What's your cup of tea?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2021 Posts: 23,328
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Currently black tea due to me fasting.
    The brand is PG Tips.

Fasting? Interesting.

For health purposes put a bit of weight on through over eating.

I understand. Haven't we all. I'm trying to reduce myself through increased exercise, especially walking. I could do with following your example.

I weight train 5 days a week though had a injury and mobility was not great for three months and just ate a lot.

Warmer weather now so naturally we walk outside more which helps, I go hiking steep inclines are good for burning calories.

That's an admirable amount of keeping fit that you so. I hope that you're feeling better again now. You're right that the good weather is a good excuse to get out and exercise.

Always kept fit though now I am in my mid to late 40's I plan to live as long as I can :) I think as we get older we become more health conscious.

Yes, as I get older I realise that regular exercise is important on so many levels. Living to die another day is a good approach to life generally. We certainly do become more health conscious as we age and mortality beckons.

Perhaps I should return to drinking green tea again. I remember @barryt007 saying on this thread that he put two green teabags into his mug and that made it stronger. I'll have to try that as before that I always thought green tea was quite anaemic in nature, especially when milk is added.

Tea and coffee is OK in moderation very low calorie (I don't have sugar, honey on rare occasion) , in fact I often rely on both of them for a boost.

Someone told me a long time ago go for walk thirty minutes a day that's a good foundation to start from when it comes to health.

Hopefully @barryt007 will return to the site.
    The brand is PG Tips.

Fasting? Interesting.

Off topic, but not sure it's the best way to lose weight: I understand your body gets in starvation mode and ultimately you might gain weight.

On topic: Serendipity went down recently. I'm a tea orphan yet again. And I've got little Vietnamese tea left. My local eco friendly organic shop is trying to find their suppliers.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    The brand is PG Tips.

Fasting? Interesting.

Off topic, but not sure it's the best way to lose weight: I understand your body gets in starvation mode and ultimately you might gain weight.

On topic: Serendipity went down recently. I'm a tea orphan yet again. And I've got little Vietnamese tea left. My local eco friendly organic shop is trying to find their suppliers.

Fasting to lose weight can work as long as you know what you're doing.
    I have done extensive research Its actually Intermittent Fasting I have a 8 hour window in which I eat then 16 hours without any calorie intake.

I am monitoring all my food and recording it and its actually made me eat healthier and I am snacking less which is a big thing for me.

I have a pint of water prior to breaking the fast which has Lime, Apple cider vinegar, Cayan pepper, ginger, cinnamon, Himalayan salt, potassium prior to my first light meal.

Weight loss is a side benefit really, its good for general health and I am sleeping so much better than I was.

I have lost around 4kg in two weeks. Though I do weight train five days a week and also do Russian Kettlebell and Mace bell training, cycling and go rucking and kick boxing and boxing workouts on my kick bag (interval training) so I burn a lot of calories which helps.
    All right I'll shut up, you obviously know what you're doing (and are far more committed than I ever was, I lost weight by eating fish and walking up and down the hill in Liverpool, but that was years ago). And sorry to derail this thread. Oh one advantage of tea regarding weight loss: without milk and sugar, it has a zero calories intake.
    All right I'll shut up, you obviously know what you're doing (and are far more committed than I ever was, I lost weight by eating fish and walking up and down the hill in Liverpool, but that was years ago). And sorry to derail this thread. Oh one advantage of tea regarding weight loss: without milk and sugar, it has a zero calories intake.

Its quite alright I enjoy any discussion :) One thing I have realised with watching my food is the calories you can consume with tea and coffee, I have been using an app to scan bar codes of food I usually consume and was surprised how many calories are in coffee sachets I have regularly, I hasten to add I have cut down on them.

I am fortunate I stopped taking sugar with tea and coffee a few years ago so that one less concern. Never really had a sweet tooth.

Protein is good not just for nutrition though also as it is more filling than say Carbs, I eat a lot of fish and seafood.
    Perhaps I should return to drinking green tea again. I remember @barryt007 saying on this thread that he put two green teabags into his mug and that made it stronger. I'll have to try that as before that I always thought green tea was quite anaemic in nature, especially when milk is added.

Adding milk to green tea? That's as suspicious as red wine with fish!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited May 2021 Posts: 17,804

Adding milk to green tea? That's as suspicious as red wine with fish!

Not the done thing then? I'm giving my villainy away too easily. I suppose it's weak enough on its own and doesn't need any more watering down but I can't take tea without milk I'm afraid.
    Milk is barbaric for any tea imo. Heck, it's barbaric for any adult to drink it. It's the drink of the primitive and the Id. Alex in A Clockwork Orange drinks milk, so I rest my case. If someone drinks tea with milk in a Bond movie, or simply milk, I'd say he's a villain.
    Milk is barbaric for any tea imo. Heck, it's barbaric for any adult to drink it. It's the drink of the primitive and the Id. Alex in A Clockwork Orange drinks milk, so I rest my case. If someone drinks tea with milk in a Bond movie, or simply milk, I'd say he's a villain.

Well in A Clockwork Orange they drink Milk Plus (or Moloko Plus) of course which is milk spiked with barbiturates. Always good for a bit of the old "ultraviolence" and fine to add to tea I'm sure you'd agree! ;)

Well in A Clockwork Orange they drink Milk Plus of course which has a few additives. ;)

Yes but the image is there. Anthony Burgess made Alex drink milk to show is innocence, but I suspect it was also to show his savagery.

Well in A Clockwork Orange they drink Milk Plus of course which has a few additives. ;)

Yes but the image is there. Anthony Burgess made Alex drink milk to show is innocence, but I suspect it was also to show his savagery.

Yes, Burgess was good with the old symbolism and nice that it had a double edged meaning too.

Is your hatred for milk a result of the ludovico treatment you had? ;)
    @Ludovico is right about drinking milk being a sure sign of Bond villainy as the following picture shows:

milk%2Blee%2Bb.jpg

And not forgetting of course that Roger Moore as Bond had a predilection for milk as these two 1970s adverts for the Milk Marketing Board show:

jobo wrote: »

Is your hatred for milk a result of the ludovico treatment you had? ;)

I actually love milk. But with a dessert. And while I love it I acknowledge that it's not normal for an adult to drink it. But yeah, when I have a dessert I either have it with tea or milk.
    3264-1532336916.jpg
    e809fc51add7395ca96615aee42929c1.jpg
    'Someone mention Milk'
    I think it's most uncivilised to drink tea without milk. I just can't get my head around the appeal of it. I understand that some people don't like milk of course but I find tea to be very bitter without milk. I suppose you also have to wait until it cools down or add a little water to drink it instead.
  • edited May 2021 Posts: 14,824
    3264-1532336916.jpg
    'Someone mention Milk'

I rest my case. Milk is not good news. In fact, Necros is pretty much the Grim Reaper there.
    I think it's most uncivilised to drink tea without milk. I just can't get my head around the appeal of it. I understand that some people don't like milk of course but I find tea to be very bitter without milk. I suppose you also have to wait until it cools down or add a little water to drink it instead.

Only the Brits add milk to tea. I think it spoils the flavour. You don't need to add milk to take away the bitterness, just don't put the leaves too long in the water. There are a lot of Asian teas that are very smooth and have very little if any bitterness.
    3264-1532336916.jpg
    'Someone mention Milk'

I rest my case. Milk is not good news. In fact, Necros is pretty much the Grim Reaper there.

Only the Brits add milk to tea. I think it spoils the flavour. You don't need to add milk to take away the bitterness, just don't put the leaves too long in the water. There are a lot of Asian teas that are very smooth and have very little if any bitterness.

So it turns out we're the ones who are uncivilised then! How typically British of me to think it was the other way around. The imperialist strain obviously dies hard. ;)
    3264-1532336916.jpg
    'Someone mention Milk'

So it turns out we're the ones who are uncivilised then! How typically British of me to think it was the other way around. The imperialist strain obviously dies hard. ;)

Well yeah of course. You used to paint your face to go to battle and many still do when watching football. No wonder you add tea to milk.

On a side note, one cool picture of A Clockwork Orange with tea (I asked the photographer and it's mint tea, not Orange Pekoe):
    The most jarring tea-drinking experience I've ever had was in a village in Bashkortostan, Russia, where they put a spoonful of sour cream in my tea... with cucumbers dipped in honey as dessert. The latter was tolerable, but not tea with sour cream!
    The most jarring tea-drinking experience I've ever had was in a village in Bashkortostan, Russia, where they put a spoonful of sour cream in my tea... with cucumbers dipped in honey as dessert. The latter was tolerable, but not tea with sour cream!

This is my 14,000th post on MI6 Community so I'm going to try to make it a good one. :)

"May I press you to a cucumber sandwich?" comes to mind there, @GeneralGogol, and I'm sure you were in your element in Russia. ;)
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    @Ludovico, I find your milk thing most interesting. What do you drink with meals then?
    @Ludovico, I find your milk thing most interesting. What do you drink with meals then?

Water, tea and orange juice at breakfast. Milk with desserts or by itself if I need something filling.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO

Sour cream and tea sounds disgusting.

Any kind of dairy added to tea is imo. That said I do like a London Fog, bit I consider it more a sort of hot milk with Earl Grey flavour than a proper tea. And of course tea is delicious with dessert, because the hot drink "breaks" the fat and sugar. No need to pour milk into your tea!

Any kind of dairy added to tea is imo. That said I do like a London Fog, bit I consider it more a sort of hot milk with Earl Grey flavour than a proper tea. And of course tea is delicious with dessert, because the hot drink "breaks" the fat and sugar. No need to pour milk into your tea!

What was your opinion on milk and tea again? It seems a tad unclear... You should probably repeat it about ten times more so I'm sure I understand ;)
    Tea doesn't come in cups.

It's a glass of tea -- with plenty of ice cubes, sugar and a dash of lemon.

At least in the American South, that is.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited May 2021 Posts: 5,869
    For me: no hot drinks. I've never personally understood them. I don't find them satisfying or refreshing. I just enjoy a glass of cold (probably orange and pineapple) squash... :)