Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited May 2012 Posts: 40,474
    As much as I love BF3, it has really taken a turn for the worst. With this newest update, every match I enter has a player-run server, with bogus things such as "Don't use ______ or ______ or you will get kicked.", or "Attacking team has 3,000 tickets for Rush." I mean, really? Why did they do this? It's rare that I can manage to get into an EA-hosted match, and I'm tired of this junk. I don't want to play in a match where my loss is inevitable, and I want to be able to join matches where any weapons go. Granted, I don't use the cheap weaponry provided - just my trusty AK-47, fore grip, and heavy barrel - but it's still annoying.

And all of the FPS games I really enjoyed and would like to go back to - QoS, MW1 - will end up having a low rate of players, which will make it unenjoyable in terms of variety.

Unfortunately, two weeks before the release of Max Payne 3, and Rockstar already has the lineup for upcoming summer DLC. Sounds cool, but I think DLC is something that should only be touched on after the release; hearing news prior to the release of the final product worries me, like it could have been added in to the game. Either way, here's a link:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11580-Max-Payne-3-DLC-Plans-Announced-With-Rockstar-Pass-in-the-Offing.html
    I also like MW and WAW. I played MW2 and hated it, didn't buy Black Ops or MW3. The Battlefield games are better.

I fear Battlefield: Bad Company 2 was the peak of the BF franchise though.. BF3 is rather dull and uninteresting to me for some reason. Its trying to be something, and nobody, the fans, producers, developers, can tell you what.

I'm interested in the new Medal of Honor this year.. a new-ish FPS by a brand new developer. Hopefully it turns out good.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    MOH will try to compete with BF and COD... may not be good.
    BF3's campaign wasn't very good. The multiplayer was great but like @Creasy47 thing, some of the new updates like Rent a server are really annoying. Another annoying thing is the new "shortcuts".

I'm not really that into BF or COD really. That new police warfare game looks cool.
    Here's the debut trailer for Black Ops II. And so, it begins...

<!--[if IE]><object width="545" height="349" id="viddlerOuter-250199df" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/player/250199df/0/"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=101745672&autoplay=f&disablebranding=f&view_secret=101745672"><object id="viddlerInner-250199df"><video id="viddlerVideo-250199df" src="//www.viddler.com/file/250199df/html5mobile?openURL=101745672" type="video/mp4" width="545" height="307" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/250199df/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video></object></object><![endif]--> <!--[if !IE]> <!--> <object width="545" height="349" id="viddlerOuter-250199df" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="//www.viddler.com/player/250199df/0/"> <param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/player/250199df/0/"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=101745672&autoplay=f&disablebranding=f&view_secret=101745672"><object id="viddlerInner-250199df"> <video id="viddlerVideo-250199df" src="//www.viddler.com/file/250199df/html5mobile?openURL=101745672" type="video/mp4" width="545" height="307" poster="//www.viddler.com/thumbnail/250199df/" controls="controls" x-webkit-airplay="allow"></video> </object></object> <!--<![endif]-->
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I always knew Woods lived.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    IMO, they've just f***ed the franchise with BO2. We have plenty of futuristic games available, why one more?

xxx
    ^ *sigh

You can't make a game set in the future with a game engine that is over a decade old.

What a shame.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    ^ *sigh

You can't make a game set in the future with a game engine that is over a decade old.

What a shame.
    The graphics look worse every single game. A shame when you consider that a new engine could be made to counteract it.

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I think this year I'll go with "Medal Of Honor: Warfighter"

xxx
    I think this year I'll go with "Medal Of Honor: Warfighter"

xxx

Agreed. I'm interested in the new development team, and I love how the 'director of operations' or whatever his title is Goodrich is so involved. He's gotten alot of authenticity involved through military companies.

Can't wait for a multiplayer reveal.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    For a trailer for a first person shooter, there sure wasn't any first person shooting involved.

I'll probably still play it, but it'll suck. One thing Infinity Ward's got going for them: Their sequels have continuity.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2012 Posts: 15,690
    Wow the BO2 graphics suck pretty bad......... and looks like there'll be way too many levels where you handle machines.......
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Maybe it should be called Call of Duty: Mech Warfare.
    Maybe it should be called Call of Duty: Mech Warfare.

Maybe it should be called Call of Duty: Meh Warfare
    edited May 2012 Posts: 7,854
    Call of Duty: We Ran Out of Ideas. In 2007.
    I think adding helicopters is a step in the right direction. I won't be buying it but I hope they've actually changed things this time. But what's with the horses?
    Yeah, it seems that, with a heavily outdated engine that will never be fixed decided to make the game totally killstreak heavy, so there won't be any soldier to soldier fighting anymore, based on the trailer. What an absolute joke. I can't wait to pocked the $60 when I choose to not purchase this. I, too, will be going with Warfighter, as MoH on the PS3 was good, simplistic online fun for me.
    A lot looks like Indiana Jones in the future, at least the parts with horses. Looks like Activision also got the Uncharted 3 copycat bug.
    That they did. As different as it looks, @JWESTBROOK was right: what's the point of making a futuristic game and keeping the same, dull engine? The next time I try CoD will be when they do a COMPLETE overhaul, and I truly feel like it is a different game.
    And there are so many futuristic shooters now, so what is the point of throwing another into the mix??
    It seems to go in waves: there was the time of WWII shooters, then modern warfare shooters, and now, it will be futuristic shooters, followed by what, exactly? All shooters that take place in space? I mean, I just loathe the fact that when a game comes out, is heavily popular, and is raved by the fans, then the next game has to copy that, and the next, and that one, and the one over there, and before you know it, everything feels like a clone of CoD.
    There's a rumored future BF3 DLC, but I doubt they'd do that because it would require a HUGE download if they did it right.

Extra maps, weapons, uniforms, themes, gadgets... it wouldn't work.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    There's a rumored future BF3 DLC, but I doubt they'd do that because it would require a HUGE download if they did it right.

Extra maps, weapons, uniforms, themes, gadgets... it wouldn't work.

I doubt it would work. Out of the three pieces of upcoming DLC announced thus far, I heard they all related to different scenarios: the first one focusing on close quarter combat maps, with the other two focusing on larger maps/new vehicle warfare, I believe. An entirely new setting and plot like that would take too much.
    A lot looks like Indiana Jones in the future, at least the parts with horses. Looks like Activision also got the Uncharted 3 copycat bug.

Apparently the horses part is one of several flashback missions where you'll be fighting Russians in 80s Afghanistan.

Is it me or are alot of games taking inspiration from TLD? First Uncharted 3 had the plane sequence, now this.
    A lot of Uncharted 3 brings TLD to mind. The bar fight, the plane fight, the caravan chase in the desert, and the bathroom fight at the start has a CR feel to it. There is even a silenced pistol that looks quite Bondish, and one I was hoping to find in the multiplayer. Sadly, no.

>:D<
    Here is the achievement list for Max Payne 3. Seems like a very entertaining one to try and reach 1000G/100% trophy completion on:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news-2627-Game-Added--Max-Payne-3.html
    A License to Kill - Collect all golden guns. Really?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2012 Posts: 15,690
    Creasy47 wrote:
    As much as I love BF3, it has really taken a turn for the worst.

My girlfriend didn't like BF3 when she played it, she much prefers BF:Bad Company 2... but still she'd gladly take BF3 over MW3 (and I agree)...but we both prefer to play the good old MOH:Frontline on the PS2... which to me is one of the greatest FPS of the last 10 years :)