No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Also confirms a December 3rd start date for filming.
  • OperationTroveOperationTrove Los Angeles
    edited May 2018 Posts: 3
    Looks like the scoop we were waiting for checked out: Release date, production start date, distributor announcement, and Boyle/Hodge confirmed.

While it's great to get so much solid news finally, Annapurna strikes me as maybe too small an outfit to handle such a huge film as Bond. But then again, I trust EON knows what they're doing. Plus, since Annapurna is one of the few film companies to also have its own gaming division, maybe this means we're a step closer to getting another Bond video game.
    I am damn happy about this. YAY!!!!!!!!!!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I had a feeling Universal would get this instead of Sony or Warner. Great news as far as I'm concerned.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded Dancing at midnight under the BeBop Moon
    edited May 2018 Posts: 11,746
    Yep, Universal is in for int'l distribution. Very happy to have Boyle and date of release. So here go onward now ... yes!! http://deadline.com/2018/05/james-bond-25-universal-pictures-international-mgm-annapurna-daniel-craig-danny-boyle-john-hodge-1202397905/
    What do we know about Hodge? Confirmed it's his script (with Boyle's ideas). If already discussed, just give me the page # in the thread to read about him, please. Screenwriter so incredibly important.
  • MurdockMurdock Mr. 2000
    Universal Exports meets Universal Studios. ;)
    edited May 2018 Posts: 11,746
    I looked briedly on internet for facts on Hodge but I'd like your opinions. I am not familiar with the films he has scripted.

And here is a quote from the article:

Wilson and Broccoli commented, “We are delighted to announce that the exceptionally talented Danny Boyle will be directing Daniel Craig in his fifth outing as James Bond in the 25th installment of the franchise. We will begin shooting Bond 25 at Pinewood Studios in December with our partners at MGM and thrilled that Universal will be our international distributor.”

“Under the leadership of Michael and Barbara, we couldn’t be more thrilled than to bring the next 007 adventure to the big screen uniting the incomparable Daniel Craig with the extraordinary vision of Danny Boyle,” said Ulrich. Glickman added, “It has been 16 years since Tomorrow Never Dies was distributed by MGM and it’s incredibly gratifying to be releasing this film alongside the powerhouse team at Universal.”

“Universal is extremely proud to collaborate with Michael, Barbara and MGM on the international marketing and distribution of Bond 25,” said Langley. “The unparalleled combination of Danny’s innovative filmmaking and Daniel’s embodiment of 007 ensured we simply had to be partners in the next chapter of this iconic series.”
    Wow. Huge news. Awesome.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Murdock wrote: »

I want a Bond themed ride at Universal Studios!
    Universal. Home of Abbott and Costello, the Universal classic monsters, Dragnet, Leave it To Beaver and now Bond.

I'm just thrilled to see big movement finally. And a confirmation for December shooting!!! This is very exciting.
    Murdock wrote: »

I want a Bond themed ride at Universal Studios!

Me too!
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 10,941
    At least we can lay our fears of an extra year or two delay to rest.
    Looks like B25 is set to roll.
    Full steam ahead!!!
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Looks like B25 is set to roll.
    326092-aston_martin_db5.gif

Boom! Confirmed! I hope everyone has a good night's sleep tonight
  • BirdlesonBirdleson San Jose, CAModerator
    As good as could be hoped for at this point.
    So happy things are confirmed at last to be moving ahead. Glad Boyle and his idea worked out, too. Excited to see what he will do.
    I'm happy enough I doubt I'll get much sleep right away.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Glad that what we already knew has now officially be confirmed. I'm really excited with universal being the WW distributor and seeing Boyle and Hodge's names attached...gives us something new and exciting to look forward to; especially Boyle directing. I'm starting to get CR/QoS era levels of excitement.

Now over the next 6 to 7 months we'll get casting news and a possible synopsis of what this film's going to be about. I just pray it's not lame and for crying out loud London/UK should only be used for the briefvscenes involving Bond getting his assignment!
    Looks like the scoop we were waiting for checked out: Release date, production start date, distributor announcement, and Boyle/Hodge confirmed.

While it's great to get so much solid news finally, Annapurna strikes me as maybe too small an outfit to handle such a huge film as Bond. But then again, I trust EON knows what they're doing. Plus, since Annapurna is one of the few film companies to also have its own gaming division, maybe this means we're a step closer to getting another Bond video game.

It's not Annapurna, per se. It's the joint venture that MGM set up with Annapurna to distribute each other's movies in the U.S. Annapurna's loto may or may not appear on the film. The first movie released under the joint venture, the Death Wish remake, I believe only had an MGM logo.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Universal. Home of Abbott and Costello, the Universal classic monsters, Dragnet, Leave it To Beaver and now Bond.

Also Magnum, PI, Columbo, McCloud, Quincy and Kojak while we're at it. :-)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I haven’t read the whole article, but did Universal take that one-picture deal? Or is it an open contract?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe JK ROFLing
    Universal logo at the start of the film, that will be different.

Great news, finally!
    I haven’t read the whole article, but did Universal take that one-picture deal? Or is it an open contract?

It is not specified. Only Bond 25 is mentioned
  • RC7RC7
    It’s been funny watching the circus. Right, @peter?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Great, finally some news with property. Waiting for the official confirmation from EON now. Maybe later today?
    Perhaps we will get our big cast/title press conference in November?