No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    00Agent wrote: »
    mattjoes wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    CR (...) was grounded, but completely exhilarating and bursting with life and energy.
    Perfectly described. It remains the highlight of this era and I hope they go back to its style with the next film.

With Boyle it is entirely possible. Even though he has a style of his own of course. But he is pretty much known for vibrant and exhilarating movies.

I have been watching all of Boyles movies in the last 2 Month and I came to the conclusion that Boyle may be my favorite director to ever take on Bond. I never cared for any of the other guys BEFORE their Bond gig. With Boyle i love almost his entire filmography.

There are a couple of things i would like to point out, there is definitly some connective tissue in his movies that may be hinting at what he could do with Bond25. What he seems to be mostly drawn to are storys where the main character goes through absolute hell just to come out victorious at the other end, from Trainspotting, Slumdog millionaire, 28 Days Later to Sunshine, 127 Hours (in spades).
    He is a sucker for happy endings with a meaning behind them. I have a strong feeling he will utilize that in B25.

Meneds was completely different, moody, more drawn to slightly nihilistic Material, and it shows in both his films. He liked to dwell in moods, while Boyle comes straight to the point, thats why his movies are relatively short. They could not be more different from one another.
    Yeah, I've got a good feeling about Boyle, for the reasons you stated. I'm not well-versed in his filmography, but from what I've seen (Trainspotting and 127 Hours), his filmmaking is indeed high-energy and engaging. With Bond 25, I also hope we get a bigger emphasis on plot than in Mendes' films.

And with that, I'm off this thread. So long, folks!

French_Connection_II_C-e1320508476685.jpg

Well he certainly left with his tail between his legs...

I should probably do the same right about know. There will be nothing of substance until December and I get tired of rumors. So i will try and stay away for a couple weeks. Wish there were a function to hide certain threads.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'd like to hide particular threads, too, so I could stay here throughout production spoiler-free (given that we don't have that one new member who spoils plot points in unrelated threads like we almost always do).
    Canada, Australia & South Africa would be nice
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    I won't leave until production begins December 3 I was so overly excited during spectre's production that I basically dissected every single leaked production photo online this time I'm going to stay as much away from it as possible I will still watch the trailers though
    I'm saying now that I'll avoid all the trailers before seeing the movie. I'm also saying now that I have horrible self-control and will likely cave mere minutes after the first teaser releases.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited May 2018 Posts: 10,586
    I could never not watch the trailers. I'd be missing out on the most exciting part of the build up to release.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I'm saying now that I'll avoid all the trailers before seeing the movie. I'm also saying now that I have horrible self-control and will likely cave mere minutes after the first teaser releases.

That's me too. I do love preproduction though,
    Finding out casting, and crew is o e of the pleasures of a Bond movie about to start filming!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I may watch the first teaser. That's it.
    What's this about Whoopie Goldberg performing the theme song?
    While I could never avoid teasers and trailers on Bond films, I limit myself on reading too many details, which is hard sometimes on sites like this. I recall going to Ain't It Cool News back in '99 and one of the moronic posters put in all caps the Elektra twist in TWINE, likely just to be a tool. These were the days before spoiler tags.

I've recently gotten into watching the Marvel universe movies and have been able to go into them pretty fresh as I hadn't watched a lot of those trailers closely or read about them extensively. It's made viewing things like Captain America: The Winter Soldier refreshing. Although having seen certain other films it leaves you a bit lost on certain matters.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

jake24 wrote: »
    I could never not watch the trailers. I'd be missing out on the most exciting part of the build up to release.
    This gives you release?
    StarcraftAVALON.png
    Wow, never heard that one before.
    It reaches a point where we just want to know what's going on. If there is a four year gap, ok but tell us and give us an explaination for it. Nothing wrong with a bit of honesty.

Nothing to do with honesty but probably with last times leaks.
    Not the fans fault but not theirs either. So now, they polay it close to their chest.
    Seems normal to me. And STOP reperating yourself over and over .. and over again. It makes no sense whatsoever and is - I might add - a bit of a brainless effort.

edited May 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Honestly, what could they have announced really, up until recently? Nothing more than they did last summer. They didn't have a script, they didn't have a director and they didn't have a distributor. Once that all came together, we got the announcement, and in May as some of us expected.

Now, can they ( and when I say they I mean Craig for his desire for rest, Babs for her interest in other projects besides Bond & MGM for having their head up their a##es with grandiose aspirations they cannot achieve) be blamed for the four year delay? Yes, I think they can, but there really wasn't much they could have announced up until last week.

I don't expect much until December either like many, but believe we'll start getting some leaks within the next couple of months regarding actor hopefuls.
    If yo coinsider, that MWilson announced, that he expected the distribution deal come through how longh ago? Spring of 2016 oder 17? If yoiu go by that, you might have an idea, that none of the above was responsible for the delay.
    Boyle spoke in Liverpool today about Bond 25 and revealed why he said "yes" to the gig.

I also asked a girl on Twitter and supposedly he didn't mention Bond...perhaps she wasn't paying that much attention.

I hear you, BT. Someone on AICN told me that M dies in Skyfall prior to the film's release. Grrrr!
    Germanlady wrote: »
    If yo coinsider, that MWilson announced, that he expected the distribution deal come through how longh ago? Spring of 2016 oder 17? If yoiu go by that, you might have an idea, that none of the above was responsible for the delay.
    I didn't pay much attention to what he said. They had no script, they had no actor and they had no director in 2016. Yet they wanted 'the money' to sign up for a one picture deal? On the basis of what? The Bond brand name? Goodwill?

They had to get all of that sorted out and locked before they finalized the deal with the distributor, which common business sense would suggest would have been the case. It took them almost a year after Craig announced his return to finalize it all.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Boyle spoke in Liverpool today about Bond 25 and revealed why he said "yes" to the gig.

I also asked a girl on Twitter and supposedly he didn't mention Bond...perhaps she wasn't paying that much attention.

Anybody know what Boyle said about bond 25?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5783357/James-Bond-return-Daniel-Craig-seen-reprising-007-role-TIME-gets-work-set.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Just saw this pop up; love how this article states they aren't shooting until December, while simultaneously stating Craig is now filming the movie.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I didn't pay much attention to what he said. They had no script, they had no actor and they had no director in 2016. Yet they wanted 'the money' to sign up for a one picture deal? On the basis of what? The Bond brand name? Goodwill?

They had to get all of that sorted out and locked before they finalized the deal with the distributor, which common business sense would suggest would have been the case. It took them almost a year after Craig announced his return to finalize it all.

Well, when he said it, they didn't have all of that and STILL, he assumed, the deal woud be closed. I would think, he knows, what is possible and not. Something delayed the process and I don't think, any of of here know, what exactly that was.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5783357/James-Bond-return-Daniel-Craig-seen-reprising-007-role-TIME-gets-work-set.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Just saw this pop up; love how this article states they aren't shooting until December, while simultaneously stating Craig is now filming the movie.

Suddenly Craig realizes there is no camera crew, no director, no co actors. Bet that will make him feel pretty dumb.

Well, when he said it, they didn't have all of that and STILL, he assumed, the deal woud be closed. I would think, he knows, what is possible and not. Something delayed the process and I don't think, any of of here know, what exactly that was.
    Bottom line is that in 2016 and into early 2017 they didn't have an actor, by the actor's own admission. Consequently, they didn't have a script and we know they didn't have a director either. If they assumed the deal could still close then they are guilty of unrealistic expectations (and in this case I'm referring to MGM, who perhaps informed MGW, since he isn't on the business end). That was my point about MGM being a problem as well. They all were in my view and all had a hand to play in this. What proportion is something we will never know. It's done now and I hope we never endure nonsense like this again.

He is there shooting a Heineken Ad. Perhaps in character as Bond.

http://www.regio7.cat/cultures/2018/05/28/james-bond-daniel-craig-roda/478463.html
    edited May 2018 Posts: 40,372
    Would've helped to include that information, as that article blatantly reads as him on set shooting the next installment. I initially thought I may have lapsed into a coma and it was December.
    Would've helped to include that information, as that article blatantly reads as him on set shooting the next installment. I initially thought I may have lapsed into a coma and it was December.
    True. I see they managed to get 'wrist slash' and 'only for the money' in the article too. It's been doing the rounds again since the announcement. Apparently it's up to £50m (yes pounds). I recall reading $25m just a few weeks back.
    True. I see they managed to get 'wrist slash' and 'only for the money' in the article too. It's been doing the rounds again since the announcement. Apparently it's up to £50m (yes pounds). I recall reading $25m just a few weeks back.

I saw that too. Give it a few weeks, Craig will be getting $100 million for B25. We just got a bunch of confirmations too so I had figured the clickbait and pulled-out-of-thin-air rumors would die down a bit, but no, they're in full swing still.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

I saw that too. Give it a few weeks, Craig will be getting $100 million for B25. We just got a bunch of confirmations too so I had figured the clickbait and pulled-out-of-thin-air rumors would die down a bit, but no, they're in full swing still.
    There was a very cringe-worthy rumour once in the past two years that Craig was offered $125 million for back-to-back dual Bond films.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    doubleoego wrote: »
    shamanimal wrote: »
    Agreed. Adele's title song for Skyfall was very Bondian.

It was the best Bond theme for 20 years. Derivative, but it worked.

I find YKMN to be better. Much better.

+1 on that. Wonderfully woven into the score as well, which helps give it and edge.

There was a very cringe-worthy rumour once in the past two years that Craig was offered $125 million for back-to-back dual Bond films.

Pretty sure it was a thousand billion trillion.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere

Bottom line is that in 2016 and into early 2017 they didn't have an actor, by the actor's own admission. Consequently, they didn't have a script and we know they didn't have a director either. If they assumed the deal could still close then they are guilty of unrealistic expectations (and in this case I'm referring to MGM, who perhaps informed MGW, since he isn't on the business end). That was my point about MGM being a problem as well. They all were in my view and all had a hand to play in this. What proportion is something we will never know. It's done now and I hope we never endure nonsense like this again.

http://www.regio7.cat/cultures/2018/05/28/james-bond-daniel-craig-roda/478463.html
    If I recall they shot the Heineken commercial for Spectre the previous year so 2014.

If I recall they shot the Heineken commercial for Spectre the previous year so 2014.
    I didn't know that. I know his hair was different in the ad in comparison to SP. So perhaps they are doing the same thing this time then. Filming in advance and tucking it away for release to coincide with the film.