Who should be a Bond girl?

Comments

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I agree I would like a more happy-go-lucky, cool and collected Bond girl for once, instead of brooding women like Camille and Madeleine Swann. Vesper Lynd didn't need to be brooding to be interesting, I'm sure there are other ways to give them dimension other than making them resentful and childhood trauma survivors.

I also wouldn't mind a more capable fighter like Wai Lin for Bond 25.

The thing is, Fleming was very good at these things: Bond is enamoured to Honey because of the way she lives in her own world. She's a strong character. As is Domino Derval who lives on the edge because ehe doesn't want to leave hr gilded cage. Teresa is too strong willed for her own good, which makes her fascinating person. Vesper is a professional whom he relly admires, so is Gala Brand (even to his chagrin, it's Bond who's agressively persuing her), etc. etc.

all interesting and strong women with their own lives, without this complicated behaviour. And certainly not the damsl in distress they are made out to be in the public press.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I agree I would like a more happy-go-lucky, cool and collected Bond girl for once, instead of brooding women like Camille and Madeleine Swann. Vesper Lynd didn't need to be brooding to be interesting, I'm sure there are other ways to give them dimension other than making them resentful and childhood trauma survivors.

The thing is, Fleming was very good at these things: Bond is enamoured to Honey because of the way she lives in her own world. She's a strong character. As is Domino Derval who lives on the edge because ehe doesn't want to leave hr gilded cage. Teresa is too strong willed for her own good, which makes her fascinating person. Vesper is a professional whom he relly admires, so is Gala Brand (even to his chagrin, it's Bond who's agressively persuing her), etc. etc.

all interesting and strong women with their own lives, without this complicated behaviour. And certainly not the damsl in distress they are made out to be in the public press.
    +1. Well said.
  • peterpeter Toronto

+1. Well said.

Yes, excellent post, Commander.
  • I have a feeling that Gal Gadot will get the female lead in the next film...

Her latest film with Universal (who are distributing Bond 25) just got pushed back 5 months. This likely had something to do with the Wonder Woman 1984's release getting delayed till summer 2020. Nonetheless, it frees time for Gal to do Bond 25...I think she's the sort of 'star' Eon are after and she was in London yesterday for the premiere of Wreck-It Ralph 2....perhaps she met with Eon and Cary?

Alternatively, would it be too scandalous for Rosamund Pike to return to the series? She has matured as an actress since DAD and could easily fit into the mould of either the leading lady or lead villain. She was very young when she made DAD but I would happily see her return as a new character opposite Craig. Much like Maud Adams before her...

Another actress who would be great if the role had some dramatic import would be Natalie Portman. But I imagine the role would require something quite radical and new to attract her attention. Personally, I think a filmmaker like Cary could attract her to the project. Perhaps the villain?

Wouldn't mind the first two, but no to Portman.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited November 2018 Posts: 2,541
    Gal Gadot is fine but not in the lead role. Other two are a no no.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2018 Posts: 4,441
    Greta Scarano (Italy/1986)
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3842427/

greta-scarano.jpg

qualche-nuvola-michele-alhaique-e-greta-scarano-in-una-scena-del-film-241817.jpg

IMG_3781.jpg
    Source/bigger picture: http://tonithorimbert.blogspot.com/2017/02/

Riccardo-Scamarcio-e-Greta-Scarano.jpg

greta-scarano-965100l.jpg

Foto4.jpg

greta-scarano-foto-chiamata-del-film-qualche-nuvola-k1jetk.jpg
    Crude compliment about Greta Scarano: if they have a scene in a pool or in the sea, health and safety is not a problem : she can float.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited November 2018 Posts: 11,139
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Greta Scarano (Italy/1986)
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3842427/

qualche-nuvola-michele-alhaique-e-greta-scarano-in-una-scena-del-film-241817.jpg

PracticalDeliriousDogwoodclubgall.webp
    She is just so beautiful and to this day she is in my opinion the only bond girl to have perfect chemistry with craig.
    Couldn't agree more.

Totally agree. Great chemistry with Craig. They wanted to recreate it so badly they cast 2 more French actresses in SF and SP.

None have come close to Vesper. In fact I'd say it's been a bit of a glaring gap in the subsequent Bond films.
    Belinda Stewart-Wilson who plays Polly, Will mum in the Inbetweeners
    Eiza González maybe
    With the next Bond actor, definitely.
    Gemma Chan.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I'd go for someone more stylish. I mentioned her here before,
    Deepika Padukone

Deepika+Padukone+Hot+Photos.JPG
    Minka-Kelly-in-a-Tight-Green-Dress6.jpg?w=940

Minka-Kelly-in-a-Tight-Green-Dress-3.jpg?w=940

59e0fe7def52e224008b4640-960-720.jpg

Minka kelly is 38 and looks amazing.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 3,333
    I must say, I've been really impressed with Riley Keough (Elvis Presley's granddaughter). She's already appeared in a Daniel Craig movie in Lucky Logan and with Jeffrey Wright in Hold the Dark. Also this girl can act!!! Check her out in It Comes at Night, Under the Silver Lake and the upcoming The House That Jack Built. If EON are looking for the next Eva Green, then look no further.

gettyimages-504396642.jpg?itok=nTqVrY3j&h=568c3a06
    edited December 2018 Posts: 2,541
    If EON is looking for villianous Eva Green then all hands down to Lara pulver Nobody does it better than her.
    There’s only one room for Lara Pulver, and it’s in my study. ;)
    If EON is looking for villianous Eva Green then all hands down to Lara pulver Nobody does it better than her.

Absolutely. A crime she hasn’t been in a Bond film.
    Univex wrote: »

Absolutely. A crime she hasn’t been in a Bond film.

Radiating Fiona Volpe, that would be a definate smoldering yes!

740full-lara-pulver.jpg
    All of a sudden, my missus is illuminating the thread. :D
    Well a picture says more then a thousand words, and as you fail to do the storytelling.....
    If EON is looking for villianous Eva Green then all hands down to Lara Pulver Nobody does it better than her.
    I wouldn't necessarily call Eva Green "villainous" in CR, despite her betrayal of Bond. Though I see your point in making a comparison in the looks department by suggesting Lara Pulver, that wasn't my intention. I meant on the impact front and coming with a smaller resume but having the potential to wow future audiences. Lara Pulver is the same age as Eva Green and already has a long established resume, therefore she cannot make the same impact as someone that's relatively new to the business like Eva Green did in 2006 with only 3 movie roles to her name. Though I think Lara Pulver would be good opposite Craig, I don't see her as a future Bond girl (or femme fatale for that matter) in B26 with a younger 007, unless she's cast in the current B25 that is. So just to clear up what I meant, I was referring to an actress that's virtually unknown but has that X-factor potential. Riley Keough is still mostly appearing in indie movies, but her profile is rising. Of course, she's also in The Girlfriend Experience based on Steven Soderbergh's 2009 movie of the same title.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    001 wrote: »
    Minka-Kelly-in-a-Tight-Green-Dress6.jpg?w=940

Minka-Kelly-in-a-Tight-Green-Dress-3.jpg?w=940

59e0fe7def52e224008b4640-960-720.jpg

Minka kelly is 38 and looks amazing.

tenor.gif?itemid=7810612

*nods approval*
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 17,279
    bondsum wrote: »
    If EON is looking for villianous Eva Green then all hands down to Lara Pulver Nobody does it better than her.
    I wouldn't necessarily call Eva Green "villainous" in CR, despite her betrayal of Bond. Though I see your point in making a comparison in the looks department by suggesting Lara Pulver, that wasn't my intention. I meant on the impact front and coming with a smaller resume but having the potential to wow future audiences. Lara Pulver is the same age as Eva Green and already has a long established resume, therefore she cannot make the same impact as someone that's relatively new to the business like Eva Green did in 2006 with only 3 movie roles to her name. Though I think Lara Pulver would be good opposite Craig, I don't see her as a future Bond girl (or femme fatale for that matter) in B26 with a younger 007, unless she's cast in the current B25 that is. So just to clear up what I meant, I was referring to an actress that's virtually unknown but has that X-factor potential. Riley Keough is still mostly appearing in indie movies, but her profile is rising. Of course, she's also in The Girlfriend Experience based on Steven Soderbergh's 2009 movie of the same title.

Unless the future Bond is supposed to bed a slightly older woman – for "queen and country", or just for his own pleasure (or both)?
    I can't honestly tell you which direction a future Bond movie will go with a younger actor in regards to him bedding older women, or cougars @Torgeirtrap. It might well happen. The current 007 is less of a Lothario than his predecessors so anything's possible. Of course Dalton had the AIDS scare which effected his sleeping partner ratio over his 2 movies. Crazy to think that when TLD came out the producers made a big deal about the new Bond not having multiple partners and not sleeping around. This could've also been a reason why Dalton failed to win over his full-blooded American audiences in the same large numbers as Connery, Lazenby and Moore did before him?

My personal opinion is that the producers would take the opportunity to cast a younger face as a romantic interest rather than an older one.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 17,279
    I can't honestly tell you which direction a future Bond movie will go with a younger actor in regards to him bedding older women, or cougars @Torgeirtrap. It might well happen. The current 007 is less of a Lothario than his predecessors so anything's possible. Of course Dalton had the AIDS scare which effected his sleeping partner ratio over his 2 movies. Crazy to think that when TLD came out the producers made a big deal about the new Bond not having multiple partners and not sleeping around. This could've also been a reason why Dalton failed to win over his full-blooded American audiences in the same large numbers as Connery, Lazenby and Moore did before him?

My personal opinion is that the producers would take the opportunity to cast a younger face as a romantic interest rather than an older one.

Oh, I definitely agree there, @bondsum. Bond's partners are always likely to be younger, and anything else would be surprising. A younger Bond opposite Lara Pulver (or a different actress with similar presence/looks) could be a one-off thing, just to get people talking. Interesting point re. the Dalton era. Have never thought about the number of women he slept with in the films, but EON had their reasons it looks like.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 2,541

I am not calling Eva Green a villianous Character in CR I am saying that lara could be another reminder of Eva Green but as a villianous Character. That way it won't be a rip-off of vesper and we get something fresh to the table.
    Well, it seems a different French lady will make her return...

Lea-Seydoux-Images-Photoshoot.jpg