was one of the greatest movies ever made.

Four Rocky movies.

Yeah you are right.
    I thought the russian killed him in Rocky 3 but it was Rocky 4.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Awesome fan film...

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

• A teaser and a title soon hopefully! There is a Disney quarterly meeting today and the rumor is we might get something after it.

A teaser and a title soon hopefully! There is a Disney quarterly meeting today and the rumor is we might get something after it.

Cool, will await to see what the next few days brings?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Those days rumors are pointing to "Balance of the Force" as the potential title for EPIX, with a Star Wars purple logo (red+blue=purple).
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    That would be terrible.
    Walecs wrote: »
    That would be terrible.

Personally I don't believe this leak.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 1,964
    You know whats sad? I have not watched a single Star Wars movie since Last Jedi. Thats how much that movie ruined the franchise for me.
    I saw a large part of the return of the Jedi as my youngest daughter was watching in on dvd, moved away before the wrong Anakin was shown at the end.
    Apparently the Balance of the Force leak source was an unknown Reddit user.

To be honest I don't like the title though it would not surprise me if Disney went with it.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 3,157
    Hopefully that was CashleyPersia, so we know it's fake :D

I always liked the fact that all Star Wars movie titles were different - no nouns or verb were repeated. Then The Last Jedi came and that was ruined as Return of the Jedi had the 'Jedi' in it already. I loved the movie, though.

The most rumored titles I heard are Balance of the Force, Son of Darkness, A New Order/A Spark of Hope (so to bookend ANH), Legacy of the Force and Knights of Ren. Because of the reasons above, I don't mind Son of Darkness and Knights of Ren as neither contains a noun/verb which has been used in a title already, but I'm not particularly enthusiastic about either. I dislike Balance of the Force even moreso because 'the Force' has been used in this trilogy already.

My current ranking of the series is:

1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. Rogue One
    3. The Last Jedi
    4. Revenge of the Sith
    5. Return of the Jedi
    6. A New Hope
    7. The Force Awakens
    8. Attack of the Clones
    9. The Phantom Menace
    10. Solo

I don't dislike any of the movies and actually enjoy all of them, though I'm aware none of them is flawless - except ESB, about which I wouldn't change a thing as far as I'm concerned.

I always liked the fact that all Star Wars movie titles were different - no nouns or verb were repeated. Then The Last Jedi came and that was ruined as Return of the Jedi had the 'Jedi' in it already. I loved the movie, though.

The most rumored titles I heard are Balance of the Force, Son of Darkness, A New Order/A Spark of Hope (so to bookend ANH), Legacy of the Force and Knights of Ren. Because of the reasons above, I don't mind Son of Darkness and Knights of Ren as neither contains a noun/verb which has been used in a title already, but I'm not particularly enthusiastic about either. I dislike Balance of the Force even moreso because 'the Force' has been used in this trilogy already.

1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. Rogue One
    3. The Last Jedi
    4. Revenge of the Sith
    5. Return of the Jedi
    6. The Force Awakens
    7. A New Hope
    8. Attack of the Clones
    9. The Phantom Menace
    10. Solo

I don't dislike any of the movies and actually enjoy all of them, though I'm aware none of them is flawless - except ESB, about which I wouldn't change a thing as far as I'm concerned.

I agree using the word Force again in a title is lazy and unamaginative. I have liked the title Knights of Ren for some time though it appears that story arc has been totally abandoned. I think J. J. Will course correct to a degree though the second film IMO has ruined the trilogy.

1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. Rogue One
    3. The Last Jedi
    4. Revenge of the Sith
    5. Return of the Jedi
    6. The Force Awakens
    7. A New Hope
    8. Attack of the Clones
    9. The Phantom Menace
    10. Solo

I agree using the word Force again in a title is lazy and unamaginative. I have liked the title Knights of Ren for some time though it appears that story arc has been totally abandoned. I think J. J. Will course correct to a degree though the second film IMO has ruined the trilogy.

Given the secrecy around the production there’s no confirmation, but it seems like the Knights of Ren are indeed in the movie. JJ introduced them briefly in TFA so since he’s back a potential reprise of this characters makes sense. In the beginning Johnson wanted to use them in TLJ but felt the movie was too crowded, so he decided to save them for the sequel and so he eventually came up with some generic Snoke’s Pretorian guards.
    matt_u wrote: »

1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. Rogue One
    3. The Last Jedi
    4. Revenge of the Sith
    5. Return of the Jedi
    6. The Force Awakens
    7. A New Hope
    8. Attack of the Clones
    9. The Phantom Menace
    10. Solo

Given the secrecy around the production there’s no confirmation, but it seems like the Knights of Ren are indeed in the movie. JJ introduced them briefly in TFA so since he’s back a potential reprise of this characters makes sense. In the beginning Johnson wanted to use them in TLJ but felt the movie was too crowded, so he decided to save them for the sequel and so he eventually came up with some generic Snoke’s Pretorian guards.

Too crowded I am sure many could have given suggestions to Johnson as to what to remove to fit the Knights of Ren in. ;)

I think the knights would make Kylo tantrum more of a threat for sure.

I did wonder initially if Snokes guards were the knights, though soon rejected the idea.

One positive going into Ep 9 is J. J. did have a plan when he started, even if Ep 9 is amazing I will still feel this trilogy was a wasted opportunity.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    The last Jedi was nonsense so I don’t even care what they do with this franchise anymore
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    You know whats sad? I have not watched a single Star Wars movie since Last Jedi. Thats how much that movie ruined the franchise for me.

I'm glad i took the decision to never watch it. In fact i will never watch a future Star Wars film ever again. The P.C crap that infests them makes me want to puke.

I watched Empire Strikes Back recently and it really is one of the greatest fantasy films ever made.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 3,157

1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. Rogue One
    3. The Last Jedi
    4. Revenge of the Sith
    5. Return of the Jedi
    6. The Force Awakens
    7. A New Hope
    8. Attack of the Clones
    9. The Phantom Menace
    10. Solo

IMO the trilogy was ruined the moment they decided to rehash ANH and reset pretty much everything.
    fjdinardo wrote: »

I'm glad i took the decision to never watch it. In fact i will never watch a future Star Wars film ever again. The P.C crap that infests them makes me want to puke.

I watched Empire Strikes Back recently and it really is one of the greatest fantasy films ever made.

You did the right thing. It sucks because I really enjoyed the force awakens and rogue one, but last Jedi was so bad it really ruined everything with me. Im going to watch the last film that comes out in December because maybe it could change my mind and get me back into the series. I trust JJ Abrams to bounce the series back but I don't at the same time. If the movie in December turns out like last Jedi im done with Star Wars for good.
    TLJ was FAR better than TFA, IMO. At least is a movie, not a 2 hours big budget TV series pilot.

Plus, what they did with Luke was pure gold. Not what blind fanboys wanted, something far more better. For me TLJ was the best experience in a cinema since The Tree of Life in 2011.
    TLJ was FAR better than TFA, IMO. At least is a movie, not a 2 hours big budget TV series pilot.

Plus, what they did with Luke was pure gold. Not what blind fanboys wanted, something far more better.

+1

TFA was Abram's opportunity to make his fan celebration about Star Wars.

What TLJ did with Luke had been set up with The Force Awakens. There was no other way to explain Luke's exile, and anti-heroes are much more interesting than flat, invulnerable characters.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Oh, thank god I'm finally seeing more TLJ defenders. I was beginning to worry I was the only one.
    Oh, thank god I'm finally seeing more TLJ defenders. I was beginning to worry I was the only one.

+1
    edited February 2019 Posts: 4,343

Plus, what they did with Luke was pure gold. Not what blind fanboys wanted, something far more better.

+1

TFA was Abram's opportunity to make his fan celebration about Star Wars.

What TLJ did with Luke had been set up with The Force Awakens. There was no other way to explain Luke's exile, and anti-heroes are much more interesting than flat, invulnerable characters.

This. Exactly!
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 1,395
    https://screenrant.com/star-wars-rian-johnson-trilogy-canceled/

Rian Johnson rumored to have removed himself from his planned Star Wars Trilogy.
    Edit : Rian has tweeted a response

All clear.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    wldbekxtbwg21.jpg
    wldbekxtbwg21.jpg

Cool, looking forward too seeing how the trilogy is wrapped up this time round?
    198 days of filming!

Now let’s just reveal the bloody title...
    Im not looking forward to the movie at all thanks to the abortion of episode 8, but im going to see it because I want to see how it ends.