The NHL Thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    thedove wrote: »
    Awesome! Keep us posted. Maybe I can recruit some non Bond but NHL fans to join our league?

That you could, especially if eight is required. Don't believe we even need to communicate altogether throughout the season - the only thing that will need to be organized is a live draft time.
    Look who stopped by PPG Paints Arena today!

38495669_10157483906383765_2099002005623144448_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=d28c6c134a65189c534369bf8e48f65d&oe=5BD1F00F
  • peterpeter Toronto
    WOW!!! AWESOME!!!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Besides The Leafs, the Pens are my second fave team. With my favourite player. What brought Solitaire there??
    peter wrote: »
    Besides The Leafs, the Pens are my second fave team. With my favourite player. What brought Solitaire there??

She heard I was in the area!

In all honesty, I'm not sure; saw this posted on the Pens Facebook page, they didn't mention much. I'll have to look into it and see, I'm curious as well.
    OK, you lot still interested in fantasy hockey this season? Pre-season starts in two weeks and it looks like you can now sign up and start the ESPN Fantasy Hockey league, so just wanted to make sure you all not only still wanted to do it, but what type of league you'd be interested in (I figured an H2H points type, where you set a point value to goals, assists, saves, etc. that determines who the winner is in a given match-up).

Let me know any thoughts, concerns, etc. you might have and whether or not you're still interested. You can have anywhere from 4-20 teams (players), but it has to be an even number, so we'll likely have 4, 6 or 8 of us.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Yeah I'm still in.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I'm in
    @thedove, are you still interested in this? I think the minimum for ESPN fantasy hockey is four, so you'd make the fourth. I know you've mentioned being able to recruit other non-Bond NHL fans to join in if we needed more, so that'd be up to you. Either way, if you join, that should be enough to get it started.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    I'm in! Lets do this!
    thedove wrote: »
    I'm in! Lets do this!

Excellent! If anyone wants to take the reins on creating the league and inviting us, feel free as I'm going to be rather busy with work this week - I've also never ran a league, only played in an ESPN one for a season, so I don't know what I'm doing with it exactly. Thankfully once it's set up it seems to run itself.

If nobody wants to mess with it, that's fine, I can check it out and try to get it started this week. Where are you at location wise, @thedove, or at least what time zone? We can do an auto draft, but I'd much rather run one whenever we can all partake, so we can pick our own starting players.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I'll set it up through ESPN
    Excellent, works for me. We doing H2H Points then? That one seems the best to me but I don't want to jump into a category everyone else disagrees with either.
    Yeah that's fine with me
    Awesome. I think that was the one I did, anyway - focused on goals, assists, goalies saves and whatnot, and I also think it's one of the only categories that has a post-season at the end vs. a straight up winner being announced right off the bat. It's going to be fun, boys, I'm so excited for this season.
    I'm in Toronto! This should be fun. Thanks @Last_Rat_Standing for taking on the creation. Never been in a league before.
    @thedove @Creasy47 @peter PM your email addresses whenever you want and I'll set it up
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Hey guys— @thedove — I’m also in Toronto. Should be a great season!! Thanks for setting up @last_rat_standing

My email is [email protected]
    You rock for doing the set-up, my good sir. PM sent.
    Just use the link. It's easier.
    @Creasy47 @peter @thedove see above for the link. Just click and join
    Got it set up, super simple enough. Now we'll just have to figure out what time we'll all be available to run a live draft. Shouldn't take us more than 15-20 minutes.
    Done! Ready for the draft.

Are we all in the Eastern time zone?
    I believe so.
    Well that'll make it even easier to pull off a draft, then. Excellent.
    I know the league won't begin until the season officially does, but when do you all want to try and set up the draft? Should we do it before the pre-season begins next week? If so, we could aim to get it done at some point this weekend, provided everyone is free.
    Issue with too soon is that big trades still happen along with potential preseason injuries. If we do it like I do fantasy football, then we wouldn't draft until a week before the season.
    Works for me; also gives us some time to assess the talent and players during the pre-season, too. Can't wait.
    Lets try and do the draft soon