Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I myself never understood the hate Niko got in IV. I think fans coming off of SA got angry at the stark realism and lack of zany cheats added in the game. I myself love GTA IV, a real prize, and the first game I ever bought and played on my PS3. It is very special to me.
    I myself never understood the hate Niko got in IV. I think fans coming off of SA got angry at the stark realism and lack of zany cheats added in the game. I myself love GTA IV, a real prize, and the first game I ever bought and played on my PS3. It is very special to me.

I thought niko was awesome. Not as good as tommy, but I thought he was a cool character. Roman was my favourite character in the game though.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 401
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    No other GTA will beat San Andreas.
    you mean nothing will beat GTA 2?
    Jesse-Ventura-Pointing.jpg
    Dr_Metz wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    No other GTA will beat San Andreas.

you mean nothing will beat GTA 2?

Nothing will beat vice city and its 80s vibe and scarface references, (although IV came close)
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 401
    Nothing will beat vice city and its 80s vibe and scarface references, (although IV came close)
    GTA London: 1969, GTA 2, GTA III, Vice City, and Liberty City Stories are all great games. The rest I didn't care for much. IV was a disappointment.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    GTA3 was and still is my favourite GTA game. Vice City was quite good, as was San Andreas.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    I got GTA 2 for Ps2 (for psx actually, but i have a PS2) but i miss it, the CD doesn't works anymore.
    Never played any other GTA than GTA2, a BIT of GTA3, a Bit of Vice City, San Andreas, And, a Bit of GTA IV. but i can say it is the best Sandbox series ever.
    Its Back...

(Well technically not a console game but.... ITS A CLASSIC!!)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Thank God! *-*
    If they released this year, it would be so early.

Early? They've been working on it for 4 years! I miss back in the GTA3 era when games were coming out every year, two at the latest.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,894
    As it's the year that Lara gets a reboot, IGN have an interesting look back at her evolution:

http://uk.games.ign.com/articles/121/1219865p1.html
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Thank God! *-*

Early? They've been working on it for 4 years! I miss back in the GTA3 era when games were coming out every year, two at the latest.

4 years? o.o
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,350
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Thank God! *-*

4 years? o.o

It will be five years when the game is released. April 2008 and Spring 2013.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Samuel001 wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Thank God! *-*

4 years? o.o

It will be five years when the game is released. April 2008 and Spring 2013.

Seriously! Why does it take Rockstar so long now? Especially when they're working with engines (RAGE and Euphoria) that they've been using for 7 years now (the earliest I heard about GTA4 using these engines was 2005). Rockstar, please, as a fan who loved your games on the PS2 and wishes you'd add all the funny stuff back into GTA: Hurry the f*** up!

Seriously! Why does it take Rockstar so long now? Especially when they're working with engines (RAGE and Euphoria) that they've been using for 7 years now (the earliest I heard about GTA4 using these engines was 2005). Rockstar, please, as a fan who loved your games on the PS2 and wishes you'd add all the funny stuff back into GTA: Hurry the f*** up!

Well technically they will release TWO GTAs this year, (5 and the 10th anniversary of 3).
    10th anniversary of 3? What are you talking about? I've not heard of this (plus the 10th anniversary was last year, this would be Vice City's 10th anniversary).

10th anniversary of 3? What are you talking about? I've not heard of this (plus the 10th anniversary was last year, this would be Vice City's 10th anniversary).

They released GTA III as an iphone/ipod (don't know if it was also on android) app to celebrate the 10th anniversary.

They released GTA III as an iphone/ipod (don't know if it was also on android) app to celebrate the 10th anniversary.

Android, IPhone/IPod Touch and IPad.
    Okay. There's a release that went unnoticed by people like me who don't like cellphone gaming.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Not sure if it has been announced, but the first video for Battlefield 3's Close Quarters DLC has been released. More information on upcoming DLC in the video, too:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11115-Battlefield-3--Close-Quarters-DLC-Busts-Through-the-Drywall-With-New-Vid-and-Screens.html
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

My hype for these three games have risen to such an extreme level. Surely they'll be in my GOTY list when 2013 comes knocking. ;)
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Okay. There's a release that went unnoticed by people like me who don't like cellphone gaming.

I don't mind games on my phone, but I'm not too bothered about them. Normally I just get the free ones.

Anyway, GTA 3 was a waste of money. It's one of the harder GTA games, and the controls don't work very well which makes it even harder than usual. Chinatown wars was much better, but also much more expensive :(.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 1,856
    This looks Really cool
    <blockquote>
    LEGO-BATMAN-2-Logo-525x273.jpg
    For the first time ever a Lego game will feature a voice cast and a open world environment.
    lego-batman-2.jpg
    Trailer Below:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=e9K59anGcxo
    </blockquote>
    Virage wrote:
    This looks Really cool
    <blockquote>
    LEGO-BATMAN-2-Logo-525x273.jpg
    For the first time ever a Lego game will feature a voice cast and a open world environment.
    lego-batman-2.jpg
    Trailer Below:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=e9K59anGcxo
    </blockquote>

Yeah...it's different, but with Batman Arkham Asylum and City Lego Batman can't ever compare. And it feels like the charm of the lego games is partly ruined by there being voices now.
    The LEGO games have voices now?! Blasphemy! Does LEGO Star Wars III?
    The LEGO games have voices now?! Blasphemy! Does LEGO Star Wars III?

No LBMDCSH is the first.
    Okay, I just watched the trailer, and it does look like a good game. But if the Joker isn't Heath Ledger (dead) or Mark Hamil (retired), I don't want him to have a voice, even if everybody else does.
    Okay, I just watched the trailer, and it does look like a good game. But if the Joker isn't Heath Ledger (dead) or Mark Hamil (retired), I don't want him to have a voice, even if everybody else does.

Well you've got to replace Hamil eventually!! But Ledger's replacement can wait a while.

Virage wrote:

Well you've got to replace Hamil eventually!! But Ledger's replacement can wait a while.

There will never be a replacement for the best physical Joker of all time. Heath was the Joker in the Nolanverse, so when his Batman trilogy ends there is no such thing as Heath being replaced. Heath is Joker exclusively to that trilogy and those films only. And literally no one who takes up the role in the future will ever be able to compare to the striking brilliance Heath had when he played Joker. Sorry to spoil it for you. Jack Nicholson, eat your heart out.
    Virage wrote:
    Well you've got to replace Hamil eventually!!

But that's my problem. Hamil did the best vocal work for the Joker ever (not counting Ledger, though his is the best performance), and his work in the DC Animated Universe left an impression on me that no one else can ever live up to (voice acting-wise).