Rambo: Last Blood (September 20, 2019)

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2018 Posts: 23,104
    Great photos though it does not feel the same if Rambo has short hair.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Hell yeah. Very excited. Rambo is one of my favorite movie franchises. I actually prefer them to the Rocky movies. Love both but Rambo is just more my thing.
    Sly has been struggling for year to do this movie at all, saying that 4 had a great ending. So i am very curious to see what made him change his mind.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I think I might pass on this one.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I can hardly wait for the release of this one. :O
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Love Rambo certainly the last one, I wonder if we will get a Rambo death in the part V.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Over on a Stallone site some are panicking as a result of these photos. I think it’s great to begin the film with Rambo at peace, working his family ranch and not looking the same. I wrote,

“Trust me, hair aside, not long into this film we will see Rambo slip into his old skin; once presented with the horrors of the human trafficking, made personal by the abduction of someone close to him, you will see him go to a locker; it’s been unopened for years. Within is his long dormant gear and weapons. The rancher will once again become the warrior.
    It will be an epic moment.”
    I am intrigued by this
    First official look at Rambo 5:

tc0uo4kc5up11.jpg

I did not expect such a Rambo image but I'm okay with it. He looks so badass.
    SS has a great talent of re-invrenting a franchise and bringing something different. People forget he is a sharp cookie and has a great feel for what the audience wants.

Already, we get clues in terms of Rambo settling down (within the USA) and having a sense of purpose rather than the wandering loner. This also implies that he has come to terms with his past and is enjoying the present. Also the younger character would never have the watch so there is perhaps some wealth there. But still a physical, tough dailly job so he is still fit. No desk job. Really interesting.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    patb wrote: »
    SS has a great talent of re-invrenting a franchise and bringing something different. People forget he is a sharp cookie and has a great feel for what the audience wants.

Already, we get clues in terms of Rambo settling down (within the USA) and having a sense of purpose rather than the wandering loner. This also implies that he has come to terms with his past and is enjoying the present. Also the younger character would never have the watch so there is perhaps some wealth there. But still a physical, tough dailly job so he is still fit. No desk job. Really interesting.

He will be very fit, here is a video of Stallone working out for Rambo5. It's just a couple weeks old.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Another pro-Trump movie?
    edited October 2018 Posts: 23,104
    Trump is level headed and reserved in nature, the non violent type...
    3p5m.gif

Would anyone be surprised

Would be great, I reckon.

Would be great, I reckon.

IXapktd.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=5216079
    I looking forward to this; from missing POWs, Russia in Afghanistan to the atrocities in Burma, the Rambo films have frequently dealt with issues that were in the news. The problem of human trafficking is worldwide; the scope of the problem is staggering. Along the border with Mexico human trafficking has become a plague that is a constant concern for citizens and law enforcement.

This is a perfect springboard for a final Rambo film.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    talos7 wrote: »
    I looking forward to this; from missing POWs, Russia in Afghanistan to the atrocities in Burma, the Rambo films have frequently dealt with issues that were in the news. The problem of human trafficking is worldwide; the scope of the problem is staggering. Along the border with Mexico human trafficking has become a plague that is a constant concern for citizens and law enforcement.

This is a perfect springboard for a final Rambo film.
    Exactly!
  • That's one of the best things about the Rambo movies! Stallone likes to bring a piece of the current real world into it!
  • Librarian wrote: »

tc0uo4kc5up11.jpg

Brokeback Rambo?
    OwenDavian wrote: »
    Librarian wrote: »

tc0uo4kc5up11.jpg

Brokeback Rambo?

So of the thousands of westerns, you choose that one? Lol

I'm thinking more of Rambo's "Unforgiven"

• talos7 wrote: »

tc0uo4kc5up11.jpg

Brokeback Rambo?

He looks nothing like Eastwood in Unforgiven. He has the same exact "modern" cowboy look that Heath Ledger has in that movie. Why even call this Rambo?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I love how some are deeming this an awful movie based on a single promotional image being released of him in character, likely at the beginning of the movie before the bloodshed even begins.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I love how some are deeming this an awful movie based on a single promotional image being released of him in character, likely at the beginning of the movie before the bloodshed even begins.

He's reinventing the character for his last film. It's actually kind of realistic if you think about it. Question is, do we need (or want) realism (of this type) in a Rambo movie? Only the final product will tell.
    chrisisall wrote: »

He's reinventing the character for his last film. It's actually kind of realistic if you think about it. Question is, do we need (or want) realism (of this type) in a Rambo movie? Only the final product will tell.

The way I see it, he's working in a border town, and considering he'll be going up against the Mexican cartel, I'd be surprised to see him wearing anything other than the cowhand-type garb he's wearing in these images.
    chrisisall wrote: »

The way I see it, he's working in a border town, and considering he'll be going up against the Mexican cartel, I'd be surprised to see him wearing anything other than the cowhand-type garb he's wearing in these images.

I was actually thinking more about his hair length, to be honest. ;)
  • It looks like, for a while, he had his happy ending after Rambo (4).
    But with his ranch in Arizona, and the rumored plot involving the Mexican drug cartel, it looks like trouble comes his way
    Ehh, long or short, I couldn't care less. I gave up on such trivialities after the Mission: Impossible series lost its short-to-long hair consistency with Cruise. My OCD didn't like that one.
    talos7 wrote: »

tc0uo4kc5up11.jpg

Brokeback Rambo?

He looks nothing like Eastwood in Unforgiven. He has the same exact "modern" cowboy look that Heath Ledger has in that movie. Why even call this Rambo?

That, is a fascinating analysis...

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Rio Rambo. I'm all in, pilgr'm.