What's your cup of tea?

Comments

barryt007 wrote: »
    jobo wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I hate tea. I need buckets of sugar to swallow even one cup down. It's bitter and flat. If I want caffeine, I'll drink a Red Bull. ;-)

Even James Bond agrees with me. Fleming's Bond drinks coffee, never tea.

You just insulted the entire British Empire! :O ;)

DD i love you old chap,but no no no no no ............i recommend 5 'God Save the Queens' and a whole pot of Earl Grey or i will never forgive you..
    @DarthDimi

This made me think of the QI episode where Stephen Fry, Alan Davies, Dara Ó Briain and Rob Brydon talks tea pots. For those of you who drink tea, should you never wash the pot?

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Well, I'm sorry, chaps. Fleming and I both seem convinced that tea is undrinkable. I've tried it all. From Earl Grey to Iced Tea. Nothing worked for me.

Until I stumbled across an Indian Ginger Tea. Then I discovered it wasn't tea at all, but hot lemon juice with some serious dose of ginger in it. Now I love that lemon/ginger thing, but I'm not a step closer to enjoying tea. ;-)

But please, gents, don't be angry with me. I am well aware of my shortcomings. ;-)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I hate tea. I need buckets of sugar to swallow even one cup down. It's bitter and flat. If I want caffeine, I'll drink a Red Bull. ;-)

My dear friend, you ar SO wrong! eh, mistaken. First off, Bond only had surrogate tea at his disposal (an should have some un-Britishness to him) so Fleming's mistake can be forgiven, but tea is 1. not bitter. and 2. not flat.
    If you find it bitter you have either inferior tea or you were too slow with the water, ending with not-boiling water on your tea.

@strog's quote of Douglas Adams is actually the best way to make tea indeed.

I drink loose leaf tea, prevereably from Java. Sumatra is a favorite too and in cold weather I drink Lapsang. Or whisky.

At the moment, when I drink tea, it's always green tea with mint, probably due to the fact that I was born in Algeria (back when it was still french). I have drunk Earl grey (black), and even made a cake with it (liked it, but of course I would). I may try mate in the future, if I can find any near where I live.

My dear friend, you ar SO wrong! eh, mistaken. First off, Bond only had surrogate tea at his disposal (an should have some un-Britishness to him) so Fleming's mistake can be forgiven, but tea is 1. not bitter. and 2. not flat.
    If you find it bitter you have either inferior tea or you were too slow with the water, ending with not-boiling water on your tea.

I drink loose leaf tea, prevereably from Java. Sumatra is a favorite too and in cold weather I drink Lapsang. Or whisky.

I agree. If the tea tastes bitter, you have done something wrong!
  • I drink loose leaf tea, prevereably from Java. Sumatra is a favorite too and in cold weather I drink Lapsang. Or whisky.

If whiskey counts as tea, I'm a bigger fan than I thought.

If whiskey counts as tea, I'm a bigger fan than I thought.

+1!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Just read a paper headline that drinking tea increases the Risk of cancer ...... So one more thing to add to the list.
    Just read a paper headline that drinking tea increases the Risk of cancer ...... So one more thing to add to the list.

These 'scientists' sure are bored arnt they.

They said the same thing about apples about 10 years ago and soon retracted the comment.

Absolutely everything in the world has at some been claimed to increase the risk of cancer. Even bread! It is usually just bullshit from "scientists" that want to make a headline for themselves...
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

They told us it was good for us as it was high in antioxidants. It all goes round in circles.
    Yes. Just eat and drink what you like. According to the experts it's all going to kill us anyhow.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited February 2018 Posts: 17,729
    Yes. Just eat and drink what you like. According to the experts it's all going to kill us anyhow.

It's the butter or margarine debate all over again! Again, it seems to be cyclical to the outside observer. The only two certainties in life are death and taxes.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

Probably only bitter tea.....

I feel the same about coffee. But I don't drink tea like the English: I never add milk nor sugar.
    Neither do I, even though I learned to drink it that way in one of teir former colonies. It's odd though that the English are associated with drinking tea so much, even though it's quite hard to get a proper cuppa over there.
    Neither do I, even though I learned to drink it that way in one of teir former colonies. It's odd though that the English are associated with drinking tea so much, even though it's quite hard to get a proper cuppa over there.

It's ironic because at its core tea is so un British: a non alcoholic drink made with delicate aromatic herbs. And it became popular in the island of bland food. But not before spoiling it with milk.
    Ludovico wrote: »

It's ironic because at its core tea is so un British: a non alcoholic drink made with delicate aromatic herbs. And it became popular in the island of bland food. But not before spoiling it with milk.

Careful people.....there are Brits on here...................................like me.

Careful people.....there are Brits on here...................................like me.

My wife is British. Incidentally she hates tea.

My wife is British. Incidentally she hates tea.

Hahaha sods law.... ;)

@barryt007 reading that comment :))
    giphy.gif

Now that is one hell of a burn ;))

@barryt007 reading that comment :))
    giphy.gif

I found some cleaning whipes for you @barryt007

packaging9.jpg
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I bet cleaning tea stains from his crotch is not the only thing Barry would use those for !
    Scoundrels the lot of you !!!!!!!!!!!

Scoundrels I say !!!!!

@Torgeirtrap @CommanderRoss @Mrcoggins
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator

Scoundrels I say !!!!!

Would you like me to ban them Barry? I can do that, I have the buttons.
    NicNac wrote: »

Scoundrels I say !!!!!

Ooh that's tempting Nackers,wadya reckon eh ?!

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator

Scoundrels I say !!!!!

Well, the only problem is when I have to log the reason I banned them, and they see I've written 'because I'm bored', it may not go down too well. :)

Scoundrels I say !!!!!

Well, the only problem is when I have to log the reason I banned them, and they see I've written 'because I'm bored', it may not go down too well. :)

Aaah well,at least the thought was there,much appreciated Brother ;)

From "Lock, stock and Two smoking Barrels"

Eddie: The entire British empire was built on cups of tea...

Bacon: Yeah, and look what happened to that.

Eddie: ...And if you think I'm going to war without one, mate, you're mistaken.