Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• edited November 2011 Posts: 12,837
    "Unchartered"? OH no! We forgot to charter a bus!

No, but seriously, Assassin's Creed Revelations will rock. As will the MGS HD Collection.
    cant wait for AC revelations. 2 time periods, 2 assasins, double the awesomeness

since desmond is in some sort of coma throughout this game, after this one they should do one called "assasins creed: last stand" where we play as desmond in the modern day assasin era, as he awakes and decides to finish it once and for all.

then the game after we can FINALLY have assasins creed 3, with a new hero who has new ancestors.

Mod Edit: Swear word removed. Please watch the language.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm not sure if anyone heard about it, but (and don't quote me on this) either the Official PlayStation Magazine or something promoted their new magazine yesterday as having all the new, juicy details on Grand Theft Auto V...and all it showed was everything we saw in the trailer. No new details, hints, nothing. They knew as much as we did, only thirty days late.

But, time will tell. People have been putting together the time difference between the GTA IV trailers, news bits, etc., and we should get something this month.
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 127
    I am really looking forward to:

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City(XBOX 360)
    NFL Blitz (XBOX 360)
    Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS)
    Mario Kart 7: (3DS)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Yeah, I'm seeing good things from Operation Raccoon City, but the next canon installment, Revelations, looks even better. Maybe it can erase the stain on the franchise that is Resident Evil 5.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    I just recently picked up Jurassic Park : The Game from Telltale Games - i got it for the 360... I was a fan of their episodic adventure of Back To The Future, so I figured I would give this game a shot... and considering that it's only $30, id say it's worth the pick up thus far for any JP fan.... it doesn't play as a conventional side scroller, or platformer, or RPG... it has of cinematics, and quicktime interaction to progress your characters along... but for this, it works really well.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Here is my video channel. It hasn't reviews, it just has soundtracks of Driver: San Francisco, California Speed, etc. and many more soundtracks and gameplays.
    My newest videos is from Driver: San Francisco, check them out on my channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/X3MSonicXP?feature=mhee
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Say, is Driver: SF good? I'd like to get it some day to wash my hands of the stain that was Parallel Lines, and I wanted to know if it was any good.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Yes, It is really good. The Best Driver ever, after Driver 1 and 2. You heard about that shift thing? If you did, it actually IS good. it can get u out from trouble, help you and save your life in some missions. You'll love it.

Also, Tanner is A lot more "comedian" than in Driv3r, as on this and previous games he was a lot more cold-blood guy. In this one he's a lot more funny and also less closed.
    It's like he was changed a lot from 3 to San Francisco.
    Plus, returning to the shift thing... It doesn't sucks as the reviews says. It is a very innovative and original thing, Ubisoft made a great work on this.

No forgetting about the main theme, the jazzy can't make me stay still. lol
    What do you play it on? I've heard the Wii version is different, and if so, I'm probably going to end up buying the 360 and Wii versions.
    I played it on PC, as you can see on my videos. :)
    I'll give it a try, when I've got the money (the game, not the videos, the videos I'll check out later today).
  • Skyrim is gonna be great. And assasins creed: revelations is awesome, but the ending just makes it more confusing.
    Anybody looking forward to the Silent Hill HD Collection? Because I'm not. I played them on the PS2 and thought they were great, but on today's consoles with different voice acting (even if you get to switch back to the old stuff), they're going to be completely different experiences than before.
    Reading up on GTA5 it appeares that it's only LA BUT it will be 5x larger the GTA4.
    Let's just hope it has more to do in Los Santos. GTA4 Liberty City was really lacking in the "ambient world" feeling, because there was almost nothing to do other than the story.
    Y'know, now that I think about it: why isn't this in the Gaming section? It's not like every discussion in that section is Bond related.
    I'm going nuts because I'm watching Spike's VGAs and I just saw a trailer for The Last of Us. It looks AWESOME!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'm going nuts because I'm watching Spike's VGAs and I just saw a trailer for The Last of Us. It looks AWESOME!

Not into zomebie games, but if NaughtyDog has their figures in that pie sign me up!

The Last of Us looks fantastic. Also was really excited about the new Bioshock Infinite trailer. But can I ask what the hell happened to Metal Gear Solid Rising?

All in all, good show this year. Wish Batman won over Skyrim (even though Skyrim is awesome), but great show otherwise
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2011 Posts: 28,694
    I still have no idea how Batman managed to win best action/adventure game over Uncharted 3. Let's see, fighting henchmen and gliding...ok... Now lets look at Uncharted. *SPOILER* Bar fight, escaping burning chateau, going down in and falling out of a plane, getting drugged, chasing a man through Yemen, escaping from a capsized ship, almost dying in a desert, and escaping a crumbling city. Don't see how Batman should win that one...
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Arkham City was pants (imo), Asylum was Better.

The trailer of The Last Of Us (though not muh can be made from that teaser), let's just say that I have faith in ND in giving us a really good survival horror. If it's an entire city that the player has to traverse, then i'm reminded of the much forgotten PS2 game SOS:The Final Escape. Though with TLOU out in 2012, does this mean that we may not have U4 in 2013?

There's also Lollipop Chainsaw (cheerleader heroine + zombies + a chainsaw + a severed head ally = good ol' schlocky campy fun).
  • bondbat007 wrote:
    The Last of Us looks fantastic. Also was really excited about the new Bioshock Infinite trailer. But can I ask what the hell happened to Metal Gear Solid Rising?

All in all, good show this year. Wish Batman won over Skyrim (even though Skyrim is awesome), but great show otherwise

skyrims map is good and there's lots to do but I played it at a mates house the other night and the combat isn't very good (assasins creed has the best sword fighting)

• I have been excluded from this sub-culture due to my epilepsy but this looks good.
    Next game im getting would have to be yakuza dead souls :)

The trailer of The Last Of Us (though not muh can be made from that teaser), let's just say that I have faith in ND in giving us a really good survival horror. If it's an entire city that the player has to traverse, then i'm reminded of the much forgotten PS2 game SOS:The Final Escape. Though with TLOU out in 2012, does this mean that we may not have U4 in 2013?

There's also Lollipop Chainsaw (cheerleader heroine + zombies + a chainsaw + a severed head ally = good ol' schlocky campy fun).

I fully agree on the Batman AC<Batman AA notion. I too am worried about U4 not coming but ND split up into two teams so one could be handling TLOU and the other U4. I think TLOU will release whenever that is, ND's main team will hammer out development on U4 and at the 2012 VGAs we'll get a trailer for it and a set release for late 2013. That is how it has been in the past for Uncharted.
  • Arkham City was pants (imo), Asylum was Better.

I fully agree on the Batman AC<Batman AA notion. I too am worried about U4 not coming but ND split up into two teams so one could be handling TLOU and the other U4. I think TLOU will release whenever that is, ND's main team will hammer out development on U4 and at the 2012 VGAs we'll get a trailer for it and a set release for late 2013. That is how it has been in the past for Uncharted.

Batman ACs problem was that it threw all the villians in for the sake of it, and the plot had a big hole. Also, it had kind of been done before in AA. I know the story is different but the main idea of batman being trapped in a prison full of his enemies doesn't excite me anymore. Plus new badass robin was only in it for 30 seconds (robin comes in and kicks ass, "hey batman, its me!!!! im here to help you, lets do this!!!", then batman basically stuck up a giant middle finger and carried on alone.

On topic, I hope we get asssasins creed 3 next year and I hope they've found a way to make it even better. AC revelations is the best game I've ever played and they did a great job making it even more cinematic. I would recommend AC revelations to anyone who is a fan of stealth, adventure, tomb raiding, free running, awesome fighting and leaping of towers into bales of hay. The plot throughout the series has been building up towards the end of the world in 2012 so if we don't get a game next year then it would be very disapointing.

I also can't wait for uncharted 4, but if they follow the current pattern that won't be until 2013 :(
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I, too, am looking forward to The Last Of Us.

Though I have to say, the entire VGA's last night were extremely disappointing. Was hoping for more GTA V news.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Batman ACs problem was that it threw all the villians in for the sake of it, and the plot had a big hole. Also, it had kind of been done before in AA. I know the story is different but the main idea of batman being trapped in a prison full of his enemies doesn't excite me anymore. Plus new badass robin was only in it for 30 seconds (robin comes in and kicks ass, "hey batman, its me!!!! im here to help you, lets do this!!!", then batman basically stuck up a giant middle finger and carried on alone.

On topic, I hope we get asssasins creed 3 next year and I hope they've found a way to make it even better. AC revelations is the best game I've ever played and they did a great job making it even more cinematic. I would recommend AC revelations to anyone who is a fan of stealth, adventure, tomb raiding, free running, awesome fighting and leaping of towers into bales of hay. The plot throughout the series has been building up towards the end of the world in 2012 so if we don't get a game next year then it would be very disapointing.

I also can't wait for uncharted 4, but if they follow the current pattern that won't be until 2013 :(

I want to play Brotherhood & Revelations (that's right, I haven't played them), but i'm put off at how Ubisoft are churning a game out a year, rather than the 2 year gap between AC & AC. Also, I would rather each game focus on both Desmond and an anscestor, instead we get three games with Desmond + Ezio (of which I preffered Alair). If AC3 has a new ancestor, then i'll bite the bait and put money down. If it's Ezio again, then I wont bother.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I, too, am looking forward to The Last Of Us.

Though I have to say, the entire VGA's last night were extremely disappointing. Was hoping for more GTA V news.

The VGAs last night was just what it always is. Presenters that don't even play any video games, pretty faces, and publicity stunts. That's all it has been and all you can come to expect. I have to admit though, when I saw the ND logo before the TLOU trailer I yelled with joy. Hopefully ND's main team get cracking on U4 and the other team get going on TLOU, which I hope is in 3rd person. As for U4, I think we'll get a trailer for it at the VGAs in 2012 and have a release date for Q4 2013, likely around November as usual. I do wonder, did ND take too much focus off U3 for TLOU or are they just saving some surprises for U4?? I was disappointed to see that in U3 we never learn more about Nate's upbringing. We learn that Nathan Drake isn't his real name and that his mom committed suicide but then that's it. We learn nothing more and it leaves me feeling empty. So in retrospect I hope ND have a great plan set for U4 that deals with getting to know Nate more than ever and get a real connection to him. I expect so much more out of U3 and I have to admit it leaves me feeling a little upset. ND made U2, a masterpiece quite frankly, too early and I hope that it doesn't turn into another situation where a gaming company can never live up to its earlier games. I still have hope for my favorite gaming company though.