What's your cup of tea?

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    CraterGuns wrote: »
    Tea doesn't come in cups.

It's a glass of tea -- with plenty of ice cubes, sugar and a dash of lemon.

At least in the American South, that is.

Interesting way to take it there. That sounds like iced tea then. I'd change the thread title to include glasses but I think it's catchy enough sounding as it stands. ;)
    Denbigh wrote: »
    For me: no hot drinks. I've never personally understood them. I don't find them satisfying or refreshing. I just enjoy a glass of cold (probably orange and pineapple) squash... :)

On a cold day, a hot drink is comforting.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'm with @Denbigh. I've never understood the need for a hot beverage when I'm thirsty. A cool drink, both when I'm hot or cold, is still my preference. But the soon-to-be missus Dimi is the opposite. I make her cups of tea all year long and she prefers them over something that came out of the fridge.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I'm with @Denbigh. I've never understood the need for a hot beverage when I'm thirsty. A cool drink, both when I'm hot or cold, is still my preference. But the soon-to-be missus Dimi is the opposite. I make her cups of tea all year long and she prefers them over something that came out of the fridge.

Apparently hot tea is supposed to cool you down on a hot day.
    Ludovico wrote: »

That is, indeed, what science says. I just prefer a cool glass of sparkling water instead. ;-)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    So an ice cold drink will warm you up on a cold day? It s the same type of science.
    So an ice cold drink will warm you up on a cold day? It s the same type of science.

I suggest we conduct a few forum experiments. ;-)

That is, indeed, what science says. I just prefer a cool glass of sparkling water instead. ;-)

I prefer water myself on a hot day. But I do like tea on a cold one.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Regarding milk I have gone from drinking 8 pints in 2 days (I know excessive), to drinking 2 pints in 3 days over that last few weeks, quite a turn around.

I thank calorie counting for that.
    Regarding milk I have gone from drinking 8 pints in 2 days (I know excessive), to drinking 2 pints in 3 days over that last few weeks, quite a turn around.

I need to cut down on desserts and milk really. And stick to tea (or rooibos at night) when I do eat desserts.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I need to cut down on desserts and milk really. And stick to tea (or rooibos at night) when I do eat desserts.

Every time I had a protein shake I was using milk, now using water. And cereal I would fill to top of the bowl, now I use around 125ml in cereal. Then I would randomly just drink pints of milk which I have stopped completely. been only having milk in coffee and tea is always black now.

Agreed with some baking and deserts it is easy to use a lot of milk, I have cut out deserts, I only have an occasional yogurt.
    Trying to lose weight?
    edited May 2021 Posts: 23,378
    Trying to lose weight?

Yeah so far lost 6kg in just over 3 weeks, I do a lot of fitness and weight training though recently I have been eating way too many calories so needed to do something about it. Also long term I recognised I needed to tweak my nutition intake so been doing online courses on the subject as well as extensive research.

I went through a period of not training for various reasons and restarted roughly a year ago, this time last year I was 17 and a half stone now I am 14 stone 12lbs. Now I just want to get as lean as possible, so nutrition will help me attain my goal.
    edited May 2021 Posts: 23,553
    Trying to lose weight?

Yeah so far lost 6kg in just over 3 weeks, I do a lot of fitness and weight training though recently I have been eating way too many calories so needed to do something about it. Also long term I recognised I needed to tweak my nutition intake so been doing online courses on the subject as well as extensive research.

I went through a period of not training for various reasons and restarted roughly a year ago, this time last year I was 17 and a half stone now I am 14 stone 12lbs. Now I just want to get as lean as possible, so nutrition will help me attain my goal.

Good luck, mate.
    Careful with what you read online. I myself try to avoid sugar and most carbs. My focus is on proteins from chicken, eggs, fish and other sources but no shakes. I consume good fats like olive oil and avocado but no transfats. I eat vegetables and a little cheese instead of snacks. My only vice is caffeine. 😉 It helps that I studied biochemistry to understand the effect of food on the body, although in the end, we're all different and the quickest and safest path towards weight loss is different for us all too.

I take hour-long walks if the weather allows it and combine a lot of hometrainer exercises with watching movies but I don't do fitness in a club or lift weights. The former because I know I wouldn't be able to keep up with any programme, the latter because of back scoliosis. So hours and hours upon hours of walking or riding the hometrainer is my way of burning as many calories as I can. 😉

It is a commitment, for sure, but it pays off.
    edited May 2021 Posts: 23,378
    Trying to lose weight?

Good luck, mate.
    Careful with what you read online. I myself try to avoid sugar and most carbs. My focus is on proteins from chicken, eggs, fish and other sources but no shakes. I consume good fats like olive oil and avocado but no transfats. I eat vegetables and a little cheese instead of snacks. My only vice is caffeine. 😉 It helps that I studied biochemistry to understand the effect of food on the body, although in the end, we're all different and the quickest and safest path towards weight loss is different for us all too.

I take hour-long walks if the weather allows it and combine a lot of hometrainer exercises with watching movies but I don't do fitness in a club or lift weights. The former because I know I wouldn't be able to keep up with any programme, the latter because of back scoliosis. So hours and hours upon hours of walking or riding the hometrainer is my way of burning as many calories as I can. 😉

It is a commitment, for sure, but it pays off.

Thank you to be honest I am reeping the benefits as I feel so much better, It's great when that committment becomes second nature.

My food intake is very similar to what you mentioned I eat plenty of veg every day always steamed. I make a point of avoiding carbs and fats together especially first meal of the day (I avoid unhealthy fats now, I never buy take away at all). I eat a lot of lean protien and most of my carbs are from veg. I have also cut down of fructose considerably.

Walking is very underrated I had two walks today both around forty minutes, I seek out steep Inclines (hills, mounts and cliffs) and lots of steep steps which is easy to find here.

Since I have been interminant fasting I very rarely snack which is what I wanted.

Thankfully I have started to accumulate enough knowledge to spot bad advice, especially from YouTubers claiming to be experts, I am always weary of anyone who opens with trying to sell a fitness product.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns
    You seem very well informed. Reap those rewards!
    Right now, I am putting in extra effort because in less than two months the girlfriend and I will tie the knot and I want to look my best Bond in a suit as I can. 😉 I am even trying to reduce my caffeine intake.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns
    You seem very well informed. Reap those rewards!
    Right now, I am putting in extra effort because in less than two months the girlfriend and I will tie the knot and I want to look my best Bond in a suit as I can. 😉 I am even trying to reduce my caffeine intake.

That's a very good incentive indeed congratulations.

I still drink a lot of coffee well some days maybe four cups, whether that's a lot I am not sure. Back on topic lol I drink Tea less and less.
    The History of the PG Tips Monkey | Some Boi Online:

edited October 2022 Posts: 23,378
    Recently I have been drinking Green Tea, Ginger and Tumeric Tea and Lemon, Ginger and Manuka Honey Tea, I have reduced my caffeine intake, I also drink Decaff Coffee. I still drink Coffee though try to have a maximum of two fully caffinated drinks a day.
    clipper-restoring-roots-ginger-turmeric-tea-20-bags-shoplarge.jpg

pukka-lemon-ginger-and-manuka-honey-20-tea-bags--1766234627.png?h=750&w=750&bg=FFF&auto=format,compress,enhance&fm=jpg&q=60
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Good choice.
    Well, I'm Irish and drinking Tea is like a religion ( we have that too, but on a much lower scale than when I were a kid!)
    So its 3 or 4 cups a day, ( and it has to be Lyons tea or Barrys!!) All these other herbal teas are completely alien to me!!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Well, I'm Irish and drinking Tea is like a religion ( we have that too, but on a much lower scale than when I were a kid!)
    So its 3 or 4 cups a day, ( and it has to be Lyons tea or Barrys!!) All these other herbal teas are completely alien to me!!

3 or 4? I'm more on to 10 a day. Especially on a working day, where I stick to fruit teas as the water isn't boiling in those blasted coffee machines. The morning starts with a Javanese blend (they changed the name to sometnig Indonesian, and now I never can remember) with lemon and honey, and after that it's just cup after cup after cup.
    Finishing the day again with a Javanese blend at home.
    At the moment I'm drinking Spiced Pumpkin Pie Latte by Bird and Blend: https://www.birdandblendtea.com/collections/halloween-gifting
    At the moment I'm drinking Spiced Pumpkin Pie Latte by Bird and Blend: https://www.birdandblendtea.com/collections/halloween-gifting

You do live a more adventurous live than me, @Ludovico. I also like how you got a coffee sneaked into the Tea Thread. :)
    Dragonpol wrote: »

You do live a more adventurous live than me, @Ludovico. I also like how you got a coffee sneaked into the Tea Thread. :)

It's not a coffee, I don't drink coffee. I hate coffee. It's pumpkin flavoured tea.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I've never actually had a cup of coffee in my life. I do drink quite a bit of tea, I prefer chai and earl grey. My girlfriend is British and once in awhile will get good British brands brought over which is nice.
    edited November 2022 Posts: 17,810

It's not a coffee, I don't drink coffee. I hate coffee. It's pumpkin flavoured tea.

Ah, I see. My apologies, @Ludovico. It was the mention of "Latte" that made me think it was a coffee but I suppose that just means that it's milky tea?
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Chai Lattes, Iced Chai Lattes and Earl Grey Lattes (London Fog) are particular favourites of mine as well. I'll drink Iced Chai Lattes any time of year, including throughout winter.

Ah, I see. My apologies, @Ludovico. It was the mention of "Latte" that made me think it was a coffee but I suppose that just means that it's milky tea?

Actually it's my mistake: the name is Spiced Pumpkin Pie. I drink it without milk, as I always drink tea.
    edited November 2022 Posts: 17,810

Actually it's my mistake: the name is Spiced Pumpkin Pie. I drink it without milk, as I always drink tea.

Ah, I see. I'm not very up to date on the latest teas unfortunately. That's why I stick with PG Tips. :)

I'm afraid I could never drink tea without milk though I actually did at least once in an old job. It was a strange taste sensation I have to say.