The NHL Thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Surprised to see the Caps pulled it off. Still, there is plenty of time left for them to mess up like usual.

Goon Tom Wilson helped see to that. Cheap play left Aston-Reese with a concussion and a broken jaw, and the game before Wilson left Dumo with a concussion. That's what it takes for them to beat us, I guess. Onto the next one, I suppose, let's tie it up before hitting the road again. Pens in 7.
    Pens in 7, yes. That’s what I said. Caps always find a way to crumble.

I can only hope it's Game 7, double OT, and Crosby scores it.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Ha! Like your thinking Creasy!!
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Quadruple OT, and the Caps appear to score twice but both go back. Most heartbreaking loss yet :P

Quadruple OT, and the Caps appear to score twice but both go back. Most heartbreaking loss yet :P

If only!

One of the GREATEST Pens games I've ever seen was a regular season game that ended with the Rangers winning a shoot-out, only for the goal to get called back and the Pens continued the shoot-out and won. What a thing of beauty.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    MURRAY'S GLOVE HAND IS DEAD AND WASHINGTON KNOWS IT... another goal on the glove side... That changes the series and in washington's favor
    edited May 2018 Posts: 40,473
    peter wrote: »
    MURRAY'S GLOVE HAND IS DEAD AND WASHINGTON KNOWS IT... another goal on the glove side... That changes the series and in washington's favor

Ohhhh yeah. Murray's glove hand is incredibly weak. They keep ringing it past that, they've got this series. Pens haven't looked real solid in quite a while. I'm pretty sure if the Caps head back to Washington up 3-1, the Pens are screwed. I just don't see them winning three straight after the way they've been playing this series.

Wow, they called that goal that quick, but the one last game was deliberated even longer (and looked like it was definitely in) yet waved off. This consistency is something else.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    o- doG-- goalie interference--???
    Now a challenge. I'll bark out some sad, sad laughter if they retroactively wave it off now. Won't be shocked if they do, that's the NHL playoffs for you.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    YESSSSSS UPHELDDDD
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Hey Creasy--

You're up 2-1 in a series that you're behind 1-2...

There's 18 seconds left in the middle period.

You're taking a face-off in the opposition zone...

Do you send out a third line?

Or do you send out Malkin, Crosby, Kessel, Letang and Guentzel-- as an extra forward on the point.

18 seconds left?

I'd go with a power line.

You??????
    Oh you know I'm definitely going the latter. Though I gotta say it's upsetting that Kessel was injured right before the playoffs - just found this out today, explains why he's been nonexistent during both of these series.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    i didn't know he was injured before the playoffs. Like Matthews-- out with a shoulder injury in the weeks leading into the playoffs. I think he missed 10 games (suspicion, shoulder injury was shoulder separation).

What was/is Kessel's injury?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    watching this 3rd, the thing in the Pens favour right now-- with the cat-outta-the-bag re: Murray's weak glove-- I am not convinced the Caps have the endurance to survive.

So if the Pens pull off the victory, i think it's coz the Caps gassed themselves out of contention.

The Pens have been here every season for the last decade. Won and lost. They know what it takes.

The Caps havent got beyond the 2nd round...
    Nor I for the longest time. I think someone said it was a wrist/injury he took in a Flyers game a few weeks prior to the season ending.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    ahhhh-- so he's got not grip on the stick, and certainly no shot that's worth spit.
    Right. When he'd have those little one on one breakaways coming up the right side and score almost every time, it was amazing, but now he can't manage it as well so he fans on a lot of shots or just straight up misses the net. It's a shame.

Even without him, if they can hold off for just a few more minutes they'll thankfully tie things up 2-2 in the series going into Washington. Can't wait to see if they can steal a road win there, too.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    if Caps don't score now, watch how Pens respond when they pull Holtby-- that'll be a tell-tale...
  • peterpeter Toronto
    DUDE!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DIDN'T PULL HOLTBY OFF BEFORE 1.22

AND THEN THEY GOT TOO MANY MEN???????

THATS A NERVOUS TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    DONE N DONE
  • peterpeter Toronto
    OVIE F'D IT UP
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Letang will take out Oshie in the next game
    Even if the Caps had taken a 3-1 lead, they'd find a way to lose eventually. I won't ever believe they can get past the Pens until I actually see it. Even then I might not haha.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Right now Murray's glove is the glaring weakness for the Pens, so, overall, I liked how the Pens have re-grouped defensively-- putting up a wall between their goalie and the Caps offence.

I loved watching seven Caps players casually skating about before realizing their mistake.

Caps after last night:

xtz5kmcqduv01.jpg
    I loved watching seven Caps players casually skating about before realizing their mistake.

Caps after last night:

xtz5kmcqduv01.jpg

Being a Cast Away fan, this was hilarious!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Beautiful— looking forward to Saturday’s game.
    Caps win next, then Pens take the last two...
    Caps win next, then Pens take the last two...

I'm thinking Pens take the next one, get decimated in Game 6, then win it in Game 7. Though I will say, getting it done in the next two is absolutely OK with me, too.