What's your cup of tea?

Comments

During a bad cold I discovered ginger tea with honey, which is a great drink. You also can get it with lemon or tumeric, which is obviously also good for you. There are many brands.

If you are hardcore you make it yourself! With grated ginger, fresh lemons, honey...
    1554558-picard_earl_grey_hot_super.png
    I like tea bags less and less and take now loose leaves tea. Now that autumn is here I take more spicy tea. Had Vietnamese tea recently. A black brew that was very smooth. Really enjoyable.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    jobo wrote: »
    During a bad cold I discovered ginger tea with honey, which is a great drink. You also can get it with lemon or tumeric, which is obviously also good for you. There are many brands.

If you are hardcore you make it yourself! With grated ginger, fresh lemons, honey...

Yes, that is what I always did earlier. Then I found this Asian shop that sells all kinds. Using fresh ingredients is preferable though, when at hand.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I like tea bags less and less and take now loose leaves tea. Now that autumn is here I take more spicy tea. Had Vietnamese tea recently. A black brew that was very smooth. Really enjoyable.

Wait for winter and start drinking Lapsung. Love the stuff!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    What do we think about DeCaff tea? Personally, I'm against it.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Dragonpol wrote: »

An evil result of getting marketing people into tea companies.
    edited October 2018 Posts: 17,810

An evil result of getting marketing people into tea companies.

I've heard it said that the chemicals they use to remove the caffeine from the tea are much worse for you than the caffeine would have been in the first place.

My mother made me a cup recently and I knew straight away as it had an odd chemical taste. I wouldn't knowingly drink it. I think it's utter rot!
    The whole point of tea (green teas in my case) is to get the nutrients and goodness out of it...DeCaff is something I would never go for...whats the point ?
    DeCaff is only acceptable if you happen to have ADHD ;)
    I'd recommend the azorean orange pekoe blend from the Gorreana 1883 company. With a drop of milk on a foggy day, it's bliss.
    DeCaff is only acceptable if you happen to have ADHD ;)

It's probably the root cause of ADHD.
    If you don't want caffeine then I say drink rooibos or brews that are naturally without caffeine.
    If you don't want caffeine then I say drink rooibos or brews that are naturally without caffeine.

Yes, I was going to say that. I like Rooibos or redbush tea and as you say it's naturally caffeine free which is the best of both worlds I would say. Tick Tock and Tetley are two of the readily available Rooibos teas in the UK.

Yes, I was going to say that. I like Rooibos or redbush tea and as you say it's naturally caffeine free which is the best of both worlds I would say. Tick Tock and Tetley are two of the readily available Rooibos teas in the UK.

I just don't understand the problem with cafaine, tea is hardly like red bull now is it. A cup of heaven just has less then half of a cup of coffee?

I just don't understand the problem with cafaine, tea is hardly like red bull now is it. A cup of heaven just has less then half of a cup of coffee?

I think there is a common misconception that tea has as much cafaine as coffee.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I had no idea we had a tea thread! Yay!
    I love tea, drink it every day.

Chai is my favorite. I also love Darjeeling and Oolong.
    Interesting fact: the world over we use similar words for tea. The 'tea' version (Dutch: Thee, etc) came to us through the seafaring routes and is the same Chinese word (sounds like) tea but from a coastal accent. The 'Chai' version (India, Russia, etc.) is the same word from an inlad dialect and follows the silk route.
    Norwegian: te.
    Norwegian: te.

indeed, so it's the sea farers word.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I cannot drink coffee; there must be something in it besides more caffeine. I get heart palpitations. Since about age 20; so that is off limits. But I love tea. I do use sugar, though. ;)
    I cannot drink coffee; there must be something in it besides more caffeine. I get heart palpitations. Since about age 20; so that is off limits. But I love tea. I do use sugar, though. ;)

Blasphemy!
    Sugar is out of the question, but honey is fine. Preferably Norwegian heather honey.
    Sorry to spoil your tea thread with this question guys, but is there a coffee thread on the forum? There's got to be some people here that just loves coffee like I do! :D
    Sorry to spoil your tea thread with this question guys, but is there a coffee thread on the forum? There's got to be some people here that just loves coffee like I do! :D

I do as well! But should we open a thread for everything in the world we love? I also love my girlfriend. And my dog... Fancy a thread dedicated to them? ;)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I love tomato juice. I demand my own tomato juice thread!

I do as well! But should we open a thread for everything in the world we love? I also love my girlfriend. And my dog... Fancy a thread dedicated to them? ;)

Haha, true! :))
    Coffee is as big a topic as tea, though; coffee makers (regular automatic ones, manual pour-over's), coffee beans, etc.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I love tomato juice. I demand my own tomato juice thread!

What about an "everything tomato" thread? Tomato soup is great!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Torgeirtrap

I think you might be on to something.

Ketchup for lunch, Tomato soup late at night.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @Torgeirtrap

I think you might be on to something.

Ketchup for lunch, Tomato soup late at night.

Don't forget the side salad with tomato in it, pizza of course (no pizza without tomato in one form or the other!), and a sandwich with cheese and tomato. :D
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Swiss Force French Press Bodum. 34 ounces. Four heaping scoops of freshly and finely ground coffee. Pour boiled water to the top. With a wooden spoon, give it a few, quick swirls. Let sit for eight-to-ten minutes. Press. Pour. Drink. Heaven.

(no tea for me. Like Fleming and Bond, I could never stand it, much to the chagrin of my father who was, as a young man, a tea-taster in India!!)