Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Rockstar are masters of their craft, and all their games are well worth the money you pay. I too have never been disappointed by a Rockstar game.
    I really think Rockstar will do the original games justice with Max Payne 3.

If it was any other developer I'd be skeptical, I'd think "the whole games revolve around noire, you can't just move the setting to Brazil, it doesn't suit the games!"

But Rockstar have never made a game that I haven't enjoyed, so I'm really excited.

Lightning doesn't always strike. There are always exceptions.

Glass half full mate. ;)

I was very disappointed with GTA4. San Andreas had tons of things you could do around its three cities, all the while GTA4's Liberty City is the size of the entire state of San Andreas, and it's full of - nothing. All of the fun side missions were taken out, and the pedestrians were boring. While I enjoyed Manhunt 2, Manhunt was pretty boring by comparison. Bully was decent, but only because I was still in school at the time (yes, it's a weird reason). Red Dead Revolver and Red Dead Redemption I've never played, but I've heard as much bad as good about those two. Oni was worthless. And, even if Rockstar does a good job with MP3... Brazil? Not a place I see Max Payne having any reason to go to.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Don't judge before you play it. I don't know how GTA IV is boring, I have days packed in that, and Red Dead Redemption bad? HAHAHA that's a good one, because that game is a damn masterpiece. Once again, play it before you judge it. If you don't that's just pure ignorance.
    I didn't think IV was as good as past GTA games, but it was still good.

Both Red Dead games were amazing.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Well I see we definitely have an anti-Rockstar gamer in this thread - as @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 said, don't judge something before you play it. I can't tell you how many games I have downed in the past, or movies I refused to see, and then gave them a chance and loved them. I heavily enjoyed RDR, and GTA IV has to be one of my favorite games of all time; it's been years since its release, and I still spend time putting that game in and cruising around the map, wreaking havoc. I'm really anticipating the release of GTA V.

And Max Payne 3? Bring it on. Just a few short weeks until the release.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Don't judge before you play it. I don't know how GTA IV is boring, I have days packed in that, and Red Dead Redemption bad? HAHAHA that's a good one, because that game is a damn masterpiece. Once again, play it before you judge it. If you don't that's just pure ignorance.

Understand this: I also had days put into GTA4, simply because the story to that game is quite long for a GTA game. And, as I said in my post, I haven't played RDR, and I've heard - heard - as much bad as good, meaning that in my book they cancel each other out. Keep in mind, I've also heard as much bad as good about the Metal Gear series, and I've been neck deep into those for the past 15 years. I also heard as much bad as good about Infamous, but I love that, too. I usually don't judge games before I play them, but something about "Max Payne in Brazil" just rubs me the wrong way.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Well I see we definitely have an anti-Rockstar gamer in this thread

I'm not anti-Rockstar, I just don't believe a company always puts out good games. There are games from every company that I don't like.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    GTA IV has to be one of my favorite games of all time; it's been years since its release, and I still spend time putting that game in and cruising around the map, wreaking havoc. I'm really anticipating the release of GTA V.

I do the same with 3, VC, SA, LCS and VCS, and I'm also waiting for GTA5 to come out, but I was bored with 4 after I beat the game, and then The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony.
    @Agent007391, but you initially said you were very disappointed with GTAIV, and now it was just boring? Don't get me wrong, everyone has different tastes, and what one person loves could be what another person hates.

To me, Rockstar is a near perfect company. The only one I couldn't really get in to was LA Noire, and they only published it.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 5,745
    A new game by the unofficial title "Police Warfare" started a kickstarter account about two weeks ago. (Kickstarter is a website to pool funding from people interested in the new product) They cancelled it five days ago, which likely means they've been picked up by a studio.

They're basing it on cops v robbers in the style of the films like Heat and The Town.

Also, a game-play trailer for Crysis 3 was released, as well as a trailer for Battlefield 3's new Close Quarters DLC.
    edited April 2012 Posts: 40,450
    "Police Warfare" sounds pretty cool, I hadn't heard of it up until this point. I've played games like Kane & Lynch and Payday: The Heist, and just was not fond of them. I really wish they would make a realistic bank robbery game that could set it up along the likes of Heat, The Town, etc. I want to be wowed just like I was when I watched the main heist scene from Heat or any of the smaller heist scenes from The Town, especially the finale.

Bethesda hopes to announce their first bit of DLC for Skyrim next week:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-6511-Bethesda-Hope-To-Announce-First-Skyrim-DLC-Next-Week.html

Here's a video for the Donya Fortress map on Battlefield 3's upcoming Close Quarters DLC:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-6508-Battlefield-3--Close-Quarters-Donya-Fortress-Video-is-an-Assault-on-the-Eyes-and-Ears.html

And finally, here are some more character videos for Hitman: Absolution:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-6507-Hitman--Absolution-Videos-Reveal-New-Characters-and-Voice-Actors.html

The news of Skyrim DLC is nice, but I wish it had been released a lot sooner. The game has almost been out for six months now, and in the former three (perhaps four) months of its release, I played it nonstop. Completed nearly every quest, reached hundreds of hours of gameplay, and came to a point where I decided to start a new play through...but it was just too boring. I couldn't get into doing what I had just recently accomplished, and am not all that excited for this DLC.

As for Battlefield 3, one of the most addictive FPS games I've ever played, it's an absolute train wreck to play online now. Ever since the patch they released that made it so rented servers are heavily abound, it's impossible to either get into a full, EA-hosted game, or into one that doesn't result in giving the attacking team 3,000 or so tickets. That, mixed with some of the DLC maps being restricted to certain game types, and I'm not that excited for it.

Hitman: Absolution? Bring it on. I've been anticipating this since the release of Blood Money, what, 55 years ago, was it?
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 5,745
    Creasy47 wrote:
    "Police Warfare" sounds pretty cool, I hadn't heard of it up until this point. I've played games like Kane & Lynch and Payday: The Heist, and just was not fond of them. I really wish they would make a realistic bank robbery game that could set it up along the likes of Heat, The Town, etc. I want to be wowed just like I was when I watched the main heist scene from Heat or any of the smaller heist scenes from The Town, especially the finale.

I'm watching Heat as we speak, and my heart was pounding during the street shoot out.

Unfortunately for some, the team working on 'PW' is focused on multiplayer, looking to set cops v robbers in a similar way to Call of Duty and Battlefield.

From what details they've given, there will be vehicles, but tight (not necessarily small) maps located (obviously) in urban environments.

Sounds like it could be a lot of fun if you like online multiplayer.

Here's a link to their plans and image ideas: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/policewarfare/police-warfare

Police_Warfare_Downtown.jpg
    Police_Warfare_Hills.jpg
    @JWESTBROOK, sounds like it could be interesting, but I'm tired of games being released that try to mimic CoD and BF. If I wanted to play CoD, which I don't, I would go out and purchase one of the games. If I wanted to play BF, which I do, I simply put BF3 into my console. Simple as that.

Developers are too scared to try something new, because it may be a failure, but that's how it seems to go these days: some games come and go with the snap of a finger, other new IP's are released and heavily praised, continued by sequels that rake in even more money, and then you have the CoD/GoW/BF copycats that are a waste of time. I want something new from time to time, not the same, rehashed stuff over and over again.

Take Binary Domain: looked like a very entertaining game, the demo was pretty fun, and even the final product was enjoyable, given the excuse of a few bugs, repetitive dialogue, and...a near copy of some missions from GoW, including the god-awful on-rails sequence where you are stuck in a cart and have to shoot switches to keep moving.
    I think society has reached a point where creativity is overlapped by laziness.

With new means of recording, storing, and retrieving everything we do, its hard to say something is truly unique when you can go back and see everything everyone else has done.
    Its sad, because just barely 100 years into film-making, 90%+ of what is produced is recycled material. But to be honest, its damn difficult not to have similarities to something else these days.
    You do have a point there. I guess at this day and age, if you wanted to sit down and create a brand new, fresh, exciting film or game, your mind would instantly wander to what other people like, or even of some of your favorite movies or games, and you would want to take from that.

I suppose that's why so many games have things such as on-the-rails sequences, slo-mo action sequences, breaching sequences, etc.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Agent007391, but you initially said you were very disappointed with GTAIV, and now it was just boring?

Yes, I was disappointed. By "disappointed", do not assume that means dislike in any way. I love MGS4, but was still disappointed with the lack of guards in the latter half of the game. What disappointed me about GTA4 was that, with San Andreas, Rockstar hit the high point: there were a lot of things to do, there were good characters, you could customize Carl however you wanted. GTA4, however, dropped a lot. Gone were the numerous clothing options, gone were the paramedic/firefighter/taxi cab missions (well, we did get to do a few Roman's cab missions, but they sucked), gone were mildly interesting characters (Niko: good; Roman: funny; that Arab dude you work for in Ballad of Gay Tony: Hilarious; everyone else: crap), and, though I'm not one to buy something specifically for voice acting, gone were the celebrity voices. I liked those (specifically Samuel L. Jackson, William Finctner, Michael Madsen, hell, I'll even toss in Ray Liotta), and while GTA4's voice captured the characters, there was something to browsing the instructions to find out which of my favorite actors are in the game.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Agent007391, but you initially said you were very disappointed with GTAIV, and now it was just boring?

Yes, I was disappointed. By "disappointed", do not assume that means dislike in any way. I love MGS4, but was still disappointed with the lack of guards in the latter half of the game. What disappointed me about GTA4 was that, with San Andreas, Rockstar hit the high point: there were a lot of things to do, there were good characters, you could customize Carl however you wanted. GTA4, however, dropped a lot. Gone were the numerous clothing options, gone were the paramedic/firefighter/taxi cab missions (well, we did get to do a few Roman's cab missions, but they sucked), gone were mildly interesting characters (Niko: good; Roman: funny; that Arab dude you work for in Ballad of Gay Tony: Hilarious; everyone else: crap), and, though I'm not one to buy something specifically for voice acting, gone were the celebrity voices. I liked those (specifically Samuel L. Jackson, William Finctner, Michael Madsen, hell, I'll even toss in Ray Liotta), and while GTA4's voice captured the characters, there was something to browsing the instructions to find out which of my favorite actors are in the game.

I liked San Andreas, but as fun as it was I don't get the feeling that I'm IN a crime film that I get from Vice City. It's definetly my favourite for insane gameplay, but overall I like Vice City better. IV was good, I loved Roman (after he died, I reloaded my old save and redid it so Kate died).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Well I see we definitely have an anti-Rockstar gamer in this thread - as @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 said, don't judge something before you play it. I can't tell you how many games I have downed in the past, or movies I refused to see, and then gave them a chance and loved them. I heavily enjoyed RDR, and GTA IV has to be one of my favorite games of all time; it's been years since its release, and I still spend time putting that game in and cruising around the map, wreaking havoc. I'm really anticipating the release of GTA V.

And Max Payne 3? Bring it on. Just a few short weeks until the release.
    The issue I have with LA Noire is that near the end of the game which is about 15 to 16 hours of the average 20, the story takes hold and drops the great investigative gameplay that we had all the game and then
    we just switch between Cole and Jack until the story wraps up in a stupid flamethrower fight with mobsters. Truly one of the most disappointing endings I've seen. Not for its sadness, but for the lack of presentation and sizzle.
    LA Noire shouldn't have had some story around it. Instead I would have liked the same characters but just pick and choose cases that you could always replay. There would be more cases packed in the game and the great investigative/noir gameplay wouldn't have to be dropped every time the story butted in. Still a great game, but I'm sad to say that no sequel with Rockstar on tow. I want a sequel where
    you are a separate detective and one of the many new cases is a string of cop killings, like Roy Earle, the captain/chief of the LAPD, and all the others high ranking cops that plotted with Monroe and plotted against Cole. Then in the final case you find the killer is a man with a few gashes and scars, who is actually Cole Phelps who took revenge on the corrupt men.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I liked San Andreas, but as fun as it was I don't get the feeling that I'm IN a crime film that I get from Vice City. It's definetly my favourite for insane gameplay, but overall I like Vice City better. IV was good, I loved Roman (after he died, I reloaded my old save and redid it so Kate died).

This is my opinion of Vice City: If I wanna see Scarface, I'll just put the damn DVD in! Plus, the ending was lame. They should have gone the Tony Montana route and let Tommy die, maybe then it would have been good.

Gameplay, great, just like in all GTA games (including 4, despite the obvious detractions from previous games). Story, not so great.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Anyone here beyond me plays Minecraft? xD it's a very cool game.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Anyone here beyond me plays Minecraft? xD it's a very cool game.

I know it from parodies, I've never played it, nor do I intend to. It doesn't appear to be my style.
    Creasy47 wrote:

This is my opinion of Vice City: If I wanna see Scarface, I'll just put the damn DVD in! Plus, the ending was lame. They should have gone the Tony Montana route and let Tommy die, maybe then it would have been good.

Gameplay, great, just like in all GTA games (including 4, despite the obvious detractions from previous games). Story, not so great.

I like the ending. I'm glad they didn't completely copy Scarface, the conversation at the end is awesome "I don't think we'll be gettin anymore trouble from up north anymore either... that's because there ain't gonna be an up north anymore" I like the Scarface references in the game, and Tommy is easily my favourite GTA character, Ray Liotta does a great job.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I like the ending. I'm glad they didn't completely copy Scarface, the conversation at the end is awesome "I don't think we'll be gettin anymore trouble from up north anymore either... that's because there ain't gonna be an up north anymore" I like the Scarface references in the game, and Tommy is easily my favourite GTA character, Ray Liotta does a great job.

Even though I hate Tommy Vercetti, and aren't too impressed with Ray Liotta, i do think he did a good job in the game. However, Tommy's problem is that there was still an up north. Had the Leone or Sindacco families decided to move in on Vice City, Tommy and his crew would have been done for.
    edited April 2012 Posts: 40,450
    Max Payne 3 Weapon Video: Colt 1911 Pistol:

<!--[if IE]><object width="545" height="349" id="viddlerOuter-3dd6a0c0" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/player/3dd6a0c0/0/"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=41896184&autoplay=f&disablebranding=f&view_secret=41896184"><object id="viddlerInner-3dd6a0c0"><video id="viddlerVideo-3dd6a0c0" src="//www.viddler.com/file/3dd6a0c0/html5mobile?openURL=41896184" type="video/mp4" width="545" height="307" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/3dd6a0c0/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video></object></object><![endif]--> <!--[if !IE]> <!--> <object width="545" height="349" id="viddlerOuter-3dd6a0c0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="//www.viddler.com/player/3dd6a0c0/0/"> <param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/player/3dd6a0c0/0/"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=41896184&autoplay=f&disablebranding=f&view_secret=41896184"><object id="viddlerInner-3dd6a0c0"> <video id="viddlerVideo-3dd6a0c0" src="//www.viddler.com/file/3dd6a0c0/html5mobile?openURL=41896184" type="video/mp4" width="545" height="307" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/3dd6a0c0/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video> </object></object> <!--<![endif]-->

And here are some possible leaked pictures of the Quadrotor, a rumored new RC killstreak, for Black Ops 2:

http://mp1st.com/2012/04/25/leaked-black-ops-2-in-game-screenshots-of-the-quadrotor-new-intel-drop-unlocks-and-more/

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 confirmed for a November 13 release - the day of the eclipse - hence the 'Eclipse' viral marketing they have been going with:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11561-Call-of-Duty--Black-Ops-II-Confirmed--Coming-in-November.html
    Way to go Activision, I knew about this last November.

I'm so over CoD. It's the same, rehashed junk every year, and yet it manages to get worse and worse.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I'm so over CoD. It's the same, rehashed junk every year, and yet it manages to get worse and worse.

^:)^
    Creasy47 wrote:

I figured this out when World at War came out and was no different than MW1. Then came MW2, which was no different than WaW, and then Black Ops, no different than MW2. (With Ron Perlman's voice) CoD... CoD never changes.
    @Agent007391, indeed. I actually did enjoy WaW online. MW2 came, and it was pretty entertaining, just a little too much. BO was when I really, really started to despise the series, and MW3 was worse than its predecessor, which is really shocking. Here is a link to three leaked "futuristic" screens, if anyone is interested:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11577-Call-of-Duty--Black-Ops-II-Images-Leak--Confirming-Future-Setting-[Update--Now-it-s-Official].html

The best months of a year: about a month or so after the newest CoD is released, when the hype has died down and there are no rumors about the next CoD. Now, for the next six months, all we will hear about is BO2 this, BO2 that, hype, hype, hype, followed by release, complaints, whining, tons of overpriced DLC, and finally, the silence.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2012 Posts: 15,690
    yes the CoD games are not masterpieces, but damn are they entertaining. I own MW and WaW, and they never disappoint when I replay my favorite levels.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I also like MW and WAW. I played MW2 and hated it, didn't buy Black Ops or MW3. The Battlefield games are better.