Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

:-O \m/
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited April 2012 Posts: 40,485
    Max Payne 3 Shotguns Video:

<!--[if IE]><object width="545" height="349" id="viddlerOuter-7ff21c32" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/player/7ff21c32/0/"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=79797484&autoplay=f&disablebranding=f&view_secret=79797484"><object id="viddlerInner-7ff21c32"><video id="viddlerVideo-7ff21c32" src="//www.viddler.com/file/7ff21c32/html5mobile?openURL=79797484" type="video/mp4" width="545" height="307" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/7ff21c32/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video></object></object><![endif]--> <!--[if !IE]> <!--> <object width="545" height="349" id="viddlerOuter-7ff21c32" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="//www.viddler.com/player/7ff21c32/0/"> <param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/player/7ff21c32/0/"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=79797484&autoplay=f&disablebranding=f&view_secret=79797484"><object id="viddlerInner-7ff21c32"> <video id="viddlerVideo-7ff21c32" src="//www.viddler.com/file/7ff21c32/html5mobile?openURL=79797484" type="video/mp4" width="545" height="307" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/7ff21c32/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video> </object></object> <!--<![endif]-->
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    343 Industries on the upcoming, long-awaited Halo 4:

<!--[if IE]><object width="545" height="349" id="viddlerOuter-2d5748a9" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/player/2d5748a9/0/"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=86139113&autoplay=f&disablebranding=f&view_secret=86139113"><object id="viddlerInner-2d5748a9"><video id="viddlerVideo-2d5748a9" src="//www.viddler.com/file/2d5748a9/html5mobile?openURL=86139113" type="video/mp4" width="545" height="307" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/2d5748a9/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video></object></object><![endif]--> <!--[if !IE]> <!--> <object width="545" height="349" id="viddlerOuter-2d5748a9" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="//www.viddler.com/player/2d5748a9/0/"> <param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/player/2d5748a9/0/"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=86139113&autoplay=f&disablebranding=f&view_secret=86139113"><object id="viddlerInner-2d5748a9"> <video id="viddlerVideo-2d5748a9" src="//www.viddler.com/file/2d5748a9/html5mobile?openURL=86139113" type="video/mp4" width="545" height="307" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/2d5748a9/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video> </object></object> <!--<![endif]-->
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Creasy47 wrote:
    343 Industries on the upcoming, long-awaited Halo 4:

<!--[if IE]><object width="545" height="349" id="viddlerOuter-2d5748a9" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/player/2d5748a9/0/"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=86139113&autoplay=f&disablebranding=f&view_secret=86139113"><object id="viddlerInner-2d5748a9"><video id="viddlerVideo-2d5748a9" src="//www.viddler.com/file/2d5748a9/html5mobile?openURL=86139113" type="video/mp4" width="545" height="307" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/2d5748a9/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video></object></object><![endif]--> <!--[if !IE]> <!--> <object width="545" height="349" id="viddlerOuter-2d5748a9" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="//www.viddler.com/player/2d5748a9/0/"> <param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/player/2d5748a9/0/"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=86139113&autoplay=f&disablebranding=f&view_secret=86139113"><object id="viddlerInner-2d5748a9"> <video id="viddlerVideo-2d5748a9" src="//www.viddler.com/file/2d5748a9/html5mobile?openURL=86139113" type="video/mp4" width="545" height="307" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/2d5748a9/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video> </object></object> <!--<![endif]-->

343 industries??? HOLY.

What is an industry in Halo? lol
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Their still making those games?? omg what a waste
    Haha, '343 Industries' is just the name of the developer of Halo 4.

@WillardWhyte, I haven't played them in some time - swapped my Xbox for a PS3 years back - but apparently wanted to end the Halo trilogy with Master Chief, and now this new developer is creating a whole new trilogy starring him? Seems to have some fans pretty pissed off.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Ooooh. Haha, i thought it was some kind of thing from the story of the game hehe, i never heard about that developer.
    Looking at their resume, it looks like all they have done is Halo. The company was established by Microsoft in 2007, they took over the Halo: Reach servers in August 2011, and were responsible for the HD remake of Halo: Combat Evolved. I suppose what they have in their grasp now is Halo 4-6.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Creasy47 wrote:

@WillardWhyte, I haven't played them in some time - swapped my Xbox for a PS3 years back

Like so many others I know..who suffered from the Red Ring Of Death...or the RROD......I tried telling them that PS3 was a superior consul....oh well.
    @WillardWhyte Exactly. I just heavily grew tired of it. Felt like every single thing on the console was designed so Microsoft could earn money: I mean, perfect business plan, and you know they rake in tons of cash over whatever they add, but even the little things such as the avatars they made...and then stopped the whole 'free' idea with the attire by making us pay for new clothes? If I'm spending money on clothing, it will be for myself.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited April 2012 Posts: 7,854
    Creasy47 wrote:
    this new developer is creating a whole new trilogy starring him? Seems to have some fans pretty pissed off.

This really pisses people off? I've seen videos of their Halo: Combat Evolved remake, and even I, a Halo-Hater Elitist* thought it looked good.

*Halo-Hater Elitist: Someone who will say the gameplay is good, but hates the story, even though he owns two of the novels based on the series
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    When I had an xbox I used to love Halo. I honestly don't see why fans are upset that they're making a 4th game. If I hadn't sold my xbox for a PS3 then I'd welcome it.

Anyway, here are the new Assassin's Creed 3 screenshots.

assassins_creed_3_screenshot5.jpg

assassins_creed_3_screenshot6.jpg

Looks really cool, can't wait!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Can we get a plain-clothes assassin for once, please? How do the bad guys - who all know that the assassins are their enemies - not know that the guy in the white hood is the assassin?!
    Can we get a plain-clothes assassin for once, please? How do the bad guys - who all know that the assassins are their enemies - not know that the guy in the white hood is the assassin?!

Well in the original game it made sense because you would pretend to be a monk sometimes, but I think after that they decided "yeah that looks badass, use it on the next guy too"

I think it's fine most of the time but for missions when you're trying to be in a public place undetected they should put you in a disguise. They did do this for 1 or 2 missions in the latest game.

Well in the original game it made sense because you would pretend to be a monk sometimes, but I think after that they decided "yeah that looks badass, use it on the next guy too"

I think it's fine most of the time but for missions when you're trying to be in a public place undetected they should put you in a disguise. They did do this for 1 or 2 missions in the latest game.

I see. I've not played Revelations yet (I'd like to, because the thought of a Templar-controlled Masayuf seems strangely interesting), so I didn't know about that. Still, it's getting a little tired, and almost makes me feel like I'm playing as some generic assassin, and not a cool one. Maybe playing as a Native American will relieve some of that feeling.
    edited April 2012 Posts: 28,694

GOTY GOTY GOTY GOTY GOTY.
    :D
    Are Max Payne 3 and Assassin's Creed III the only two games coming out this year?
    Grand Theft Auto V MAY be out in October - this information was quickly released by a Rockstar Employee on his website, then taken down. Time will tell.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Anyone here plays Modern Warfare 3 on the PS3? If so, you can add me there...I play everyday.

PSN ID: marketto007

xxx

Creasy47 wrote:
    Grand Theft Auto V MAY be out in October - this information was quickly released by a Rockstar Employee on his website, then taken down. Time will tell.

That's a good sign that it may be true. My hope is that it has been in development since GTA IV and that we'll get it AND Max Payne all in 1 year. Could you imagine? Rockstar would dominate the video game awards.
    @0Brady, that would be amazing. I've been anticipating Max Payne 3 for a long, long time, and it's less than a month away. The only unfortunate thing is that it seems that quite a few of the Rockstar releases in the last few years have been delayed at least once, and Rockstar never seems to release two new games in the same year.

But, look at that trailer they released in November: nearly six months ago it came out, and it looked amazing. That, mixed with the fact that they have been releasing updates on their progress for about two years now, I wouldn't be shocked if they made an appearance in the coming months and announced it will be out in October. Granted, that is if they don't decide to delay it, ala Grand Theft Auto IV.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0Brady, that would be amazing. I've been anticipating Max Payne 3 for a long, long time, and it's less than a month away. The only unfortunate thing is that it seems that quite a few of the Rockstar releases in the last few years have been delayed at least once, and Rockstar never seems to release two new games in the same year.

But, look at that trailer they released in November: nearly six months ago it came out, and it looked amazing. That, mixed with the fact that they have been releasing updates on their progress for about two years now, I wouldn't be shocked if they made an appearance in the coming months and announced it will be out in October. Granted, that is if they don't decide to delay it, ala Grand Theft Auto IV.

I predict they'll release it in 2013 in the April-May timeline like they usually do. But Max Payne is coming and fast. I can't wait, and the multiplayer looks amazing. If you are ever online we should play. Same goes for anyone here who has a PS3. There is supposed to be a crew system in both Max Payne 3 and GTA V, so maybe we could create an MI6 Community crew and take the online gaming world by storm. :))
    The only reason I believe it will be out in October is because I want it in October, haha. I do think, though, that Rockstar has hit this new May timeline for video game releases, as opposed to the usual October timeline they had for the older Grand Theft Auto games.

Absolutely, you should add me some time: ManOnFire47

The whole crew thing sounds awesome, and I'm always picking up Rockstar games as a day-one purchase, so the more crew compatibility in their games, the better. The MP definitely looks addictive, I just worry it may take way too many rounds to kill enemies, as it did in RDR and GTA. All the videos they release have always seemed to show insta-kills.

Also, stumbled upon this earlier. Sounds pretty interesting, though I have never been a huge comic book fan:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11466-Max-Payne-3-Getting-the-Marvel-Treatment-in-3-Part-Comic-Book.html

B-)
    I really think Rockstar will do the original games justice with Max Payne 3.

If it was any other developer I'd be skeptical, I'd think "the whole games revolve around noire, you can't just move the setting to Brazil, it doesn't suit the games!"

But Rockstar have never made a game that I haven't enjoyed, so I'm really excited.

If it was any other developer I'd be skeptical, I'd think "the whole games revolve around noire, you can't just move the setting to Brazil, it doesn't suit the games!"

But Rockstar have never made a game that I haven't enjoyed, so I'm really excited.

Lightning doesn't always strike. There are always exceptions.
    Rockstar are masters of their craft, and all their games are well worth the money you pay. I too have never been disappointed by a Rockstar game.

Lightning doesn't always strike. There are always exceptions.

Glass half full mate. ;)