Who should be a Bond girl?

Comments

Gerard wrote: »
    We had a few in the past. Dink, for example. And the masseuse from FRWL.

Indeed. They were not exactly sticks.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    We could have a plump Bond girl. She doesn't have to be obese.
    Indeed. The distinction is an important one. Best to start slowly and increase (literally as well as figuratively) depending on how it goes and how the market responds. Tread lightly and feel our way forward, so to speak.

Somehow when someone mentions a bigger woman it seems some people here think we want Dawn French as the next Bond girl.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Good Dog, do you think Dink:

http://cinemorgue.wikia.com/wiki/Margaret_Nolan?file=Dink.jpg

even resembles the plus-size models mentioned?? I hope not @Ludovico. Dink, and, in fact, all Bond girls, deserve a place in Bond history since they are a part of the fantasy, no?

For anyone griping about Fleming's Bond not being Idris, he was also not writing about 210lbs women straddling 007 in a loving tryst.

I never said anything about the plus size models mentioned here. My comments are merely about the possibility of a plump Bond girl. Dink is an example of the body type that should still be acceptable for a Bond girl.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    I never said anything about the plus size models mentioned here. My comments are merely about the possibility of a plump Bond girl. Dink is an example of the body type that should still be acceptable for a Bond girl.

Damn right. Nothing wrong with that body. And she made it to the title sequence too!
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 103
    If only Rachel Riley was an actress.
    http://www.imagebam.com/image/56b1de649443783
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    edited April 2018 Posts: 2,730
    If only Rachel Riley was an actress.

Since when were Bond girls actresses?
  • If only Rachel Riley was an actress.

Since when were Bond girls actresses?

Okay, if only Rachel Riley wanted to be an actress.
    http://images.imagebam.com/7b/4b/a1/cc29b8584251813.png
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    https://goo.gl/images/V8ofyj

Cashpersia a reddit user who has had scoops on danny boyle's involvement with bond 25 proven accurate has claimed that sophie rundle of happy valley and peaky blinders fame is the frontrunner for the female lead she will probably play bond's alleged protege if cast
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    How about Ella Craig?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    How about Ella Craig?
    It'd be a good idea. Besides, I hear she's an actress herself.
    Is ella even an actress?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Is ella even an actress?
    Aspiring, I believe. She recently appeared in a film directed by Broccoli's daughter.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I'm not liking this whole protege angle at all.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    https://goo.gl/images/V8ofyj

Cashpersia a reddit user who has had scoops on danny boyle's involvement with bond 25 proven accurate has claimed that sophie rundle of happy valley and peaky blinders fame is the frontrunner for the female lead she will probably play bond's alleged protege if cast

The same user who only began talking about Danny Boyle a whole week after the original story came out? Pathetic.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    doubleoego wrote: »

Neither am I. Seen it in other films before, not something that gets me intrigued plot-wise. Hoping it doesn't pan out and is mere rumor, but who knows at this rate - so many rumors from so many different angles.
    I can't see craig wanting his own daughter in a bond film with him
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Neither am I. Seen it in other films before, not something that gets me intrigued plot-wise. Hoping it doesn't pan out and is mere rumor, but who knows at this rate - so many rumors from so many different angles.
    Not keen on the idea either. Something makes me think they will royally screw this plot angle if they go down this path, Boyle or no Boyle.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I was hoping to get as close to a straightforward mission/standalone movie as we could, so I really hope it won't happen.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I was hoping to get as close to a straightforward mission/standalone movie as we could, so I really hope it won't happen.
    Same. We are long overdue for a clean, bare bones, no frills, on the job mission.

Crummy idea. Sadly it's perfectly in line with this newfound tradition of the Craig era having awful ideas that actually make it to the screen: effed up gunbarrels, brother-gate, forced story arc, etc .
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    The protégé thing is nothing more than an internet rumour, so it's nothing to stress over at this early a stage.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I still fully support Talulah Riley as a Bond girl.

2jbpgqt.jpg
    So do I.

Now, from the new version of MacGyver, may I suggest Ms. Tristin Mays ?

macgyver_tristin_mays_et_amy_acker_1.jpg

And from the same show, Ms. Kate Bond :

MV5BNzc1ODYwMjM5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjA5NjY5OQ@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
  • I can't see craig wanting his own daughter in a bond film with him

Agreed, the sex scenes would be awkward as f.
  • Ludovico wrote: »

Dude, that woman was not plump at all, she just had large breasts.

2f0599057943778a9392511cf0e9511f.jpg
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 175
    She may not be large enough for Goldeneye0094, but I think Noomi Rapace would be a great choice.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited May 2018 Posts: 13,882
    Karoline Hurfurth

Karoline-6151.jpg

I have only seen her in Perfume: Story Of A Murderer, which I don't remember much of. But she has a striking look. And at 34, she is the right age for either Craig, or preferably, a new Bond.

Dude, that woman was not plump at all, she just had large breasts.

2f0599057943778a9392511cf0e9511f.jpg

She sure did. But we have seen thinner Bond girls. I would consider Dink slightly on the plump side, at least by today's standards.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 464
    She may not be large enough for Goldeneye0094, but I think Noomi Rapace would be a great choice.

@HarmonyRockets First and foremost I am very diverse in my choice of women second of all I don't want someone who is 500 pounds to be a bond girl yes I am attracted to alot of bigger women but that doesn't mean I feel like all big girls should be bond girls it would just be nice to have some body diversity in the roles plus I think noomi rapace would be an interesting choice hell I would love to see daisy ridley as a bond girl in the future
    How about Felicity Jones? I'm open to her in a future Bond film, either as main Bond babe, secondary MI6 throwaway (a'la Strawberry), MP (time for Naomi to go imho) or even, heaven forbid, Bond protege. She's attractive in an unassuming and wholesome way and a decent actress.

2hKkSn6.jpg
    q5Djo54.jpg