No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• kg54mvpkg54mvp USA
    I still can see this film being a "Logan" type movie where the agent he "trains" saves him. Boyle will make it a fun ride, with a retro feel.

I just want Bond to be at full strength, and not be injured or "too old" to finish the mission.

Have him have the most brutal fight scene at the end, where he barely wins, looks at the young agent and say something like "welcome to MI6" or something like that. Don't make him look weak.
  • RC7RC7
    bondjames wrote: »
    For an older man, he's always seemed quite tapped into youth culture and that is reflected in his style of film making too. That's why I'm rather curious as to how he will reconcile that with the current state of affairs re: Bond.

Whatever happens, this will be quite interesting.

He’s a Manc, which, by default, makes him superior to 99% of humans. He’ll know what he’s doing.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Could some of our more active Twitter users ask some of the folk attending if Bond was mentioned.
    Something like this? ;)

88jB9x4.jpg
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Great.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Since eon is killing us with not giving us official news we have to believe in a random person named Charlotte
    Since eon is killing us with not giving us official news we have to believe in a random person named Charlotte

Better than nothing!
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    edited May 2018 Posts: 1,329
    RC7 wrote: »
    For an older man, he's always seemed quite tapped into youth culture and that is reflected in his style of film making too. That's why I'm rather curious as to how he will reconcile that with the current state of affairs re: Bond.

He’s a Manc, which, by default, makes him superior to 99% of humans. He’ll know what he’s doing.

"Classic MI6 vortex."
    Edited

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    She's going by what she's read on the internet in saying he is "confirmed." Nothing new here. But glad to see the gears are still running.
    Barbara, it's time to make an announcement.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 684
    "Cost a lot of money"

Where do we think this leaves the small budget speculation, then? Is this a case of the film being a lot of money for Boyle but not Bond? A throwaway comment to get a small laugh from the students? Is Boyle's idea one which would inherently take a lot of money to realize (which is sort of the opposite of what was anticipated when he entered the mix)?
  • RC7RC7
    edited May 2018 Posts: 10,512
    DCisared wrote: »

"Classic MI6 - vortex."

Ha ha.
    Strog wrote: »
    "Cost a lot of money"

Where do we think this leaves the small budget speculation, then? Is this a case of the film being a lot of money for Boyle but not Bond? A throwaway comment to get a small laugh from the students? Is Boyle's idea one which would inherently take a lot of money to realize (which is sort of the opposite of what was anticipated when he entered the mix)?
    The budgets of the last 5 Danny Boyle movies were:

T2: Trainspotting - $18 million
    Steve Jobs - $30 million
    Trance - $20 million
    127 Hours - $18 milion
    Slumdog Millionaire - $15 million

Anything above $50 million would be huge for a Danny Boyle movie, and anything below $125 would be VERY small for Bond.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    SPECTRE was one of the most expensive films ever made, so everything is relative.
    SPECTRE was one of the most expensive films ever made, so everything is relative.

Sure didn't feel like it…

Hard to imagine. Just think of what a talented moviemaking team could have made of that. Pity indeed!
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 684

Steve Jobs - $30 million
    Trance - $20 million
    127 Hours - $18 milion

Anything above $50 million would be huge for a Danny Boyle movie, and anything below $125 would be VERY small for Bond.
    Yes, that's just it. Hard to know what he considers a lot of money. It'll be interesting to see those comments in relation to whatever the final figure is.

I believe Boyle's most expensive film was THE BEACH. Budget $50 million in 2000, roughly $70 million in 2017 dollars. RED SPARROW was made for about $70 million. I'd be stunned to see Eon go that low, but if they're aiming squarely at spy thriller it'd work.

He's actually from Bury, which makes him superior to 99% of Mancunians.
  • RC7RC7
    Getafix wrote: »

He's actually from Bury, which makes him superior to 99% of Mancunians.

Anyone from Greater Manchester is a Manc.

That's always a good thing.
    Strog wrote: »

Steve Jobs - $30 million
    Trance - $20 million
    127 Hours - $18 milion

Yes, that's just it. Hard to know what he considers a lot of money. It'll be interesting to see those comments in relation to whatever the final figure is.

I believe Boyle's most expensive film was THE BEACH. Budget $50 million in 2000, roughly $70 million in 2017 dollars. RED SPARROW was made for about $70 million. I'd be stunned to see Eon go that low, but if they're aiming squarely at spy thriller it'd work.
    Add a few action setpieces and a number of big name salaries, and you´re easily at double the budget, without the main unit director having to worry about it too much.

Ludovico wrote: »

That's always a good thing.

And thankfully he's not a man city fan!
    Does anybody know the number to eon's office? I'm almost tempted to give them a ring lol
    Does anybody know the number to eon's office? I'm almost tempted to give them a ring lol

London: (+44) 020 7493 7953
    Los Angeles: (+1) 310 449 3185
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    And do what? Doesn't really reflect well on the forum or the fan base if you call them up and press them for questions. There's also no way you'd be able to get anything out of them.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    jake24 wrote: »
    And do what? Doesn't really reflect well on the forum or the fan base if you call them up and press them for questions. There's also no way you'd be able to get anything out of them.

Don't bother; I've tried a dozen times but he's incorrigible. There's really no other way to express "EON will make an announcement when the time is right" that'll get the point across further.

They don't cave to rumors and gossip, and they won't release news just because fans want it - it'll come when the time comes. Until then, be patient.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Don't bother; I've tried a dozen times but he's incorrigible. There's really no other way to express "EON will make an announcement when the time is right" that'll get the point across further.

They don't cave to rumors and gossip, and they won't release news just because fans want it - it'll come when the time comes. Until then, be patient.
    Fully agreed.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 464

@jake24 I was just joking I wouldn't seriously do that it was meant to be a joke
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,883

@jake24 I was just joking I wouldn't seriously do that it was meant to be a joke
    I assumed that much when you put the lol at the end of your post.
    ----

Whishaw indicated today that he felt that Boyle's style would be well suited to Craig.

Do others feel that way? I haven't seen much of Boyle's work, but I wonder. He's avant-garde certainly, but seems better suited to someone younger.

I had hoped it was, but that suggestion has been brought up seriously on numerous occasions.

I assumed that much when you put the lol at the end of your post.
    ----

Whishaw indicated today that he felt that Boyle's style would be well suited to Craig.

Do others feel that way? I haven't seen much of Boyle's work, but I wonder. He's avant-garde certainly, but seems better suited to someone younger.

To be honest I'm not sure Boyle is suited for Bond.