The NHL Thread

Comments

Creasy47 wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Caps win next, then Pens take the last two...

I'm thinking Pens take the next one, get decimated in Game 6, then win it in Game 7. Though I will say, getting it done in the next two is absolutely OK with me, too.

I think it has to be another Game 7 heartbreaker for the Caps. It’s just the only thing that ever feels right.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Caps win next, then Pens take the last two...

I'm thinking Pens take the next one, get decimated in Game 6, then win it in Game 7. Though I will say, getting it done in the next two is absolutely OK with me, too.

I think it has to be another Game 7 heartbreaker for the Caps. It’s just the only thing that ever feels right.

Agreed. I don't want it to get that far, but it likely will, and I need the same outcome as always to happen.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I'd rather not tempt fate and have the Pens deliver fatal blows fast and get out in six games-- plus this series is getting nasty and Crosby was taking a hammering out there last night. One bad blow to the head...

No, I'd like to see them win the next two and get a couple days of rest-- the third round will be either TB or Boston, and both are playing a legitimately high level of hockey.
    peter wrote: »
    I'd rather not tempt fate and have the Pens deliver fatal blows fast and get out in six games-- plus this series is getting nasty and Crosby was taking a hammering out there last night. One bad blow to the head...

No, I'd like to see them win the next two and get a couple days of rest-- the third round will be either TB or Boston, and both are playing a legitimately high level of hockey.

Seems they're sticking with the same lines from last night, so Sullivan must feel like they clicked the best four games in, which works for me. Pains me to say it, but I wouldn't mind Kessel getting a little less ice time until his injury is worked out.

My money's on TB, and yes, they'll need all the rest they can get for that.
    1:01 for the money shot. How Marchand still hasn't gotten in trouble for this is hilariously beyond me.

• peterpeter Toronto
    Seriously. He did it in the first round to Komarov. This should warrant a ten minute game misconduct. Licking another player??? Seriously?? Just ridiculous.

What bugs me about Marchand is he's got so much skill and talent, he really lessens himself with these antics. There's getting under the skin of the opposition, but having a lick of their skin???
    And WHY he chooses to do it is beyond me. Licking some sweaty mustache of someone you don’t even know surely is never a good idea.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Creasy47 — see that??
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Awesome goal
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Good pushback by Washington. They’re going for it
    They've come out strong but so far it's been negated by the Pens' first shot on net. Happy to see Oleksiak finally get on the board in the post-season.
    edited May 2018 Posts: 40,473
    Oh look, a last minute goal due to a last minute penalty (it's Murray's glove side, no less) followed by another goal 30 seconds later! Pens need better focus if they want to win in Washington tonight.
    Yikes.
    Tie it up quick in the second and cut that lead, all they can do. Come out strong in the second and quit letting up when they finally have the pressure put on.
    Never fear. Until we’re proven otherwise this is still the same old Caps.
    Thankfully Ovi was kind enough to give the Pens a power play to start the second period. Tie it up then boys!
    Dominant period
    edited May 2018 Posts: 40,473
    Get that man a hot dog!!! I had a sneaking suspicion Kessel was going to show up to play his heart out this game, and boy has he. Tally another for Crosby off that assist, he's on fire this postseason.
    I want a hot dog :( preferably a chili dog...
    I am always down for one of those.
    Caps are a hot mess. Feels like it SHOULD be Game 7.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Yes @FoxRox —they’re chasing the puck
    Caps looking like they spent all their energy in that first period.
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 12,269
    Still, it’d be nice for the Pens if they had something bigger than a 1-goal lead. Anything can happen in a whole period.
    Opening period goal again. I'm telling you, that's the majority of the goals Murray is letting in, the opening or closing two minutes of a period.
    Uh oh.
    And there it is. Oof.
    First part of my prediction is coming true. So then Pens with the last two.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    missed another hockey game coz of afternoon scheduling!! When all of a sudden did all the early games start happening??

When i was coaching, that's why I had my team manager: to make sure to let me know what times and arenas I had to be in, and on what days!

And gone are the Boston Bruins...
    peter wrote: »
    missed another hockey game coz of afternoon scheduling!! When all of a sudden did all the early games start happening??

When i was coaching, that's why I had my team manager: to make sure to let me know what times and arenas I had to be in, and on what days!

And gone are the Boston Bruins...

It must be a weekend/Sunday thing, because I too keep missing them every single Sunday, it seems. It's annoying.

Oh well, farewell to the Bruins! Now Marchand can lick his teammates on the golf course all summer.

Hoping the Sharks force a Game 7 tonight.