What's your cup of tea?

Comments

JamesCraig wrote: »
    Green tea with lemon. ;)

I have a selection of green teas at work :

Pure/lemon/ginger/pomegranate/blueberry & blackberry & mint....yum yum.

Drinking a mint green tea right now actually !
    Any matcha drinkers out there? Just curious... ;)
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Green tea with lemon. ;)

I have a selection of green teas at work :

Pure/lemon/ginger/pomegranate/blueberry & blackberry & mint....yum yum.

Drinking a mint green tea right now actually !

Sweet. But not the Lipton stuff. I usually buy my tea at Oxfam.

If you got any other brands to recommend... ;)

• edited August 2019 Posts: 19,339
    I use Twinings.
    As does the Royal Family I will have you know !
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,497
    I use Twinings.

Yes, but I'm not really a Royal Family lover.

I must take my political views out of the equation. ;)
    I use Twinings.

Yes, but I'm not really a Royal Family lover.

I must take my political views out of the equation. ;)

When it comes to good tea,indeed you must,old pal !!
  • emawalker9999emawalker9999 United States
    edited February 2020 Posts: 1
    Mod edit: Spammer banned - Content Deleted.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Tea from a machine???????
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    How 'bout no tea at all? I can't stand the bitterness of tea, to be perfectly honest. :(
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    How 'bout no tea at all? I can't stand the bitterness of tea, to be perfectly honest. :(

then you've never learned to make a proper cup of tea my friend. Tea isn't bitter at all. The trick is to put the still boiling water on the black tea, and not let it cool down to quickly. If the water isn't hot enough the tea will get bitter.

Mind you, with green tea (not fermented) it goes the other way 'round. Then the water should not boil.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

then you've never learned to make a proper cup of tea my friend. Tea isn't bitter at all. The trick is to put the still boiling water on the black tea, and not let it cool down to quickly. If the water isn't hot enough the tea will get bitter.

Mind you, with green tea (not fermented) it goes the other way 'round. Then the water should not boil.

I had no idea, to be frank. I used to consume buckets of sugar in order to swallow down one cup of tea--all because tea is supposed to be healthy. You see the irony, no? :) I'll take your advice and start experimenting again, dear sir.

Bitter? I think you've been drinking the wrong tea. Plus (although I never add it personally) there are those who swear by 2 spoons of sugar.

I generally drink Earl Grey. Usually Twinings. But Dilmah is a Sri Lankan brand I've recently come across that is excellent.

For your bog standard cuppa I have to say PG isn't bad.

And for something a bit more unusual I really recommend Lapsang souchong. Smoky and characterful.
    vDkrp1G.jpg

Rosehip. ;)
    I love Lapsang, but I'd definately not reccommend to someone who thinks tea is bitter. If you make that the wrong way....
    I'm feeling a bit like a tea orphan: David's Tea has been in trouble (not that I can buy any here) and Jollybrew doesn't exist anymore. There's still Serendipity and Tea Pigs, thankfully.
  • I been drinking tea 2-3 times a day everyday since childhood. I don't drink coffee, so tea is essential to my existence. I stick to loose leaf teas... usually green, jasmine, or Earl Grey in the mornings and afternoons. After dinner, I brew herbal tea from some combination of chamomile, mint, fennel, honey, ginger (especially in winter), hibiscus and dried berries. Every once in a while I'll splurge on a white tea.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I'm feeling a bit like a tea orphan: David's Tea has been in trouble (not that I can buy any here) and Jollybrew doesn't exist anymore. There's still Serendipity and Tea Pigs, thankfully.

I believe David's Tea still does delivery. It'd be sad to see them complete close down. Pre-pandemic they were my go-to spot during the work day.
    I been drinking tea 2-3 times a day everyday since childhood. I don't drink coffee, so tea is essential to my existence. I stick to loose leaf teas... usually green, jasmine, or Earl Grey in the mornings and afternoons. After dinner, I brew herbal tea from some combination of chamomile, mint, fennel, honey, ginger (especially in winter), hibiscus and dried berries. Every once in a while I'll splurge on a white tea.

I believe David's Tea still does delivery. It'd be sad to see them complete close down. Pre-pandemic they were my go-to spot during the work day.

I think tea drinking people are more balanced than coffee drinkers. Just my personal observation. Except for before my morning cuppa.....
    I been drinking tea 2-3 times a day everyday since childhood. I don't drink coffee, so tea is essential to my existence. I stick to loose leaf teas... usually green, jasmine, or Earl Grey in the mornings and afternoons. After dinner, I brew herbal tea from some combination of chamomile, mint, fennel, honey, ginger (especially in winter), hibiscus and dried berries. Every once in a while I'll splurge on a white tea.

As I'm an expat living in the UK, I can't have it delivered here. I discovered them in 2013 in one of my trios to Montreal, it was love at first sight. Sadly I think they expanded too quickly: too many shops, too wide a range maybe. Their accessories use to look gorgeous, especially in autumn, now not so much.
    Did I mention the Tea People here? From what I remember they brew good stuff: https://teapeople.co.uk/
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I'm still on my trusty PG Tips though I have bought some other teas of late so I must give some of them a try soon to see how they compare.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2021 Posts: 23,346
    Currently black tea due to me fasting.
    The brand is PG Tips.
    The brand is PG Tips.

Fasting? Interesting.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2021 Posts: 23,346
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    The brand is PG Tips.

Fasting? Interesting.

For health purposes put a bit of weight on through over eating.

edited May 2021 Posts: 17,805
    The brand is PG Tips.

Fasting? Interesting.

I understand. Haven't we all? I'm trying to reduce myself through increased exercise, especially walking. I could do with following your example.
    The brand is PG Tips.

Fasting? Interesting.

I understand. Haven't we all. I'm trying to reduce myself through increased exercise, especially walking. I could do with following your example.

I weight train 5 days a week though had a injury and mobility was not great for three months and just ate a lot.

Warmer weather now so naturally we walk outside more which helps, I go hiking steep inclines are good for burning calories.
    The brand is PG Tips.

Fasting? Interesting.

I understand. Haven't we all. I'm trying to reduce myself through increased exercise, especially walking. I could do with following your example.

I weight train 5 days a week though had a injury and mobility was not great for three months and just ate a lot.

Warmer weather now so naturally we walk outside more which helps, I go hiking steep inclines are good for burning calories.

That's an admirable amount of keeping fit that you do. I hope that you're feeling better again now. You're right that the good weather is a good excuse to get out and exercise.
    The brand is PG Tips.

Fasting? Interesting.

That's an admirable amount of keeping fit that you so. I hope that you're feeling better again now. You're right that the good weather is a good excuse to get out and exercise.

Always kept fit though now I am in my mid to late 40's I plan to live as long as I can :) I think as we get older we become more health conscious.
    The brand is PG Tips.

Fasting? Interesting.

That's an admirable amount of keeping fit that you so. I hope that you're feeling better again now. You're right that the good weather is a good excuse to get out and exercise.

Always kept fit though now I am in my mid to late 40's I plan to live as long as I can :) I think as we get older we become more health conscious.

Yes, as I get older I realise that regular exercise is important on so many levels. Living to die another day is a good approach to life generally. We certainly do become more health conscious as we age and mortality beckons.

Perhaps I should return to drinking green tea again. I remember @barryt007 saying on this thread that he put two green teabags into his mug and that made it stronger. I'll have to try that as before that I always thought green tea was quite anaemic in nature, especially when milk is added.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I have no interest in keeping healthy as when I go I want my body to be
    well and truly used out ;) So for me it always has to be a good big mug
    of Builders Tea...... and a biscuit or two
    I have no interest in keeping healthy as when I go I want my body to be
    well and truly used out ;) So for me it always has to be a good big mug
    of Builders Tea...... and a biscuit or two

Builder's Tea reminds me of this sketch from fonejacker: