Who should be a Bond girl?

Comments

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited November 2018 Posts: 2,541
    We only had one bikini scene in craig era which wasn't that good. I want a bond girl to rock the boat in bikini in bond 25. How about lara pulver terrific actress with those sexy eyes and she is 38 right now.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Nope. Nope. Nope. Lara Pulver is reserved only for me, lad. ;)

Ha ha... I recently watched Fleming: the man who would be bond and she was terrific in it.

Ha ha... I recently watched Fleming: the man who would be bond and she was terrific in it.
    Honestly, after her appearance in Sherlock and Fleming, I turned into a huge Lara Pulver fan. :D

In fact, I heavily based my female protagonist on her.

Honestly, after her appearance in Sherlock and Fleming, I turned into a huge Lara Pulver fan. :D

Thats why I am so convinced that she could be great in bond25 if got the part, it will be like watching Eva Green all over again. Watch her in da Vinci demons and thank me later.

Thats why I am so convinced that she would be great in bond25 if got the part, it will be like watching Eva Green all over again. Watch her in da Vinci demons and thank me later.
    Oh I have.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the vast similarity she has with Eva Green. It's like they're siblings or relatives.

Thats why I am so convinced that she would be great in bond25 if got the part, it will be like watching Eva Green all over again. Watch her in da Vinci demons and thank me later.
    Oh I have.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the vast similarity she has with Eva Green. It's like they're siblings or relatives.

Same here.
    Could definitely see Lara Pulver as a main villain in the vein of Elektra King.
    Bridget Regan, anyone? ;)

DmC5gZaUcAAUYyj.jpg

bridget10.jpg

794854_mobile-bridget-regan-wallpapers_1280x800_h.jpg
  • Katja Herbers from Westworld. She's 38 so not too young for Craig.

westworld-new-actress.jpg

DmC5gZaUcAAUYyj.jpg

bridget10.jpg

Stunning I have seen her in white collar. But Don't know if she could play an evil Character.
    edited November 2018 Posts: 15,423

DmC5gZaUcAAUYyj.jpg

bridget10.jpg

Stunning I have seen her in white collar. But Don't know if she could play an evil Character.
    Oh believe me, she can. See her in Agent Carter. She's been playing villainesses for years, now. She's the type of actress who can get under your skin through her character very easily, and make you love her. That's why I'm quite fond of her myself.

mv5bmje1oty4ndu0nl5bml5banbnxkftztgwnjq5ntkwmte-v1-sx640-sy720--111643-1280x0.jpg

last_ship_bridget_regan.jpg

DeBzFObUwAAiD-l.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    She might be a bit left field, by that I mean isn't an obvious choice when one thinks 'Bond Girl', but what about Michelle Williams?

Michelle+Williams+2016+New+York+Film+Critics+6OOq9bDPJPnx.jpg
    Please no more Elektra king of villains.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
  • Bridget Regan? Absolutly! I loved her in Legend of the Seeker, she can be sexy, dead serious and a killing machine all in once.
    Bridget Regan? Absolutly! I loved her in Legend of the Seeker, she can be sexy, dead serious and a killing machine all in once.
    Hear hear. :D
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Holliday Grainger.

Either as Bond babe or new MP opposite Bond #007.

uKjlD5Y.jpg
    Jc0vSa0.jpg
    SqoUKjm.jpg
    Hoooly... day.

I approve. :D
    bondjames wrote: »
    Holliday Grainger.

Either as Bond babe or new MP opposite Bond #007.

uKjlD5Y.jpg
    Jc0vSa0.jpg
    SqoUKjm.jpg

She has a Bond girl-like name already!
    edited November 2018 Posts: 15,423
    She’d be wasted as Moneypenny. Use her as a Bond babe in her all potential and let her be provocative while she can be. Don’t waste her like Olga Kurylenko, Gemma Arterton and Lea Seydoux. All of the latter three who are sexy in real-life, were portrayed as uptight women.
    She’d be wasted as Moneypenny. Use her as a Bond babe in her all potential and let her be provocative while she can be. Don’t waste her like Olga Kurylenko, Gemma Arterton and Lea Seydoux. All of the latter three who are sexy in real-life, were portrayed as uptight women.

Olga :x
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    That's true actually. She has a bit of a girl next door thing going on which is why I mentioned MP, although I think Elizabeth Moss would be a much better choice for that role.

Holliday definitely has the goods for a main Bond girl though, goodie, baddie or both.
    She has a Bond girl-like name already!
    I never thought about that before, but you're right!
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland

I think this is a really good point... feminism forcing uptight portrayals instead of allowing sexy women to be that... as if it's a weakness in the first place. They need to create an ultra sexy lead character for a Craig film, good or evil (or both, Pussy Galore)...
    DoctorNo wrote: »
    I think this is a really good point... feminism forcing uptight portrayals instead of allowing sexy women to be that... as if it's a weakness in the first place. They need to create an ultra sexy lead character for a Craig film, good or evil (or both, Pussy Galore)...
    Precisely. You couldn't be more right.

I've always said this, and I'll always repeat it, but feminism is cancerous. A haven for the insane. They've done their job with the first two waves but now they're just nonsensical and that's putting it mildly. What those social justice warriors can't understand is that female sexuality and provocativeness have nothing to do with weaknesses. In fact, they're perfectly sharpened weapons to mentally weaken those who are attracted to women.

They want their women uptight? Fine. I'm not interested in watching uptight women or bearing any sort of interest in them, let alone Bond. They can have their Kara Milovys and Madeleine Swanns. I want my Honey Rider, my Jill Masterson, my Domino Derval and Pussy Galore. I want Bond Girls, not random every day women with daddy issues.

Now that you mentioned Pussy Galore, I always thought Kate Beckinsale would be a perfect fit for such role in the Craig era. I can already sense the chemistry between the two.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

I've always said this, and I'll always repeat it, but feminism is cancerous. A haven for the insane. They've done their job with the first two waves but now they're just nonsensical and that's putting it mildly. What those social justice warriors can't understand is that female sexuality and provocativeness have nothing to do with weaknesses. In fact, they're perfectly sharpened weapons to mentally weaken those who are attracted to women.

They want their women uptight? Fine. I'm not interested in watching uptight women or bearing any sort of interest in them, let alone Bond. They can have their Kara Milovys and Madeleine Swanns. I want my Honey Rider, my Jill Masterson, my Domino Derval and Pussy Galore. I want Bond Girls, not random every day women with daddy issues.

Now that you mentioned Pussy Galore, I always thought Kate Beckinsale would be a perfect fit for such role in the Craig era. I can already sense the chemistry between the two.

I would go for Fiona Volpe though..... Anyway, funny you should say that. My wife and I came to the same conclusion today: if women can't be women anymore, men can''t become gentlemen. It's one of the reasons so many of my country men and women find partners from abroad (guilty here too). For Dutch men aren't much men anymore, and the women aren't behaving like women either.

I would go for Fiona Volpe though..... Anyway, funny you should say that. My wife and I came to the same conclusion today: if women can't be women anymore, men can''t become gentlemen. It's one of the reasons so many of my country men and women find partners from abroad (guilty here too). For Dutch men aren't much men anymore, and the women aren't behaving like women either.
    Love Fiona Volpe too, sir. :D

I definitely sympathize with the assessment. It's not any different where I live, either.

She still can! A more "age appropriate" Bond girl too, like Monica Bellucci.
    She still can! A more "age appropriate" Bond girl too, like Monica Bellucci.
    Indeed.
  • I agree I would like a more happy-go-lucky, cool and collected Bond girl for once, instead of brooding women like Camille and Madeleine Swann. Vesper Lynd didn't need to be brooding to be interesting, I'm sure there are other ways to give them dimension other than making them resentful and childhood trauma survivors.

I also wouldn't mind a more capable fighter like Wai Lin for Bond 25.