The NHL Thread

Comments

It amazes me how bad the Caps go from the regular season to the playoffs every year. Must be so disappointing for their fans. Just 3 more for the Pens to get to the next round. Maybe it will happen earlier than last time this year.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    STLCards3 wrote: »
    Blues fan from St. Louis here. Life is very hard.

Next season - take solace in the fact you boys only missed your shot by one single, solitary point. Much easier to stomach than, say, a Sabres or Senators fan!

The Blues are the masters of False Hope, though. They have missed the playoffs like 6x in 52 seasons. Many good to great teams. Always the Bridesmades and never the brides. the Sabers an Senators have all been a lot closer to winning the cup than the Blues despite this.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Your team is my worst hockey enemy :(

I know you aren't threatened by them...so what is the problem? :)

You know what they did... :(
    Vegas is killing it! 4-0 in the first period. Don't think I'm going to jump on the bandwagon just yet but they are fun to watch.
    peter wrote: »
    you're right @ringfire211 -- there must be some fans in Philadelphia that aren't foaming-at-the-mouth loony-bins--

But you guys are outliers, right?

And being classy and a Bond fan certainly sees you rising to the top of your brethren.

All joking aside-- welcome to Mi6 and welcome this thread.
    I'm sure there are plenty of classy fans in Philly! :) But actually the rowdy fans (and this isn't just limited to Philly) is the reason I don't attend sporting events. To me it's much more satisfying to watch these sporting events with friends and relatives at home. I don't need to put up with the traffic, the crazy yelling, and just the overall madness around me. I really don't like crowds. I never understood why people pack into these stadiums (and pay money to do so too) - rain, sleet, snow - nothing stops them!

Thanks, I've been here for a while - ever since IMDB shut down its discussion boards (which of course included the James Bond board). I don't spend too much time here, though I have been enjoying the "Dr. No versus the field..." thread.

You know what they did... :(

Who is your team?
    Blackhawks.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    wow-- Vegas... Just Wow...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    wow-- Vegas... Just Wow...

Someone had to finally lose that game and Vegas did it in stellar fashion.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    There’s something about Nashville that annoys me. I hope the Jets take them down
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited April 2018 Posts: 8,255
    I have a recital to do to tonight, so will be joining the game later. Fingers crossed that Laine uses that innate scoring touch to get a quick lead. I imagine Subban may be on him like a fly to s***.
    There’s something about Nashville that annoys me. I hope the Jets take them down

Same here, can't quite put my finger on it, but they're another one I'll endlessly root against.
    Winnipeg is my least hated division rival. I’d be most happy with them, the Lightning, or Golden Knights winning the Cup.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    They’re deceptive since they’re a smaller market team. But Maurice is a good coach, they have great goaltending, a superstar and a fast supporting cast of characters.

If anything, this series should be fast-paced!
    edited April 2018 Posts: 40,372
    Holy hell! Just tuned into this game, Jets up 1-0, despite trailing in shots 4-24. Insane. Hellebuyck is the true difference maker right now.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    thanks for the update-- that's nuts... But I'm honestly too down to watch hockey tonight considering my miss with 007. So, as I said on the 25 thread: I'm going to sulk, drink vodka and watch SF!!!
    2-0 now. Jets are looking good.

Yeah I really can't blame you. I'd be real bummed missing out on an opportunity like that. You never know, maybe you'll get lucky and have another chance in the future if he's ever back in the area.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I’ll be ready next time @Creasy47
    Glad to see the Jets get out in front.
    Blackhawks.

I would assume Blackhawk fans would feel of the Blues as Cards fans felt of the Cubs until about 2015: mockingly annoyed more than angry and threatened.
    Blackhawks.

I would assume Blackhawk fans would feel of the Blues as Cards fans felt of the Cubs until about 2015: mockingly annoyed more than angry and threatened.

You guys beat us in the playoffs last time. That changed things for the worse I’m afraid. Blues are my most hated team :)
    Depressing start to the Bruins-Lightning series.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    what's happening??
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Dammit @FoxRox !! I didn't realize the game was an afternoon game!!!

And yah, brutal. But the bears have the momentum from the Leaf series.
    I thought the game may swing in Tampa's favor after Marchand's snipe got waived off, but apparently not.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    This is why I wanted TB in the first round and NOT the Bruins. I think we're built the same way, but our sandpaper guys like Kadri, Martin (if he got to play), Plekanec, Polak would have thrown TB off their game.

But, Boston can't be beat in this regard and they're going to take it hard to the Lightning.

(and I'm not a big fan of Stamkos and think he's not the leader this team needs; I was surprised the Leafs were ready to roll the carpet out for him last year...)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Pens look good tonight. Really making most of the Caps look insignificant— but Holtby can start getting on their heads pretty soon
    Having Malkin and Dumo back is helping big time. Looking much better and not going down 1-0 mere seconds into the game either, so I'm happy!

Holtby's stats are much worse in Pittsburgh than in Washington so I hope they start lighting him up soon.
    Surprised to see the Caps pulled it off. Still, there is plenty of time left for them to mess up like usual.