Who should be a Bond girl?

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    In the very first shot, she looks like as if she was a very young incarnation of Barbara Broccoli.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Indeed she does look a bit like BB, she also reminded me in some photo's of Gal Gadot. Maria Valverde is 31 so probably too young for DC's Bond.
    I love Sophie Turner but there's something about her face and demeanour that doesn't fit a Bond girl imo. Don't know what exactly. Just an impression.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Maisie Richardson-Sellers could be good as a henchwoman. She's fit. I didn't realize this before, but apparently she had a small part in TFA.

Maria Valverde can work for me, with a younger Bond #007. Certainly not with Craig, despite her definite resemblance to his biggest backer and patron.
    ----
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I love Sophie Turner but there's something about her face and demeanour that doesn't fit a Bond girl imo. Don't know what exactly. Just an impression.
    I can see where you're coming from. Perhaps it's her wholesomeness and innocence? Bond girls normally have a little naughtiness/cheekiness to them - the best ones anyway imho.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    We are talking Bond Girls, right, not Bond villainess? The former don't really have a naughtiness to them, the latter... I guess so.

How about Maria Valverde and Sophie Turner as Bond Girls in the same film. Their looks would contrast each other nicely.

adKNWzN_460s.jpgSophieTurnerWella_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg?imwidth=450

With a younger Bond, naturally.
    We are talking Bond Girls, right, not Bond villainess? The former don't really have a naughtiness to them, the latter... I guess so.

How about Maria Valverde and Sophie Turner as Bond Girls in the same film. Their looks would contrast each other nicely.

adKNWzN_460s.jpgSophieTurnerWella_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg?imwidth=450

With a younger Bond, naturally.
    Outstanding. I can go for that.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Maisie Richardson-Sellers could be good as a henchwoman. She's fit. I didn't realize this before, but apparently she had a small part in TFA.

Maria Valverde can work for me, with a younger Bond #007. Certainly not with Craig, despite her definite resemblance to his biggest backer and patron.
    ----
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I can see where you're coming from. Perhaps it's her wholesomeness and innocence? Bond girls normally have a little
    naughtiness/cheekiness to them - the best ones anyway imho.

Yes there's something virginal and innocent about her. I'd see her as Lucy Westenrae in a Dracula adaptation that would be faithful. But I can't see her as a Bond girl. And although she's a perfect English rose and there were English roses as Bond girls in the past I'd say she lacks a certain aura of mystery and/or exoticism.
  • Sophie Turner, while attractive, has a somewhat childish, at times whiny voice which causes her to read as much younger than she actually is. Which is perfect for her character on Game of Thrones or as one of the young X-Men, but her over-youthfulness would make her feel quite out of place for Bond.

The opposite is actually one of the reasons I was never able to buy into the Bibi subplot of FYEO (apart from it, again, just feeling strange for the world of Bond to the point of its being rightfully spoofed by an episode of Archer). Lynn-Holly Johnson, despite deliberately whining half her lines, neither looked nor sounded like a teenager (nor was she one in real life). She looked like any other girl Moore had bedded in any of his other films, despite the script telling us we're meant to regard the actress differently in this case.
    That's it! She looks and sounds childish!
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 727
    There should not be American Bond girls. They lack class, grace, allure and a sense of mystery.
    Tell that to Olivia Wilde.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2018 Posts: 23,334
    Olivia Wilde is seriously hot

CYtD.gif
    And classy
    Damn right she is!
    Fixed the above gif
    Stephanie Corneliussen should be a Bond girl

mrrobot_s2_cast_stephanie-corneliussen.jpg?itok=1GpBdfTw

Sonoya Mizuno would also be great

MV5BZWRkYTU2MGMtMGE4OC00MjExLTg1ZmItMDFhOWQzZjhmNDEyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDg1MjM0ODk@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,845,1000_AL_.jpg
    She was my dream Bond Girl in the Craig era for a Goldfinger-like film in his tenure. Sadly, that ship has sailed.
    While I don't like to exclude anyone based on nationality, I must admit that the American girls in Bond films have generally not been impressive for me, at least in comparison to the famed European choices.

I will make an exception for this one however. I wasn't a fan of hers for the longest time, but since her star turn in TDKR I have had a complete change of opinion.

She can be as classy as the best of them. Top drawer actress too.
    rMauztd.jpg
    0JJgXJ7.jpg
    Sgfl0no.jpg
    ZzFgzmL.jpg
    edited August 2018 Posts: 23,334
    Oliver Wilde is just my dream woman full stop lol

Hathaway I could go with that definitely, the problem with previous American Bond girls is they are written very similar, you could interchange them easily from one film to another.

Stephanie Corneliussen looks like a femme fatale type for sure.
    Olivia Wilde is seriously hot

CYtD.gif
    And classy

I’ve been advocating Olivia Wilde for ages. But have her play English.

In fact I would take the entire cast of Ron Howard’s Rush and just put them in a Bond film (plus Howard as the director of course) . Daniel Bruhl would make a great villain with Alexandra Maria Lara as the villain’s moll.

The question is what do you do with Hemsworth? Could he have been Bond? He’d had been hilarious in the role. His Thor is an absolute riot.
    Rush is masterpiece of a movie. And Olivia's English accent in it was impeccable, at first I questioned my eyes whether I was seeing her or an English actress that looked like her. I'd actually love to have Olivia on board as an Englishwoman, but also have her play a seductive bad girl (no, I don't mean "villainess").
    Yep she does English better than the English. Very impressive accent. American women seem much better at playing English than American men for some reason. Can’t think of an equivalent male performance where they get it so right.

Hemsworth for Bond is already out there, unsurprisingly. They could do worse.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/915335/James-Bond-007-Chris-Hemsworth-Daniel-Craig-Avengers-Infinity-War-Thor-Ragnarok-next-Bond/amp
    I have Rush on Bluray definitely one of Ron Howard's best, Olivia is great in that film... Its due a rewatch.
    Morena Baccarin. After seeing the Deadpool series, I'm more convinced than ever that she at least deserves an audition pronto. She can do sexy, innocent, charming, deadly..whatever you want.

She's got a great smile (among other winning attributes), an exotic look which I find appealing and can even rock the short hair look. At 39, she can even play opposite our current mature Bond without creating too much of a stink. She's not too tall for him either.

Seems like a winner to me. Get on it EON!

lozbjAT.jpg
    LsspJvb.jpg
    IgBflTY.jpg
    RvEnm1S.jpg
    ZLAvHji.jpg
    uaspUe5.jpg
    Christ Almighty!

@bondjames, you dawg! :D
    Thought you'd like this choice @ClarkDevlin. Honestly, I think she'd be great.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Yep, she's great in Gotham and Firefly too, and would certainly fit in Bond's world.
    There's actually a Bond Girl in the 2015 comic book (I probably have showcased this before) that looks a lot like Morena Baccarin.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 13,929
    @ClarkDevlin You did mention this once before. Certain things, I never forget. ;)
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Ask and you shall receive.

giphy.webp

Seriously though, Baccarin could play an amazing, smoking hot, femme fatale. She has the right amount of crazy/sexy to her
    00Agent wrote: »
    Ask and you shall receive.

giphy.webp

Seriously though, Baccarin could play an amazing, smoking hot, femme fatale. She has the right amount of crazy/sexy to her
    Outstanding! She's got a sunny disposition which comes through in her films too. I think she'd liven up a Bond film nicely.