Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Max Payne 3 MP Gang Wars Video:

<!--[if IE]><object width="545" height="349" id="viddlerOuter-bdb4858c" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/player/bdb4858c/0/"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=26775646&autoplay=f&disablebranding=f&view_secret=26775646"><object id="viddlerInner-bdb4858c"><video id="viddlerVideo-bdb4858c" src="//www.viddler.com/file/bdb4858c/html5mobile?openURL=26775646" type="video/mp4" width="545" height="307" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/bdb4858c/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video></object></object><![endif]--> <!--[if !IE]> <!--> <object width="545" height="349" id="viddlerOuter-bdb4858c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="//www.viddler.com/player/bdb4858c/0/"> <param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/player/bdb4858c/0/"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=26775646&autoplay=f&disablebranding=f&view_secret=26775646"><object id="viddlerInner-bdb4858c"> <video id="viddlerVideo-bdb4858c" src="//www.viddler.com/file/bdb4858c/html5mobile?openURL=26775646" type="video/mp4" width="545" height="307" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/bdb4858c/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video> </object></object> <!--<![endif]-->
  • oo7oo7

>:D<
    September release, who has time for legends. hope we get dlc missions
  • oo7oo7
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Max Payne 3 MP Gang Wars Video:

<!--[if IE]><object width="545" height="349" id="viddlerOuter-bdb4858c" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/player/bdb4858c/0/"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=26775646&autoplay=f&disablebranding=f&view_secret=26775646"><object id="viddlerInner-bdb4858c"><video id="viddlerVideo-bdb4858c" src="//www.viddler.com/file/bdb4858c/html5mobile?openURL=26775646" type="video/mp4" width="545" height="307" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/bdb4858c/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video></object></object><![endif]--> <!--[if !IE]> <!--> <object width="545" height="349" id="viddlerOuter-bdb4858c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="//www.viddler.com/player/bdb4858c/0/"> <param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/player/bdb4858c/0/"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=26775646&autoplay=f&disablebranding=f&view_secret=26775646"><object id="viddlerInner-bdb4858c"> <video id="viddlerVideo-bdb4858c" src="//www.viddler.com/file/bdb4858c/html5mobile?openURL=26775646" type="video/mp4" width="545" height="307" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/bdb4858c/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video> </object></object> <!--<![endif]-->
    whos getting this?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2012 Posts: 28,694
    ^
    OH MY GOD MAX PAYNE 3 WILL BE AMAZING!

MI6 Community Crew, anyone? :D
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    But will it live up to the original games?
    The Elder Scrolls Online has been announced for PC and Mac in 2013:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=89874
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Maybe it should be called Call of Duty: Mech Warfare.

Maybe it should be called Call of Duty: Meh Warfare

We shouldn't be too hard on Call Of Duty, mw2 makes a great coaster.
    @thelivingroyale, I also enjoy using the disc as a frisbee in the summertime.

And for some news, rumors are circulating now that the new Xbox has reached manufacturing stage, with special units being made so developers can start working on their next-gen games. If this is true, it does confirm that games like GTA V will most certainly be out within this lifecycle of consoles. Here's the link:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11608-Rumour--Next-Xbox-Reaches-Manufacturing-Stage.html

In my opinion, I think the current-gen consoles are going strong, and I see no need for even talks of an Xbox 720 or PS4 or Wii2 or whatever just yet. They still continue to put out great games, and they are always looking for the next big thing to push the limits. I just pray that when the time does come for the release of the new systems, they do manage to get it right, and I don't have to worry about jumping into a new, pricy system that will inevitably break on me.

In fact, that link (although it is rumor) states that the place in TX that the new Xbox consoles are being developed at is the same place that was responsible for all of the 360 RROD's.
    I don't want next gen consoles just yet, I dread the day I have to spend another few hundred quid on a ps4. Like you said, there's nothing wrong with the current gen, give them a good few more years.

When the ps4 is released they better give it backwards compatibility with the ps3 games.

The new Medal Of Honor game looks good, I like the idea of picking a country for the multiplayer.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The tropy list for Lollipop Chainsaw has been released:

http://exophase.com/game/lollipop-chainsaw/#PSN
    edited May 2012 Posts: 40,474
    ^
    OH MY GOD MAX PAYNE 3 WILL BE AMAZING!

MI6 Community Crew, anyone? :D

Please :D

You did say you are going to purchase it on PS3, correct? Because that's the system I have. Already paid off the special edition for it. Just one week away, I'm so excited!

Oh, and I posted this earlier, but I suppose it didn't go through. The 'Post Comment' thing has been really messed up for me lately. Anyway, I don't know if anyone has followed this, but later today, you can download the two level single player demo of Spec Ops: The Line, from the Xbox Marketplace or PSN. Should be fun. I played the MP beta over a year ago, and at that stage, it was already addictive:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11634-Spec-Ops--The-Line-Single-Player-Demo-Available-Now.html

And what was originally slated for a May 10th release, an announcement has been outed early for Hitman: Absolution: reserve the game, and you receive a code for a replayable sniper mission, which allows you to achieve the best score you can, reach the top of the leader boards, and receive future prizes. Not sure if this mission is separate, and you can download it as soon as you reserve it, or if it will be a separate mission on the final product's disc. Time will tell!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11630-Hitman-Sniper-Challenge-Outed-in-Magazine-Ad.html
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    ONE WEEK FOR MAX! WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <:-P
    http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac3/en-GB/unite/index.aspx

Ubisoft are refusing to release AC 3 gameplay until they reach so many tweets/posts. It's stupid and isn't needed.
    I actually had one of these quick thought dreams before I woke up this morning, where I thought Max Payne 3 was sitting in my room, unopened. Shame to realize a few moments later that it won't be out for another six days. This wait is killing me.

If any of you like third person shooters, I would recommend downloading the Spec Ops: The Line demo. Very, very fun game, and it had so many things that reminded me of Uncharted, from shooting the enemies to how the gun pickups looked. It's been a long time since I played a demo that made me want to purchase a game, and I'll be doing that when it releases.

Looks like this summer is the time for third person shooters for me.
  • oo7oo7
    Anyone else annoyed by Doctor Who The Eternity clock? is this game actually time traveling its 2 months behind now! blown 3 deadlines....
    edited May 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Wow, I just played the demo for Spec Ops. The Line, and was blown away! The game is great! The guns feel powerful, the action was intense, the enemies were great and you actually had to watch your back if you didn't want to get riddled with bullets. And rarely sidearms are actually good guns, while in this they are fantastic and have the same power as the long guns. The camera is wonky at times but other than that, wow. One of my favorite locations and one I want to go to badly is Dubai, and the visuals look mindblowing and really capture the city. All of the gameplay based around sand is great, and the game seems to be heavily story based, so I am excited to pick this one up come June. I highly recommend it to any gamer, for sure.
    I heard of Spec Ops but I kind of thought "another military action game? meh" but after hearing all this I kind of want to play it. I'll definetly check it out, thanks @Creasy47 and @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    ^
    No problem, and I hope you find yourself proved wrong! ;) Go download it now, it only takes ten minutes minimum to download and install.
    You're welcome, @thelivingroyale. I loved it. The sand really does come in to play a good bit - it can help or hurt you - and like I said, if you enjoyed Uncharted, you'll love this. Great visuals, great gameplay, wonderful arsenal of weapons. Should prove to be a really enjoyable purchase. It's out in North America on June 26th, and Europe on June 29th.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    You're welcome, @thelivingroyale. I loved it. The sand really does come in to play a good bit - it can help or hurt you - and like I said, if you enjoyed Uncharted, you'll love this. Great visuals, great gameplay, wonderful arsenal of weapons. Should prove to be a really enjoyable purchase. It's out in North America on June 26th, and Europe on June 29th.

And, NOLAN NORTH VOICES THE MAIN CHARACTER! I love Nolan to death, and love to hear his voice.
    Just played a bit of the demo, then the fiancee kicked me of the playstation so she could watch f*****g Coronation Street :((

Anyway, I enjoyed it. Nolan North is a great voice actor as usual, and the gameplay was fun, reminded me a bit of Uncharted and Gears Of War. Also, Dubai looks really, really cool. I'll probably pick up the full game once it's released.
    Yeah, Nolan North has a great, unique voice.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    I wish there was a good game coming out soon....but nothing is grabbing my attention.. Meh
  • oo7oo7
    max payne next week, hitman in sept. 007legends nov(i have a bad feeling it will just be a rehash of the goldeneye engine though)
    How did the graphics look in GE Reloaded?
  • oo7oo7
    Pretty bad, the characters were reskined for higher detail which was good, but the general levels looked stinking, birds and butterflys in the jungle are looped gif images, invisible walls all over the show without the jump button leave it kinda bad too. cutscenes seem to be using flvs of the wii game.
    the hit detections a mess too, i rmemebr in the nightclub level two guys would come through the door i would be shooting them while they were in that animation and nothing would happen, then they open fire and finally i can kill them but in the mean time i just take damage. multiplayer hit detection was a mess too, over powered shotguns, i can pour a clip into a guy who has the same gun as me and he kills me with a few shots, unless it was lag or he had a bullet booster. overall it was damn port and they said it was a totally new engine which was jsut a lie to sell games and consoles too.
    i'll def be waiting for the first screen shot of this to judge just how much works gone into it.
    I had been toying with the idea the goldeneye port was just a port to cover a two year development cycle for eurocom doing 007legends but I really doubt it. I actually think the constant changing of the engine and game type has damnaged the bond games to an extent. Rockstar produces a new game a year using that in house engine i forget its name, Ubisoft seem to get a ass creed out every year without fail which is only stronger than the previous outting. so how come this cant be the same for Bond
    I hope in future the franchise falls into the hands of square enix so they can pass it along to the guys who made deus ex or IO software, the hitman and kane and lynch guys.
    But still like i said, payne and hitman this year so Bond can be crap and who will care(well i will)
    I have Max Payne 3 Special Edition, Hitman: Absolution, Medal of Honor: Warfighter, and Spec Ops: The Line to look forward to.

Can't wait to get home next Tuesday and open my huge box of Max Payne collectibles.
    I have replayed the Spec Ops demo three times over and I can't get enough of it. I would replay it all night if I could, it has really impressed me and I have it to look forward to this summer along with a constant playing of Max Payne .
    I have replayed the Spec Ops demo three times over and I can't get enough of it. I would replay it all night if I could, it has really impressed me and I have it to look forward to this summer along with a constant playing of Max Payne .

I gave it a second play through tonight, and loved it just as much as the first time. I can't wait for MP3 to give me a full month and a half of enjoyment, and as it dies down, I'll have Spec Ops to pick up and try.

And here's a fake documentary type of trailer for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, which hits consoles on May 22nd and May 25th for North America and Europe, respectively.

<!--[if IE]><object width="545" height="349" id="viddlerOuter-7e3b4651" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/player/7e3b4651/0/"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=104931443&autoplay=f&disablebranding=f&view_secret=104931443"><object id="viddlerInner-7e3b4651"><video id="viddlerVideo-7e3b4651" src="//www.viddler.com/file/7e3b4651/html5mobile?openURL=104931443" type="video/mp4" width="545" height="307" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/7e3b4651/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video></object></object><![endif]--> <!--[if !IE]> <!--> <object width="545" height="349" id="viddlerOuter-7e3b4651" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="//www.viddler.com/player/7e3b4651/0/"> <param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/player/7e3b4651/0/"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=104931443&autoplay=f&disablebranding=f&view_secret=104931443"><object id="viddlerInner-7e3b4651"> <video id="viddlerVideo-7e3b4651" src="//www.viddler.com/file/7e3b4651/html5mobile?openURL=104931443" type="video/mp4" width="545" height="307" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/7e3b4651/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video> </object></object> <!--<![endif]-->

Did anyone manage to give the beta a shot? If so, what are your thoughts?

^
    Where's the trailer?