Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @0Brady, I wasn't aware of that. Never really tuned into the VGA's before. Glad to see some new material from the upcoming Hitman game, though. I'm a HUGE fan of the series.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0Brady, I wasn't aware of that. Never really tuned into the VGA's before. Glad to see some new material from the upcoming Hitman game, though. I'm a HUGE fan of the series.

What new Hitman material?!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Yeah, I'm as clueless as you. I saw BioWare take the show, a lot of Uncharted 3 and Arkham City love (I say Uncharted deserved it, but only because I'm not a huge fan of Batman games. Movies and Frank Miller comics yes, games no), The Last of Us (my new reason to pray I get a PS3 at some point) and a trailer for MGR that got my mouth watering and something so vulgar I can't say it on here.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited December 2011 Posts: 40,368
    @0Brady, they had a new trailer for Hitman: Absolution, which should be (hopefully) out next year. Looking great so far, go check it out!

Also, as inevitable as it was, Modern Warfare 3 hits $1 billion in sixteen days, beating 'Avatar' by merely one day:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-10340-Modern-Warfare-3-Clocks-Up-$1-Billion-in-16-Days.html
  • Arkham City was pants (imo), Asylum was Better.

The trailer of The Last Of Us (though not muh can be made from that teaser), let's just say that I have faith in ND in giving us a really good survival horror. If it's an entire city that the player has to traverse, then i'm reminded of the much forgotten PS2 game SOS:The Final Escape. Though with TLOU out in 2012, does this mean that we may not have U4 in 2013?

There's also Lollipop Chainsaw (cheerleader heroine + zombies + a chainsaw + a severed head ally = good ol' schlocky campy fun).

I fully agree on the Batman AC<Batman AA notion. I too am worried about U4 not coming but ND split up into two teams so one could be handling TLOU and the other U4. I think TLOU will release whenever that is, ND's main team will hammer out development on U4 and at the 2012 VGAs we'll get a trailer for it and a set release for late 2013. That is how it has been in the past for Uncharted.

Batman ACs problem was that it threw all the villians in for the sake of it, and the plot had a big hole. Also, it had kind of been done before in AA. I know the story is different but the main idea of batman being trapped in a prison full of his enemies doesn't excite me anymore. Plus new badass robin was only in it for 30 seconds (robin comes in and kicks ass, "hey batman, its me!!!! im here to help you, lets do this!!!", then batman basically stuck up a giant middle finger and carried on alone.

On topic, I hope we get asssasins creed 3 next year and I hope they've found a way to make it even better. AC revelations is the best game I've ever played and they did a great job making it even more cinematic. I would recommend AC revelations to anyone who is a fan of stealth, adventure, tomb raiding, free running, awesome fighting and leaping of towers into bales of hay. The plot throughout the series has been building up towards the end of the world in 2012 so if we don't get a game next year then it would be very disapointing.

I also can't wait for uncharted 4, but if they follow the current pattern that won't be until 2013 :(

I want to play Brotherhood & Revelations (that's right, I haven't played them), but i'm put off at how Ubisoft are churning a game out a year, rather than the 2 year gap between AC & AC. Also, I would rather each game focus on both Desmond and an anscestor, instead we get three games with Desmond + Ezio (of which I preffered Alair). If AC3 has a new ancestor, then i'll bite the bait and put money down. If it's Ezio again, then I wont bother.

I prefer altiar too, but he's in revelations, thats why I love it so much, because it has both assasins. The reason they included ezio in brotherhood is because alot of people wanted a follow up to his story, and with AC 2s ending they couldn't really just forget about him. But brotherhood is worth buying just because of the story and the whole training up assasins idea. Revelations is the best one yet, there are tons of new weapons and equipment, the idea of training/recruiting assasins and sending them on missions is still there, and its really cinematic.

But ubisoft already said they did revelations to finish altiar and ezios stories and that this would be the last game to feature these two, so you don't need to worry about that. And the one a year thing might seem like they're rushing it but they need to finish desmonds story before the end of 2012.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    This is for anyone who was angry after hearing True Crime: Hong Kong got cancelled by the monopolistic Activision. As many of you know, Square Enix picked it up again and are overseeing development from their London studio which oversaw Batman Arkham Asylum and Just Cause 2. Now the game is titled Sleeping Dogs because Square Enix didn't buy the True Crime rights, and the game is very much that of what it was pre-cancellation with changes that all seem positive. So, here is the newest information we have, all very recent, branching from interviews to gameplay footage. I am anticipating this game so much, and was so happy to hear it got picked up again by Square Enix. Feast your eyes:

Here's the action packed live action trailer:

A gameplay preview:

And finally an in-depth interview with United Front Games(the developer) and Square Enix on the development of the game and its influences and mechanics:
    ^^ I actually follow a small-time youtuber is works with the people who made the small dogs trailer <3
    Here's the newest Max Payne 3 trailer:

And some behind the scenes featurettes:

One of the most anticipated games of 2012 for me along with Hitman: Absolution and Sleeping Dogs(aka True Crime: Hong Kong).

Some old gameplay footage of Hitman: Absolution but played in a different fashion with some informative developer commentary:
    A new Sleeping Dogs interview:
    edited March 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Sleeping Dogs Story Trailer:
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    It looks like AC3 is being set during the American Revolution:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1219827p1.html

More details due on Monday.
    It looks like AC3 is being set during the American Revolution:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1219827p1.html

More details due on Monday.

I was hoping for any of these 3 things

1- feudal japan, with ninja assassins taking on samurai templars

2- a game using entirely desmond, in the modern day, set in somewhere like new york, still using you're hidden blade and parkour skills but also using modern assassin techniques, like john woo esque gun fu

3- victorian london

I'm happy enough with this news, I'm a big assassins creed fan and chances are I will love the next game no matter what, but considering the ending of revelations and how the whole thing has been building up to desmond stopping the end of the world in 2012, I think the modern day idea would've made most sense for AC 3.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I still haven't played Revelations or Brotherhood. I'm currently replaying AC2, once i've finished I do intend on picking the AC:R & AC:B.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    i gotta download 'LA Noire' and finish 'Battlefield 3' torrent.
    I still haven't played Revelations or Brotherhood. I'm currently replaying AC2, once i've finished I do intend on picking the AC:R & AC:B.

Don't expect too much out of brotherhood, its a great game and rome is huge (bigger than istanbul in revelations), but its more or less a continuation of AC 2 with some new weapons and features, revelations moves away from italy and that story though.

So brotherhood- AC 2 continued

Revelations- AC 2 sequel
    Looks like we're playing as a native american in assassins creed 3 during the american revolution, @MajorDSmythe was right

live trailer reveal tommorow here-
    I know little to nothing about this period of time, so it's going to be like an interactive history lesson for me. Just like the other AC games then. ;)

I wonder, if they continue (i'm sure if they wanted to, they'll find a way) could a WWI setting work. Now that i'd like to see.
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,882
    No trailer, but IGN have posted a few details of AC3:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1219876p1.html

EDIT

No, we do have a trailer:

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2012/03/05/assassins-creed-iii-debut-trailer
    No trailer, but IGN have posted a few details of AC3:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1219876p1.html

EDIT

No, we do have a trailer:

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2012/03/05/assassins-creed-iii-debut-trailer

I'm really excited but I hope they don't mess up the formula too much. AC works fine as it is, even if it does need some change. But still, can't wait to free run through trees and tomohawk wolves and soldiers.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    This really could be the best game of the year. I love Assassin's Creed!
    Samuel001 wrote:
    This really could be the best game of the year. I love Assassin's Creed!

I'm only buying 3 games this year- max payne 3, GTA V, and AC 3. Really can't wait for this one.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    i hoped GTA V launched next year, not now. :/
    edited March 2012 Posts: 28,694
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    i hoped GTA V launched next year, not now. :/

Trust me, it has to go through the recommended 4 delays which is the Rockstar standard. It'll be Q1/Q2 2013 at the soonest. ;)
    Trust me, it has to go through the recommended 4 delays which is the Rockstar standard. It'll be Q1/Q2 2013 at the soonest. ;)

Thank God! *-*
    If they released this year, it would be so early.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 401
    The only games I'm really looking forward to are Sniper Elite V2, Hitman: Absolution, and Medal of Honor: Warfighter.
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Thank God! *-*

I'd be truly surprised if it released Q3/Q4 2012. It appears that Rockstar have been very busy making the game and have progressed quite a bit, but I see early 2013 as a more likely release date for the title.
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Thank God! *-*

I'd be truly surprised if it released Q3/Q4 2012. It appears that Rockstar have been very busy making the game and have progressed quite a bit, but I see early 2013 as a more likely release date for the title.

Exact. And also, the trailer they did has some "obsolete" graphs for what i expect from GTA V. They had progressed so much in these 3, 4 months of development. Plus, they of course, need to make the game the slowest possible, to make it as perfect as possible.
    Anyway, until V is launched, or if it sucks, i say: No other GTA will beat San Andreas.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    No other GTA will beat San Andreas.

you mean nothing will beat GTA 2?
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Thank God! *-*

Exact. And also, the trailer they did has some "obsolete" graphs for what i expect from GTA V. They had progressed so much in these 3, 4 months of development. Plus, they of course, need to make the game the slowest possible, to make it as perfect as possible.
    Anyway, until V is launched, or if it sucks, i say: No other GTA will beat San Andreas.

San andreas was good, but I prefer vice city and IV.