Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Full trailer for season 2 of Luke Cage:

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2018 Posts: 23,861
    The Russo Brothers Share Why They Magic’d Away Scarlet Witch’s Accent In ‘Avengers: Infinity War’

http://sciencefiction.com/2018/05/07/russo-brothers-scarlet-witch-accent-avengers-infinity-war/
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2018 Posts: 15,696
    The review embargo for Deadpool 2 ends on May 15th.
    I finally saw Infinity War last night! I have so much catching up on here

man-staring-off-into-the-distance-dougal-waters-digital-vision.jpg

.....and no one's talking about it anymore :( Can't wait so long these days, lol. But at least I can go back and read all the spoiler tags now
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain

.....and no one's talking about it anymore :( Can't wait so long these days, lol. But at least I can go back and read all the spoiler tags now

I know what you mean. I saw it almost a full week after it was released and that was about the time everyone stop talking about it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I still haven t seen it, boys.

+1

When is the bluray release?
    SaintMark wrote: »

+1

Oh no no no. I feel confident in saying that this is a must see while it's in theaters. Although it would help the experience a lot if you've seen at least most of the other MCU films.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I hope the Deadpool gimmicks can stay fresh in this film. Remember, we're a difficult lot. What we loved in a first film cannot simply be repeated in a second film. We want it again all right (otherwise the complaint will be that it's all too different) but we also want something new (otherwise the complaint will be that it's not different enough.) A difficult lot we are indeed, especially concerning comedy. So I truly hope that DP2 will work.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I hope the Deadpool gimmicks can stay fresh in this film. Remember, we're a difficult lot. What we loved in a first film cannot simply be repeated in a second film. We want it again all right (otherwise the complaint will be that it's all too different) but we also want something new (otherwise the complaint will be that it's not different enough.) A difficult lot we are indeed, especially concerning comedy. So I truly hope that DP2 will work.

That's supposedly why Tim Miller was fired, as he simply wanted to rehash things from the first movie rather than bring in fresh material.

That's supposedly why Tim Miller was fired, as he simply wanted to rehash things from the first movie rather than bring in fresh material.

If that's the case, then I'm glad he's not running the show this time around. It's okay to rehash one or two things but even then that can push it. Doing comedy sequels is a hard thing to do for some reason. In fact, right now I can only think of one series that was able to do it and, IMO, that's the Austin Powers trilogy.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

If that's the case, then I'm glad he's not running the show this time around. It's okay to rehash one or two things but even then that can push it. Doing comedy sequels is a hard thing to do for some reason. In fact, right now I can only think of one series that was able to do it and, IMO, that's the Austin Powers trilogy.

And Austin Powers rehashed a lot of jokes between movies (specifically 2 and 3), though it had plenty of new ones alongside them.
    True but I felt they mostly worked. The only joke I can recall that felt over done was the bit in Goldmember that had the Ozborn's in it.

They were always horrible from the start. Naked Gun is a better reference.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I think the most rehashed of all Austin Powers jokes was in the third. It repeated the jokes of the first and the second to death in three, which is why Goldmember is the least favourite among the fans.
    SaintMark wrote: »

+1

When will it be on tv?

So funny I mean David Beckham of course.

Can we have her for Bond 25, at least somebody that oozes quality and some wit.
    I should hope not.
    I should hope not.

A better choice than all those pseudo hard rock bands or singers. They just do not fit the franchise which always had a more campy titelsong and they worked best.
    Celine Dion previously performed three Bond songs back to back at a live concert in Las Vegas years ago. They all turned out beautifully, especially Goldfinger. So, yes. I am fully on board with Dion singing the title song.
    I've said that since I heard her sing "If You Asked Me Too" years ago. But a better candidate would be Kerry Ellis. Her version of "Diamonds are Forever" is really good.
    I also would’ve suggested Chaka Khan, but I’m afraid she screams too much.
    So after Bond ripping off Austin Powers, you guys want Bond to rip off Deadpool too?
    That's not a valid argument, mate.

Might as well we go ahead and say Bond would be ripping off Titanic.
    Or Beauty and the Beast.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Avengers: Infinity War debuts in China with $200M, global total at $1.6B

Marvel Studios‘ Avengers: Infinity War again dominated the global box office with a $349 million weekend, including an estimated $200 million from China, making it the second-biggest industry three-day opening ever there. Domestically, Infinity War added $61.8 million for a total of $547.8 million after three weeks, while internationally the film added $281.3 million for a total of $1.059 billion. That takes the global total to $1.607 billion, puts the film at No. 5 on the all-time global list, and makes it the highest-grossing Marvel Cinematic Universe release ever, surpassing Marvel’s The Avengers‘ $1.519 billion!

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Well, what do you know? That was a much bigger China haul than I expected. It may still be able to take out SW-TFA then. I doubt it, but it's possible because whatever it's lost in the US in comparison it can possibly make up in China. Only $400M to go.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited May 2018 Posts: 17,700

Just saw it too. I loved it. Well, and hated it too (in that Empire Strikes Back way- make me cry AND leave me hangin'???). It was awesome...